Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. (566 Views)

Customs Intercepts Ontisha Bound Truckload Of 200,000 Live Ammunition In Niger / 300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) / 17,000 Live Bombs Found In A House In Owerri - SunNewsOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by Easzy96(m): 5:58am On Jun 01, 2018
The security operatives yesterday morning intercepted 300 ,000 cartridges that were smuggled into Nigeria through the Benin Republic border . The cartridges were concealed in a false base of three heavy-duty trucks and had successfully gone past borders until they were intercepted at Igbogila -Ilara area of Ogun State .Although the drivers and crew members fled, upon closer inspection , the trucks were deemed empty until the security operatives unearthed the large cache of ammunition . When they opened the metal cover, hundreds of cartons of cartridges of the 12 - calibre were found concealed underneath.
Revelations have , however , emerged on how the unknown smugglers , allegedly aided by some policemen , tried to deceive security operatives to smuggle the three truckloads of arms and ammunition into the country , through the Ogun State land border .The smugglers had declared the trucks as empty with the aim of deceiving officials of the Nigerian Customs Service at Owode - Ilaro Road in Ogun , but the officers suspected foul play and played smart on the smugglers ’ team , which include some policemen in uniform.
The trucks were intercepted in Balogun village , near Egu
a in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun , by military officers attached to the 35 Artillery Brigade of 81 Division , Nigerian Army in Alamala , Abeokuta .Ogun State Area Command Public Relations Officer of Customs, Abdullahi Maiwada , who confirmed the incident to The Guardian yesterday, said the soldiers were

Source: https://9jalife.com.ng/army-customs-intercept-three-smuggled-in-trucks-with-300000-live-bullets-in-ogun/
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59am On Jun 01, 2018
OMG shocked
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by meezynetwork(m): 6:06am On Jun 01, 2018
Ok na
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by pyyxxaro: 6:14am On Jun 01, 2018
We all should be prepared

The days are evil
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by Easzy96(m): 6:17am On Jun 01, 2018
pyyxxaro:
We all should be prepared

The days are evil
this is a sign that 2019 is going to be very bloody.
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by hardywaltz(m): 6:18am On Jun 01, 2018
Who is preparing for war in this country

1 Like

Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by pyyxxaro: 6:20am On Jun 01, 2018
Easzy96:
this is a sign that 2019 is going to be very bloody.

Hmmmm

Sometimes I start wondering why someone would smuggle 300,000 cartridges

Naaa Vietnamese war there won fight embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by Easzy96(m): 6:22am On Jun 01, 2018
pyyxxaro:

Hmmmm

Sometimes I start wondering why someone would smuggle 300,000 cartridges

Naaa Vietnamese war there won fight embarassed
I tire ooo... may dey no reach my area... this one way they say nah Ogun State they catch them eh.
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by SOFTENGR: 6:36am On Jun 01, 2018
I hope war is not looming in this country.

Make I process Syria or Libya visa in case...
Re: Army, Customs Caught Three Smuggled In Trucks With 300,000 Live Bullets In Ogun. by Nbote(m): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2018
I remember wen d govt used to blame such on Igbos... Who's to blame for dis one now? It is still going to b released to its owners

(1) (Reply)

Weapon Behind The Back Of The Polish TVN Reporter In Senegal / Two African Sex Workers Arrested In Thailand (Photos) / Herbalist Rejects Runs Girl Brought For Rituals, Says She Has Already Been Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.