Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo (53420 Views)

Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General / Retired English Teacher Corrects Letter From Trump & Sends It Back To White Hous / Nigeria Did Not Attend US Embassy Opening In Jerusalem - Aljazeera Corrects Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 30, 2018
Idiotic busy body. He's the prsident, you are an English teacher, two different job description.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by nabegibeg: 2:57pm On May 30, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
A retired secondary school English teacher has corrected a letter she received from US president Donald Trump and sent it back to the White House.
Yvonne Mason, who lives in Atlanta and was a teacher for 17 years, said the letter would have barely passed and corrected its numerous grammatical errors.
This included 11 examples of incorrect capitalisation of words such as "president" and "state".

"If it had been written in middle school, I'd give it a C or C-plus. If it had been written in high school, I'd give it a D," Ms Mason told South Carolina's Greenville News.

She chose not to attach a grade to the corrected letter, which included Mr Trump's signature, and posted back to the White House.
Ms Mason argued the note - which was a reply to a note she had written about the Valentine's Day school shooting in Florida which left 17 dead - was "stylistically appalling".
She acknowledged the letter was likely to have been penned by a staff member rather than the President himself.

"When you get letters from the highest level of government, you expect them to be at least mechanically correct," she said.
The teacher, who taught English at Hughes Middle School and Mauldin High School in Greenville for almost two decades before retiring last year, compared the billionaire property developer's letter to those sent by the state's Republican Senator Lindsey Graham.
She said: "Lindsey Graham, or his people, writes exquisite letters. I give him credit for that. They are far more on-topic. I understand the nature of form letters, but Graham's are written as if they're addressing your particular concern."
In her original letter, she urged Mr Trump to individually meet with the families who lost loved ones at the Stoneman Douglas High School massacre.
The world leader previously held a listening session with student survivors of mass shootings, their parents and teachers in the State Dining Room at the White House.
The Trump administration has been frequently mocked for its grammatical mistakes. The president has become famed for firing off rambling, inflammatory tweets - which include misspellings, typos and other linguistic errors - to his 52 million followers in the early hours.
Typos penned by Mr Trump on Twitter include the famous "covfefe", misspelling President Obama's name as "Barrack", "rediculous" and "politicons".

https://m.qt.com.au/news/retired-english-teacher-corrects-trump-letter/3426302/

English Teacher from hell fire

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Noblefirstlady: 2:57pm On May 30, 2018
Try this in Naija and get ready to jump out of a moving vehicle.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by chainsawx: 3:00pm On May 30, 2018
cache

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by chiefeconomist: 3:05pm On May 30, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
A retired secondary school English teacher has corrected a letter she received from US president Donald Trump and sent it back to the White House.
Yvonne Mason, who lives in Atlanta and was a teacher for 17 years, said the letter would have barely passed and corrected its numerous grammatical errors.
This included 11 examples of incorrect capitalisation of words such as "president" and "state".

"If it had been written in middle school, I'd give it a C or C-plus. If it had been written in high school, I'd give it a D," Ms Mason told South Carolina's Greenville News.

She chose not to attach a grade to the corrected letter, which included Mr Trump's signature, and posted back to the White House.
Ms Mason argued the note - which was a reply to a note she had written about the Valentine's Day school shooting in Florida which left 17 dead - was "stylistically appalling".
She acknowledged the letter was likely to have been penned by a staff member rather than the President himself.

"When you get letters from the highest level of government, you expect them to be at least mechanically correct," she said.
The teacher, who taught English at Hughes Middle School and Mauldin High School in Greenville for almost two decades before retiring last year, compared the billionaire property developer's letter to those sent by the state's Republican Senator Lindsey Graham.
She said: "Lindsey Graham, or his people, writes exquisite letters. I give him credit for that. They are far more on-topic. I understand the nature of form letters, but Graham's are written as if they're addressing your particular concern."
In her original letter, she urged Mr Trump to individually meet with the families who lost loved ones at the Stoneman Douglas High School massacre.
The world leader previously held a listening session with student survivors of mass shootings, their parents and teachers in the State Dining Room at the White House.
The Trump administration has been frequently mocked for its grammatical mistakes. The president has become famed for firing off rambling, inflammatory tweets - which include misspellings, typos and other linguistic errors - to his 52 million followers in the early hours.
Typos penned by Mr Trump on Twitter include the famous "covfefe", misspelling President Obama's name as "Barrack", "rediculous" and "politicons".

https://m.qt.com.au/news/retired-english-teacher-corrects-trump-letter/3426302/

She should be ashamed of herself. None of her corrections on the letter itself are correct. Most of the "corrections" she made involve capitalizing words like "federal", " state" and "national". While that might not be acceptable in her English class, it is in the editorial guidelines of the white house. Letters from previous US presidents like George Bush and Barack Obama also capitalized these words.
Certainly Trump did not type that letter himself. She cannot blame any of his staffers that actually wrote the letter for adhering to the White House's editorial guidelines.
It's unfortunate that the media would give airtime to whoever wants to bash Trump, regardless of the topic. In this case, this should never have been newsworthy in the first place.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by SirBunky85(m): 3:06pm On May 30, 2018
datola:
That is rather petty of the retired school teacher.

