Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Yahoo Yahoo..a Blessing Or A Curse? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Yahoo..a Blessing Or A Curse? (873 Views)

Yahoo; A Victim Writes / “don’t Call ‘yahoo’ A Thief,” Singer Anointed Sings, During Performance In Benin / Yahoo-Yahoo Turns Diabolic: Yahoo Plus (Scary Photos Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Yahoo..a Blessing Or A Curse? by nashito(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2018
Good day nairalanders, I want us to fully digest this issue of yahoo yahoo thing that is on going, In my little time as a Nigerian from an average home, I've had my highs and lows, and I can categorically tell you that, it is not easy for an average Nigerian. As a result, most people on the street have resorted to yahoo yahoo as a way outta their mess. I'm not here to actually encourage it, because it is an evil that needs to stop and with the way the younger generations who are some times ill quipped are delving into it at an alarming rate. First of all, there are several formats used by several yahoo guys all across the world and in Nigeria in particular. Some do dating, which involves getting an older woman or man to love the particular person (A fake picture of a white man/woman) which the portray on the Internet to be. We also have others who do the real Yahoo known as wire wire or check and also credit cards, this are the guys we see driving all that big Benz, and all sorts of expensive shits. Most of them have little time for juju or rituals as we often perceive them, this is because, their bosses reside far away Canada, US or China and work with white hackers, who spam into big company accounts mail, gain access to their security codes and wire money to overseas accounts which most times are not traceable, and we also have pure ritualists, this people portray themselves as yahoo guys too, but in reality, they make their money through fetish means by mere hypnotize of their victims. All together, this a bad idea which MUST be stopped. But the essence of the post goes deeper than that. First and foremost, things are going from bad to worst in Nigeria, I don't know if it's just in my quarters, but a lot of guys who I know who graduated some few years back, are yet to secure a good job and it's crazy how on the street of Lagos, the only jobs available now are mere marketing jobs that hardly even pay your rents, let alone other myriads of expenses and responsibilities. Furthermore, there's is this issue of most people who are not from the not so wealthy homes to get loans and establish a standard business, plus other myriads of issues which the average youths are facing in Nigeria. Now that the federal Govt have decided to put an end to this evil trade called yahoo, my question is, have the been any measure taken by the Govt to at least create an avenue for this guy's to go into, more like an employment opportunities or a youth empowerment scheme that us reliable and free?
More so, all this monies that are to be recovered by this federal agencies, what exactly are they planning to do with it since it's an illicit fund and in most cases, the real owners of this monies are not even known, most of them have already moved on with their lives and forgotten it
My little opinion, for the younger ones who are even yet to finish their secondary school delving into this trade, Remember there is an end to everything, use your time wisely, either learn a trade or go to school now!!!
For the ones using juju, Karma is waiting for you. For the real ones who out of frustration decided to go into this evil trade quit now and invest!!!
Conclusively, In our bid to reconcile my point of view on this post, I want us to be very subjective without been biased and think deep before lamenting, lambasting or judging anyone out there, the street is strict, an average Nigerian is an epitome of suffering, pains and starvation. Tank you
#Still your boy Nash

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Yahoo..a Blessing Or A Curse? by galaxi(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2018
You nailed it!
Re: Yahoo Yahoo..a Blessing Or A Curse? by mathew247: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2018
A Blessing... and a curse.
Re: Yahoo Yahoo..a Blessing Or A Curse? by Mayorjay(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks bro i really learn from this

(1) (Reply)

Drug Addict Who Set Self Ablaze At Omole Estate, Finally Dies (Photo) / Nigerian Pastor Shot Dead In Port Harcourt, 2 Days To His Child Dedication (pic) / A Young Man Brutalized By A Military Officer For "Wasting His Time"(photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.