Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,291 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 (889 Views)

‘we Kidnapped Falae To Get Money To Celebrate Salah’ -suspects / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by asha80(m): 6:29pm On May 28, 2010
Falae to Jonathan: Forget presidential ambition in 2011
Politics May 28, 2010 By Dayo Johnson
Former secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Olu Falae has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to forget his ambition of succeeding himself but to limit himself to conducting of a free, fair and transparent election that will be acceptable to all Nigeria

Falae who spoke with Vanguard in Akure said that it would be unfair for Jonathan to want to succeed himself.

According to him “Immediate he shows interest in contesting election, there will be conflict of interests and you know in human mind if there is conflict between your interests and that of the nation, yours will win, which means, he may compromise the objective of conducting a free and fair election.

“He should not compromise himself by contesting election.

“He is a young man of 53, 54, he can afford to write his name in gold now by giving us credible election, he can come back later and we would bring him back later to reward him foe saving Nigeria from embarrassment and shame as a nation that cannot conduct credible election.

Falae denied that he was working surreptitiously for the emergence of Jonathan.

Falae who spoke with Nigerian Compass said he had never met with anybody in order to champion or campaign for the presidential ambition of President Jonathan.

Also, he ruled out the possibilities of supporting any candidate of any other political party who is not member of the newly formed Social Democratic Mega Party (SDMP).

He declared that “I have nothing against Jonathan but he is not in my party and therefore I cannot strategize about his candidacy. As far as he is a candidate of the PDP, to which I do not belong and I cannot support him.

“ But if he were to change his mind and decamp from PDP and joined SDMP, then he can aspire like other Nigerians. Until he does that I have no interest about his candidacy.

On IBB ambition, Falae said he is free to contest but that he would not support him unless he decided to join his party

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/28/falae-to-jonathan-forget-presidential-ambition-in-2011/comment-page-5/#comments
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by naso2(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2010
bullcrap. suddenly falae is now a "pope" hmmmmmm.

So had UMYA been alive, he would have counselled him not to contest and try to succeed himself ,so that he can give us free and fair elections?
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Fhemmmy: 7:14pm On May 28, 2010
na wa oh.
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by oderemo(m): 9:31pm On May 28, 2010
in NIGERIA politics FALAE is no body.just a former FIN. MINISTER. oh sorry pres, aspirant,
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by asha80(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2010
ode remo:

in NIGERIA politics FALAE is no body.just a former FIN. MINISTER. oh sorry pres, aspirant,

Are you sure?i thought that was the preffered candidate of southwest during 1999 elections?
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by oderemo(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2010
^^ in the land of the blind , one eye man bcom tha king , innit.?
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by asha80(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2010
ode remo:

^^ in the land of the blind , one eye man bcom tha king , innit.?

Guy u wicked ooo.
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 28, 2010
This man was part of the people that destroyed Nigeria,dont be surprised tommorow,he will tell you he was misquoted.
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by nethacker(m): 12:29am On May 29, 2010
this stupid falae guy shld jst shut up n get out, its now dat he is a saint. who is he sef?
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Becomrich7: 1:04am On May 30, 2010
I know he would never say that , he would not support IBB, the newspaper just added that part to sell newspaper.

Olu Falae knows that Yorubas hate IBB with passion. Even IBB himself knows that.  So why do you think, he would say that.  And Falae won Yorubaland. Beating Obasanjo of PDP, I say it again of PDP in every villages, town and cities and everywhere really. It tell you, Jonathan should take him serious.  To be honest with you. PDP only won Yorubaland because Obasanjo was running against a Northerner. And they had to forgive Obasanjo and over look his mistake. AD did not even have candidate in most of the area so that they do not disgrace obasanjo. Not because the PDP was popular in Yorubaland. It was because the Yorubas believe in " Omo ni eje ose" . Actually they do not like the PDP. But because Obasanjo was running for president, that why made them win.   If not PDP would never had won. I mean NEVER.   So dont be shock if the PDP loss all the seat in 2011. I am telling you as a yorubaman.
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Nobody: 1:09am On May 30, 2010
Becomrich7:

I know he would never say that , he would not support IBB, the newspaper just added that part to sell newspaper.

Olu Falae knows that Yorubas hate IBB with passion. So why do you think, he would say that. And Falae won Yorubaland. Beating Obasanjo of PDP in every villages, town and everywhere really. It tell you, Jonathan should take him serious. To be honest with you. PDP only won Yorubaland because Obasanjo was running against a Northerner. And they had to forgive Obasanjo and over look his mistake. AD did not even had candidate in most of the area so that they do not disgrace obasanjo. Not because the PDP was popular in Yorubaland. Actually they do not like the PDP. But because Obasanjo was running for president, that why made them win. If not PDP would never had won. I mean NEVER. So dont be shock if the PDP loss all the seat in 2011. I am telling you as a yorubaman.
Why are you rewriting history in wrong form,Obasonjo was rigged in,he did not win because he was running with against a northner,that was wrong.He cheated the Ad governors
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Nobody: 1:39am On May 30, 2010
And who is Falae?

Is he important enough for Jonathan to care about his support?
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Becomrich7: 3:10am On May 30, 2010
Let me give you the history. Obasanjo upset the "last god" of the Yoruba people, Chief Obafemi awolowo, the head of the Egbe Omo oduduwa.  So the Yoruba people hated Obasanjo for this. 1979 election.  In turn they would not vote for him. 
For you to know how powerful chief obafemi awolowo was, when he died, they decided to make him one of the god they worship in Yorubaland, but if I remember very well. His wife was against it. The last time the Yorubas made sure offer was over 500 years. Shango , ogun and others which the Yorubas worships were all human, and were christed to become gods. If you push down even the status of Awolowo, they can kill you in Yorubaland. If they can burn down any embassy for speaking against him.

