Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) (24737 Views)

Nursing Mother Detained For 7 Months In Lagos Hospital Over N90,000 Unpaid Bill / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / "I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 30, 2018
overall90:

stop yapping nonsense.
no woman takes in expecting that pregnancy and delivering will be this complicated.
giving birth to preterm twin babies and having to do incubator nursing is not an easy thing even for middle class families.
the blame should go to government why no government hospital have facilities for incubator nursing.
Save your speech joo. They are not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by package7(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2018
overall90:

stop yapping nonsense.
no woman takes in expecting that pregnancy and delivering will be this complicated.
giving birth to preterm twin babies and having to do incubator nursing is not an easy thing even for middle class families.
the blame should go to government why no government hospital have facilities for incubator nursing.
Ma binu. I don't know it is a family affair. I beg park yourself to one corner jare, before I change my mind.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Cuteamigo1(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2018
having children is not cheap ooo.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Emasel(m): 2:42pm On May 30, 2018
kennygee:

As much as it is easy to blame the hospital and the high cost of keeping babies in Incubators, lots of people give birth to kids they can't afford to take care of, waiting for divine intervention.

It is well. I pray well meaning Nigerians come to their aid.

It's just an unfortunate incident, if the mother had delivered normally or even through CS there wouldn't have been problems.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by saibop(m): 2:48pm On May 30, 2018
kennygee:

As much as it is easy to blame the hospital and the high cost of keeping babies in Incubators, lots of people give birth to kids they can't afford to take care of, waiting for divine intervention.

And how did you know they cant take care of the baby. Do you mean they should wait till they are millionaire before they give birth.
If you don't have any thing to say just shut it. God that created knows what the mouth will feed on till the day of death. We are all hustlers

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 30, 2018
Ogunleti01:
Did you read the post at all?

From top to bottom.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 30, 2018
saibop:

And how did you know they cant take care of the baby. Do you mean they should wait till they are millionaire before they give birth.
If you don't have any thing to say just shut it. God that created knows what the mouth will feed on till the day of death. We are all hustlers

I've said what I have to say, asking me to shut up is too late. And I'm entitled to my opinion, if you won't take it, look and pass, if you're up for trading insults, bring it.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by slowice(m): 2:58pm On May 30, 2018
From the way the doctor sounds is obvious they actually threatened to take the baby to an orphanage, probably to scare the couple..... Bt in this buhari economy if you ain't got it you ain't got it... Not that I blame the hospital management but they should find a way to reduce the cost, release the baby,couple signs surety n pay in installment anything to assist to assist the obviously poor family
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by thesicilian: 3:00pm On May 30, 2018
Riversides2003:
Really pray to see the day health care will be free in Nigeria.Some people will argue that it’s not possible but I tell you if all the monies our politicians steal are put into proper use, it is possible. You will be surprised to know that malaria still kill people in Nigeria cos they don’t have money to buy medications. May God help us. Please nobody should blame the hospital they are doing business and business progress when you pay for service rendered.
Sensible and commendable. Most people would rush to castigate the hospital without bothering to put themselves in the their (hospital's) position.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by andyanders: 3:00pm On May 30, 2018
kennygee:

How do you you mean by the above statement? That is uncalled for. A family that is having such health challenges and you are here forming big guy and asking 'why do people give birth to kids they can't afford to take care of' . Too bad for that statement from. Pray not to be a victim to such.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 30, 2018
kennygee:

Who told you they cannot afford to raise a child. They are in this dilemma as a result of complications. How many families would spend up to a million and a half on a child in the first 10 years of his/her life? Dwell on that for a second.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by thesicilian: 3:02pm On May 30, 2018
abike12:
no government hospital with incubator. is it only rich people that give birth to premature babies? later some of you will be doing party alliance and tribalism instead of looking for a leader with solutions. at the end of the day, na una wey dey there go suffer am
Most people would conveniently ignore that fact and still blame the poor doctors who are just trying to do their best to survive the same harsh conditions we all live in.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 30, 2018
andyanders:
How do you you mean by the above statement? That is uncalled for. A family that is having such health challenges and you are here forming big guy and asking 'why do people give birth to kids they can't afford to take care of' . To bad for that statement from. Pray not to be a victim to such.

It is not a matter of bad guy or bad girl. Lots of Nigerians just pop out babies who they can't care for.

I know the bills were unforseen and the cost of the incubators is high, still, I'm speaking in general.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by abike12(f): 3:04pm On May 30, 2018
thesicilian:

Most people would conveniently ignore that fact and still blame the poor doctors who are just trying to do their best to survive the same harsh conditions we all live in.

I just don't understand how incubator is a privilege that someone should have to go to a private hospital for. This is unfair. In a sane country, private hospitals are for quicker appointments, nicer rooms and privacy, not a matter of life and death. sad

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by CandidSeeker(m): 3:05pm On May 30, 2018
package7:
If, you are not financial buoyant, abstain from sex jare.

Stop embarrassing yourself. grin

You can not understand.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by thesicilian: 3:11pm On May 30, 2018
abike12:

I just don't understand how incubator is a privilege that someone should have to go to a private hospital for. This is unfair. In a sane country, private hospitals are for quicker appointments, nicer rooms and privacy, not a matter of life and death. sad
An average incubator costs less than 2million naira, something that even a local government chairman can donate to every major hospital in his constituency. Not to talk of the state or federal government. Yet they prefer to spend these moneys on frivolity.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by package7(m): 3:12pm On May 30, 2018
CandidSeeker:

You can not understand.
Keep your scandalous understanding to yaself. Please don't bother me again.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by dominique(f): 3:19pm On May 30, 2018
A whole general hospital doesn't have incubators for premature babies, pathetic!

package7:
If, you are not financial buoyant, abstain from sex jare.