I'm sure Trump does not care about such irrelevancies.

but if na pmb now,u for dey call am illiterate.hypocrites everywhere

1 Like

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by KrystosCJ(m): 3:06pm On May 30, 2018
I can imagine what would happen to a Nigerian lecturer if he dared to correct PMB's many grammatical errors and flawed pronunciations. She even referred him to a website that would help his English.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Fuckgiver(m): 3:10pm On May 30, 2018
Old news [img][/img] undecided
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Heartbender: 3:10pm On May 30, 2018
But he's rich and the number president while nne teacher is old, single and bitter undecided
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Viergeachar: 3:10pm On May 30, 2018
goslowgoslow:

You dey mind them? They are more than idiots English is not our language.

Not everybody will be as lucky as Trump. Bad English may cost you a lot.
Be guided!

1 Like

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by brodalokie: 3:11pm On May 30, 2018
I would like to employ her service if she is a good writer and editor. My new book is almost complete. How can I get in touch?
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by sexdoll: 3:16pm On May 30, 2018
***In Trump's cranky voice****

Shut up, you dumb 'ho, English is not our language!
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by tooawesome(m): 3:18pm On May 30, 2018
IT'S SIMPLE, SHE DIDN'T DESERVE A WELL WRITTEN LETTER undecided
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by room089: 3:22pm On May 30, 2018
adem30:
And some idiots will be busy correcting Nigerians English on Nairaland

Bros don't call them idiots!

Let's appreciate them.

They are doing us good.

I am learning from them just like others. I believe you too must have learnt a thing or two from them.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
Silly leftist pig
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by karpentar: 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
Phemmyhohjor:
Na wa o

What's even special about English language? It's nothing but a language and there are hundreds of other languages.
If that yeye English teacher write me a letter in Ijaw language, I will also spot some errors.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by asawanathegreat(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
Trump is doing his work as presido weather u guys like it or not.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Chukazu: 3:26pm On May 30, 2018
"English is just a medium of communication not a measure of intelligence "
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by symbianDON(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2018
if this kain mama mark waec ehnnn! grin .....na die o! meanwhile, I wonder what she would have done to mama p's letter grin she for jus tear am start to cry....

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by micodon(m): 3:32pm On May 30, 2018
goslowgoslow:

You dey mind them? They are more than idiots English is not our language.

quit communicating in it, then
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by AZeD1(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2018
Chukazu:
"English is just a medium of communication not a measure of intelligence "

No matter how intelligent you are, if you can't communicate you won't achieve anything.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by SaintLucia: 3:41pm On May 30, 2018
package7:
But, the guy dey perform sha. On like the one we have, hin dey address us with hin local dialect grin
He still better than that your IPOB runaway fool
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by agarawu23(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2018
Kinda funny.

Some people get time sha
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by raphchima(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2018
Old news
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 30, 2018
Omo ehh! Nigerian youths are really confused- I swear!

See how dem dey defend TRUMP like say, na their family friend or blood-related.

Now I believe that truly, anything white with white lips, is OMNIPOTENT In the sight of average RIVER NIGER. I weak...

2 Likes

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by akdjr(m): 3:55pm On May 30, 2018
Trump keep bringing shame to us.......

1 Like

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by package7(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2018
SaintLucia:
He still better than that your IPOB runaway fool
bravo... You want my audience, but, its unfortunate I want give you this afternoon. Aboki... Gerrout here.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by encryptjay(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2018
Yawns.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by motherfucker: 4:02pm On May 30, 2018
Lipscomb:
undecided learn English? When my mates counting dollars?
Mumu... As if money is everything
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by TEYA: 4:06pm On May 30, 2018
Lipscomb:
undecided na English we want chop abi
An arse kisser like you will scorn the IG of police for grammatical blunder but hail Trump. I pray for your deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by TEYA: 4:08pm On May 30, 2018
karpentar:

What's even special about English language? It's nothing but a language and there are hundreds of other languages.
If that yeye English teacher write me a letter in Ijaw language, I will also spot some errors.
Trump is not an Ijaw man. Did you guys excuse the IG of police? Abegii!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Mexican School Uniforms: "Boys Can Wear Skirts & Girls Can Wear Trousers". / Billionaires: Donald Trump's Cabinet, The Richest In Modern History. / World Reacts As Missiles Rain Explosions On Ukrainian Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.