Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Are Police Stations Now Commercial Banks? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are Police Stations Now Commercial Banks? (337 Views)

#EndSARS: 17 Police Stations Burnt In Lagos – Police Spokesperson / Hoodlums Burn Two Police Stations In Ebonyi As Umahi Imposes 24-hour Curfew(pix) / 2 Police Stations Burnt In Lagos, 2 Killed, As Military Stops Attack On Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Police Stations Now Commercial Banks? by anikex(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2018
The first time I entered a police station, I read on the wall "Bail is free"...
I have also been seeing the same in films and news.
But what if I say that it's either the expression is wrong or Nigerian English is different from the western world's?
Some Nigerian police station's desk now looks like banks' own where deposits are being made.
When you go to police stations these days, you will see people paying bills in tears, people begging for reduction in the amount they pay... You see people using their hard earned money as bill for non tangible goods.
Now the question is.... "what are they selling there? "
The part of Nigeria where this lucrative business is most common is well known by you, dear reader...
This place is a place where police will arrest you without telling you what you did...
It is a place where young boys would be discussing in front of their house and some men in black would pack all of them inside their taxified van and take them to the station, Just for their relatives to come later and pay for their freedom.
This place is a place where officer kushkush would ask for your ID card and break it so that you don't have any prove again....
It is where you will find it difficult choosing who is holier between thieves and our men in black...
Then, it was, "whatever you say may be used against you in the court of law"....
Today, it is, "whatever you like, say it, you will still pay"
Nigeria was bad when they used to collect money only on the highways, but now that they also sit down in their office to get non withdrawable deposits, Nigeria is worst...
Well, Just like other people would opine, not all of them are bad, but until sanity is restored in this sector, we will always label them the same name...
Sorry to everyone who has fallen their victim for doing nothing wrong...
Any policeman who had cheated you or about to cheat you will, BY THE GRACE OF GOD, meet his bad luck soon.... Amen!
P. S. I have never had any personal case with them, but I hate the way innocent civilians are treated by some so called insecurity personnel.
Re: Are Police Stations Now Commercial Banks? by blackboy(m): 4:49pm On May 31, 2018
In this country things are happening. This is very true. DPO is making it big. Pray not to have problem to land you or yours in the police station.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Arresting Young Nigerian Men, Calling Them ‘yahoo Yahoo’ Boys' - Zonal PPRO / Driver, 40, Arrested For Killing Woman In Attempt To Rape Her / Police Nab 12 Suspected Notorious Cultists In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.