Stop embarrassing yourself. grin

You're the one embarrassing yourself here, you obviously didn't read the opening post. How many middle/low income earners will be able to cough out N1.2m bill for treatment of premature twins? It was an unplanned incidence and nobody should blame them for not being able to offset that kind of bill. Neither should anybody blame the hospital for demanding to be paid in full.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Benoxvals(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
Nairaland should introduce Charity section where we can help the people in need,make a difference and change lives..
50 people should volunteer and this poor child will be discharged by weekend.
Myself included..

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by andyanders: 3:30pm On May 30, 2018
kennygee:

Look at the trash you are talking here and you call yourseld a woman? My people talk say ' a pregnant woman need not laugh another woman who gave birth to a still birth 'cus she doesn't know what her own pregnancy could turn out to be'. Watch what you say cus you are woman and anything can happen.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by phase1: 3:31pm On May 30, 2018
End the rancour in the health sector. Motivate JOHESU professionals by encouraging them to grow like their counterparts in advanced climes, then equip the public health sector adequately like a 7-star hotel.

Nigerians will have no reason to waste their hard earned money in private hospitals which are just 'extortion centres' run by greedy lots.

Nigerians deserve 7-star public hospitals run by neutral health administrators who will encourage all health professionals to grow for the benefit of the patients. They deserve it just like Yusuf Buhari.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Benoxvals(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2018
gypsey:
so why did your useless God not come to resue of the child? it's okay for God to create but can not provide for the people he created or even pay for their hospital bills, i think God is a useless Idiot!

Careful son...
Western education is good but do not
be blinded by some of its ethics.
Mess with man but pls DO NOT mess
with A SUPREME BEING.

Nigerian medical system is the problem here and
not GOD cos in a sane country,the amount they have
gathered would taken care of both the woman and her
new born babies.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by package7(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2018
dominique:
A whole general hospital doesn't have incubators for premature babies, pathetic!

You're the one embarrassing yourself here, you obviously didn't read the opening post. How many middle/low income earners will be able to cough out N1.2m bill for treatment of premature twins? It was an unplanned incidence and nobody should blame them for not being able to offset that kind of bill. Neither should anybody blame the hospital for demanding to be paid in full.
I thought I make it clear to you that I don't want to be bother again on these topic. Anyway send their account details. Do have a wonderful day.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 30, 2018
Benoxvals:

Careful son...
Western education is good but do not
be blinded by some of its ethics.
Mess with man but pls DO NOT mess
with A SUPREME BEING.

Nigerian medical system is the problem here and
not GOD cos in a sane country,the amount they have
gathered would taken care of both the woman and her
new born babies.
i was responding to the commntor who claims that God created the baby therefore people should get pregnant have babies they can not look after, perhaps God should provide for the child he/she created.
Besides if really God exits and created humans, why is God's creation suffering in difficulty while God watches? i thought God is supposed to be helpfull.

And No, i am not blinded by western education and is it not the west who introduced Africans to Religion and God? on the contrary.
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by okewumi: 3:53pm On May 30, 2018
A friend gave birth to a preterm baby and l knew what he went through. Despite working, he could not cope after a month in hospital. He has to pay daily for incubator, oxygen, Phototeraphy, SB etc. Thank God the baby survived but the family is not balance financially till this moment. Our government has really missed it and l don't think things can really change kiss

I think it will be better if Churches and Mosques can save masses. We need health sector rescue mission. When l was young, our parent used to take us to missionary hospital like Adventist hospital etc and they will pay half of the total cost, the church subsidies. This is better than imam or pastor buying jets or building university.

Please don't quote me

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by NoToPile: 3:54pm On May 30, 2018
I doubt if the general hospitals don't have incubators what happens most times is that they are all occupied by children, it's more of a case of no space at the NNU.

It's not something palatable, carrying a newborn up and down because of complications. cry
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by AntiWailer: 3:57pm On May 30, 2018
I wish there is a sensible way to raise funds for them.

I will initate the contribution with 100k.

@YModulus and other Nairalanders are we game ?

That is why we kept screaming in Politics section. This is a useless country.

No reason why Govt should not be able to pay that Bill. An innocent baby for crying out loud !!!

Shame to all the idiots defending any thief or looter on Ethnic , religious or political ground..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Majesticniyi(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2018
God bless you for the kind gesture.

The hospital really can't be blamed for not releasing the baby. This is just a sad reminder that the Nigerian System has failed....no incubator in govt. hospitals fah!

AntiWailer:
I wish there is a sensible way to raise funds for them.

I will initate the contribution with 100k.

@YModulus and other Nairalanders are we game ?

That is why we kept screaming in Politics section. This is a useless country.

No reason why Govt should not be able to pay that Bill. An innocent baby for crying out loud !!!

Shame to all the idiots defending any thief or looter on Ethnic , religious or political ground..
Re: Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 30, 2018
overall90:

stop yapping nonsense.
giving birth to preterm twin babies and having to do incubator nursing(in a private hospital)is not an easy thing even for middle class families.
Government facilities have incubators, though not all, but the ones available are not enough for every preterm in lagos.

when we preach contraception and abstinence, itbisbto prevent things like this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure? / Journalist Brutalised By Ondo Police[PICTURE] / Bayelsa’s 7 Monkey Pox Patients Discharged From Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.