Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) (1081 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Acquires Private Jet (Photos, Video) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Private Jet Photos / Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by Explorers(m): 8:41am On May 31, 2018
A US televangelist has asked his followers to help fund his fourth private jet because Jesus "wouldn't be riding a donkey".

Jesse Duplantis said God had told him to buy a Falcoln 7X for $54m (£41m).

He added he was hesitant about the purchase at first, but said God had told him:

"I didn't ask you to pay for it. I asked you to believe for it."

Although preachers owning private jets is not unusual, this particular appeal has caused controversy.

Twitter users responded to the request with disbelief, with many quoting Bible verses warning against greed and "false prophets", or suggesting that the money could be better used to help the poor.

In a video address posted on his website, 68-year-old Mr Duplantis explained:

"You know, I've owned three different jets in my life, and I've used them and just burning them up for the Lord Jesus Christ."

Now, some people believe that preachers shouldn't have jets. I really believe that preachers ought to go on every available voice, every available outlet, to get this Gospel preached to the world."

Standing beside framed pictures of his current fleet, he said that the jet he bought 12 years ago was no longer sufficient for his ministry because he could not fly non-stop, meaning he had to pay "exorbitant" refuelling costs.

Another picture which appeared in the video showed the preacher standing with the three aircraft, above the caption: "It's not about possessions, it's about priorities."

Mr Duplantis justified the request by saying that Jesus had told people to "go into the world and preach the Gospel to every creature, now how we gonna do that?

I can't live long enough to travel by car or by ship or by train, but I can do it by an aeroplane".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44305873
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by Danhumprey: 8:59am On May 31, 2018
And the sheeples say.... "Amen! Yes, Lord!".

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by EzendiEgo1: 9:03am On May 31, 2018
Y
Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by sirgalahad26(m): 9:10am On May 31, 2018
as if he has been visiting every country in the world for evangelism!
Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:11am On May 31, 2018
I noh blame the Man jare.. cry

Na dey followers I blame nii cry

1 Like

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On May 31, 2018
What happened to all the other aeroplanes in this world undecided must you own another

1 Like

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by Kyllahmc(m): 2:02pm On May 31, 2018
Lol G guys dey learn work for where preachers dey...
Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by Sammypedro18(m): 6:15pm On May 31, 2018
The last days are truly here, pray not to fall prey to then
Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by J2381: 6:28pm On May 31, 2018
Lawd! Imagine this subtle brainwashing. I must say this pastor really have balls. Like what tha fvck! shocked

1 Like

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by AfroMighty(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2018
What most of we Christians fail to understand is that this men of God aren't God and we should stop giving in to their wants most of the time...
The money for this jet should be use for charity, because we can preach the gospel through charity but we can never preach charity through the gospel...
And besides most of us don't know this man

3 Likes

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by maisauki: 11:21pm On May 31, 2018
sooo no b only Africa sheeples dey?

2 Likes

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by amalder: 1:30am On Jun 02, 2018
hey not every building is house of God and every pastor is man of God.

Re: ₦19.4 Billion, US Evangelist Asked Followers To Fund His 4th Private Jet(photos) by luminouz(m): 5:12am On Jun 02, 2018
Lol......
I have remained allergic to this bullshiiit for 10 years now...
N I still don't give a fvck...

The worst victims are Africans..religion has been so ingrained into their DNA that peeps would believe a sheep can give birth to a goat cuz 'with God all things are possible' mantra. Niggas don't even use their brains again unless their pastors/imams authorise them.i slapped my lil bro the day I bought a TM shirt for him and he rejected it,saying his pastor said TM shirts are ungodly. His brain reset sharply.
How in hell would I believe a 'God' who supposedly commands his subjects to kill other humans(so called heathens) as a prerequisite to enter heaven. Who made the other humans?? Daemons?? If he wants them dead,let him do d killing himself. A God who needs me to fight/spill blood on his behalf,is no God of mine.
We pray n pray n pray some more,never applying practical principles to our daily lives n yet we expect miracles. Politicians loot n loot some more,we pray God changes their hearts instead of speaking out and fighting against it. we pray we win the world cup or other laurels,despite only starting serious preparations 6 months to the events. We pray to become advanced like China,USA n d likes without investing in education....n to make matters worse,when all else fails, we claim it's God's will or God's time is the best or Man proposes,God disposes. Why would God give you a brain,he wouldn't want u to use,eyes not to see,ears to discern, mouths never to protest, what's the essence of creating a being who becomes a parasite to you? Every pastor's word is treated with awe,better than ur parents,every imam's declaration is a sacred mantra u dare not forget,God has become the new magic word under which every permissible bullshiit can be perpetrated in the disguise of 'calling n revelations'.

I stare at fanatical religious people and their antics most times and I wonder if I would ever lose the feeling of helplessness n sadness I feel at how utterly lost these niggas are. Worse still are the fanatical fires that burn in their eyes, totally convinced they are on the right path. Most times,they are tattered,battered n poorly fed and I wonder if they were born in countries like UAE or Saudi Arabia,USA where they have access to basic amenities and better exposure,they would stop shouting about 'suffering on Earth while storing treasures in heaven'. Why does religion seem to be an effective mind control/resource control/wealth redistribution tactic aimed at keeping the human masses compliant and blind to their true potential.

Then I ask myself, in 4018 AD,which God will humanity serve?? Since ancient times,there has always been gods and they always seem to die/faze out with the civilizations that worshipped them(Egyptians,Babylonians,Cushites,Amaleks,Hittites, Philistines,Greeks,Romans, Aztecs, Apaches,Commanches and various African tribes and so many more) and each God always claim to be the best,only to be replaced by another one much later. Every God always demanded worship,obedience and total subservience.

Now comes the question.....Are humans ever truly free??

While I don't doubt the supernatural from my experiences but even so or perhaps based on that,why do i get this feeling that humans are just created for entertainment,food/sustenance for a pack of ultra-developed beings who live on separate planes of existence/realities and we are never allowed to truly evolve to become something greater?

I think about these things and I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks like this? Are there others like me?? People whose goals in life is not just ONLY on money,fame,power, cars,pucci or some other shiiit?? People who know there is more to this universe but feel like part of them is locked somewhere but yearning to be free? Why do i feel the way I do about how the world really looks like, this feeling of knowing I'm meant to be more than just a mere human? This feeling of being trapped,looking at the stars,my true home!!!!

#musingsofanalien#

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

World Evangelism Confrence In London With Pastor Chris And Benny Hinn / Reverend Sister Breaks The Internet With Her “Marlian Dance” (Video) / Righteousness89 I Challenge You!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.