Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded (3116 Views)

Books Required To Educate The Youth / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by sunnyh: 12:55am On May 31, 2018
Take Online Courses with Certificates Awarded | Checkout These Places to Educate Yourself Online for Free .
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) and OpenCourseWare (OCW) are no longer new to us, but they brought great and new changes. They have been causing a progressive movement in human development, a phenomenon in the learning experience for the workforce, and gradually bridging the large gap between the educated and the uneducated.

OpenCourseWares (OCW) are course lessons created at universities and published for free via the Internet. A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as filmed lectures, readings, and problem sets, many MOOCs provide interactive user forums to support community interactions among students, professors, and teaching assistants (TAs).

With online courses, anyone from any part of the world can gain knowledge in any field of interest for free or almost for free. All you need is a computer; laptop, tablet or Smartphone – internet connection, commitment and a self-made schedule. You can even get a certificate on completing the course. Study & Scholarships has compiled this list.
Online Courses for Free or Near-free

Below is a list of online websites and resources you can obtain these free or almost-free trainings from:

1). ALISON
ALISON (Advance Learning Interactive System Online) offers Free Online Courses, Workplace Skills, Interactive Education and Multimedia learning. With ALISON you can take online courses with certificate of completion or Diploma level, on a wide range of courses.

2). Coursera
Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer online courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects, such as engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and others. Improve your resume, advance your career, expand your knowledge, and gain confidence.....continue reading

1 Like

Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by successking401(m): 3:28am On May 31, 2018
sunnyh:
Take Online Courses with Certificates Awarded | Checkout These Places to Educate Yourself Online for Free .
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) and OpenCourseWare (OCW) are no longer new to us, but they brought great and new changes. They have been causing a progressive movement in human development, a phenomenon in the learning experience for the workforce, and gradually bridging the large gap between the educated and the uneducated.

OpenCourseWares (OCW) are course lessons created at universities and published for free via the Internet. A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as filmed lectures, readings, and problem sets, many MOOCs provide interactive user forums to support community interactions among students, professors, and teaching assistants (TAs).

With online courses, anyone from any part of the world can gain knowledge in any field of interest for free or almost for free. All you need is a computer; laptop, tablet or Smartphone – internet connection, commitment and a self-made schedule. You can even get a certificate on completing the course. Study & Scholarships has compiled this list.
Online Courses for Free or Near-free

Below is a list of online websites and resources you can obtain these free or almost-free trainings from:

1). ALISON
ALISON (Advance Learning Interactive System Online) offers Free Online Courses, Workplace Skills, Interactive Education and Multimedia learning. With ALISON you can take online courses with certificate of completion or Diploma level, on a wide range of courses.

2). Coursera
Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer online courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects, such as engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and others. Improve your resume, advance your career, expand your knowledge, and gain confidence.....continue reading

1 Like

Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by SirWhiteFish: 4:03am On May 31, 2018
THIS IS THE REST

2). Coursera
Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer online courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects, such as engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and others. Improve your resume, advance your career, expand your knowledge, and gain confidence.

3). Udemy
Udemy’s goal is to disrupt and democratize the world of education by enabling anyone to teach and learn online. It seeks to dramatically change education by empowering millions of experts around the world to teach & share what they know. Whether you want to learn excel, business & entrepreneurship, academics, the arts, health & fitness, language, music or technology, there is a comprehensive course for you.

CHECK ALSO: Study in UK : University of Bath International Scholarships for Foreign Masters Students(75 Awards Offered!)
4). Udacity
When Udacity started its first courses in February 2012, the model was that all online courses are open enrollment; you can learn at your own pace and access all of the information you need at any time. Upon completion of the class, you download your class certification to demonstrate your level of achievement in the course, all for free. However in April 2014, it announced that effective from May 16, they will be phasing out certificates for free courseware completion. Students are now required to pay to complete courses and get a verified certificate.

5). Khan Academy
At Khan Academy, you learn almost anything for free. With over 3,100 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice, the online academy is on the mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.

6). Edx
EdX is a transformational partnership in online education between The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University to offer online university courses with certificate to millions of people around the world. Today, several other world class universities offer online courses on edX.

7). University of the People
University of the People (UoPeople) is proclaimed the world’s first tuition-free online university dedicated to the global advancement and democratization of higher education. UoPeople offers Associates and Bachelors degree programs in Business Administration and Computer Science.

cool. Apple iTunes U
If you’re a student who uses Apple devices, you will be happy to know that you have access to iTunes U, which gives you access to different educational courses from all leading universities for free! Did you dream of studying at MIT, Oxford, Yale, or Cambridge? This is your chance to learn various subjects from the best colleges and universities in the world.

9). Saylor
Saylor strives to provide quality education for free for everyone around the world. The Saylor team hires credentialed professors to create course blueprints and to locate, vet, and organize Open Education Resources – OER materials into a structured and intuitive format. Each course culminates with a final exam, and students receiving a passing grade can download a certificate of completion.

CHECK ALSO: 200 apps suspended By Facebook over user data misuse
10). UC Berkeley
UC Berkeley webcasts offers a large selection of courses in a comprehensive list of departments — bioengineering, Japanese, legal studies, public health. Since the webcasts are more or less recordings of actual lectures, as opposed to courses optimized for web, they lack lecture notes and supplementary materials. However, each course has audio recordings of lectures via iTunes or video recordings of lectures via YouTube.

11). Academic Earth
Academic Earth has curated links to over 750 online courses and 8,500 individual online lectures, giving students of all ages unparalleled access to college courses they may otherwise never ex

2 Likes

Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by dantenny(m): 5:48am On May 31, 2018
wow this is really amazing, thanks for d info o.p

1 Like

Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by adebayour26: 7:06am On May 31, 2018
I've tried out that ALISON some years ago but I wasn't taking it too serious. Thanks for the info
Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by mayowaanthony: 10:40am On May 31, 2018
My work schedule has been hectic for a while which put a strain on me commencing my master degree programme, friends told me to try the online study option but i thought i will almost have to part with billions to make that happen. Well, i have finally commenced my Master's Degree Programme and i am awed by how flexible and engaging it is. I was glad i listened to my friend who gave me the link to StudyLocal Nigeria. They not only have the largest course directory in Nigeria but also guided me to beginning an affordable online masters degree programme from one of the Top Universities in the world....http://www.studylocal.ng
Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by MVLOX(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2018
am currently running the DSA program to get a certification from Google. .. online things re making sense
Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by sunnyh: 8:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded
Re: 10 Places To Educate Yourself Online For Free With Certificates Awarded by realonebizschl: 5:08pm On Feb 13

You might need to check out - https://realone.pro/

Its an e-learning platform that offers online certification course in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Amassoma:kingdom Of Darkness / Unilorin 2015/2016 Remedia Form: Official Thread For Remedia Information / Nouonline.net - National Open University Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.