When they made moshood Abiola , the aare Ona kakanfo, his wife ask him not to accept the position because noone who holds the position die normally. They all get killed.  They are also ritual done and cultics thing done. The aare ona kakanfo is the head of the army. and since 1993, they have not appoitted another, even before that. it took nearly 30 years to appoint one. the Yorubas have an tradictional army , apart from the nigeria army.

So when we make statement. we know what we are talking about.
Jonathan needs the support of falae.  When the AD agreed to allow Obasanjo to win. chief tinubu was the only one who did not trust Obasanjo. That why they fight all the time. And the other allow the PDP to win because the north were given Obasanjo problem and even tried to impreached Obasanjo lead by Nabba. That why they all vacated thier seat for the PDP to give obasanjo a strong base at home.
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by biomes2001: 9:18am On May 30, 2010
Becomrich7 is right to a good extent because the yorubas are the wisest politicians in naija. What they did wit obasanjo in 2003-2007 demonstrated that. But the other part of it is that Jonathan does nt need falae to win elections,because falae has lost political relevance over the years. Jonathan's few actions while in office shows that he is wise and intelligent and by merit,he is the kind of leader naija needs now. apart from the fact that he holds a p.hd, he has shown foresight,political dexterity and sagacity. any nigerian who opposses Jonathan's president in the guise of rotation or anything else is an agent of destruction and such should be banished to TATARUS to be wit fallen angels!!
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Jeboy(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2010
@becomerich

What about d South West states PDP won, was it also because they want yoruba presidency? Please give us accurate info not misguided truth
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by otokx(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2010
Falae should just look for the nearest well and jump inside.
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Becomrich7: 10:05pm On May 30, 2010
Jeboy look Jonathan is the one who has created problem from himself. Noone care the shit1 if you have PHD. we all went to university. Tinubu, fashola, Goje,sambo, we all went to university. You talking about PHD. Voters in nigeria do not care if you have PHD. It is even a disadvantage because of the past experience in Nigeria. Do you think the whole world want to teach. No,  Some people are going to go into business.

Jonathan was the one who created problem for himself. You may ask why did I say so.

When he wanted to pick VP. He did it himself. Sambo is my friend brother. But I still have to tell you the truth.
You see nigeria politics have calculation in it.

He is selection.

He did not protect the Yorubas vote,
He did not protect voting in Igboland
He did not protect voting in the middle belt.
He did not protect voting against a rival of the fulani/hausa group. Look either he pick them or not, they would not vote for him. ANPP during obasanjo election won 7 fulani/hausa state. It was the middle belt state that obasanjo capture. 

The Yoruba, igbo, middle belt and fulani/hausa vote he left up for graps, Noone can do that in Nigeria and expect he would be president.
It is a mistakes.  Like I told you sambo brother Fulani/hausa is my friend. So it may pay me to get contract. But I know how they vote in Nigeria. I dont have to lie to you.  Nigeria politics may work against Jonathan. I suggested saraki, before they deleted it, before he pick his VP. for three reason. He is fulani/yoruba/middle belt.  And all the white from zimbawe live in his state, international publicity.

What Jonathan selection did to the middle belt is that the Middle belt can not be president in the next 32 years, same for the Igbos and Yorubas  but a fulani/hausa Yar adua just left the place. So Jonathan did not look at it well.  And he should expect trouble for himself.

Them say soup we sweet na money kill it. My written sweet, no bi for internet, Jonathan fit get this kind of my written for free. No. No free thing for lagos. my brother.

It is the turn of the south to produce the president even according to rotation.

Obasanjo  Southerner
Yar Adua    Northerner
2011         Southerner
Next election after 2011 Northerner

Jeboy have you seen the satellite pictures. ? Ogun state is 2x more populated than river state.

Osun state is more populated than river state. but what is your election result showing you.

If you know anyone who can say he won an election in Nigeria. Let him paste is name online or do you know anyone , paste that name. And we would look at the satellite picture of that area he won and the result. That why, you would know they made up the figures.

I dare you to paste anyone
Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by Musiwa13: 6:16am On May 31, 2010
Noone zone the president to the south south,   

Anybody from the south can contest, even Yorubas.

2003 election

Buhari Muhammadu   Fulani /hausa
Ojukwu Chukwuemeka Odumegwu  Igbo

Okereke Osita Emmanuel  Igbo

Yahaya G.K. Ezemue Ndu    South south

Nnaji Ifeanyi Chukwu Goodwill   Igbo

Ferreira Antonia Abayomi Jorge   Yoruba

Christopher Ogenebrorie Okotie      South south

ChristopherPere Ajuwa           South south

Yusuf Muhammadu Dikko           North

Mojisola Adekunle Obasanjo (Mrs)   Yoruba

Agoro Olapade Roland Aremo         Yoruba

Tunji Braithwaite     Yoruba

Ganiyu Fawehinmi    Yoruba

Ike Omar Sanda Nwachukwu      Igbo

Kalu Idika Kalu     Igbo

Sarah N. Jibril            North

Olusegun Obasanjo       Yoruba

Nwankwo Auwucha Arthur   Igbo

Musa Abdukadir Balarabe

Nwobodo Jim Ifeanyichukwu

Re: Falae To Jonathan: Forget Presidential Ambition In 2011 by otokx(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2010
It is too early to start laughing.

(1) (Reply)

Bashir Tofa: No Northern Pdp Member Can Defeat Jonathan / 1 Died, 20 Arrested In Oyo Nurtw Members’ Clash•pdp Faction Condemns Bank On Oyo / Oyibo Beat Naija Man Shege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.