Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" (54402 Views)

Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Veetee(m): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Just imagine how this old man wants to destroy his career on the alter of sex...the flesh truly profiteth nothing
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Adukey(f): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
Shalomc:

Exposing him yesterday. Hmmm alhaja I hope no be say im done ..... you know??

Exposed who? Lol
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by frank41(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
See how a man with high profile(prof. Ex.V.c and one time commissione)has messed himself up.
Nemesis has caught up with him.

Weda jona swallowed the fish or the fish swallowed jona...all we know is that there was a swallow.

All this lecturers molesting students...

3 Likes

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by ijele(m): 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
The prof may have had a tear or zip malfuntion on his pants(trouser), and a male student/colleague is fixing it for him ,while he is chilling with a bottle of wine. Some cracks spied on him from a window or keyhole and took the pics, then came up with blackmail. Bingo! The story sticks... and the panel will believe that straight. All he has to do is get a witness to stick the story. That's the law for you...

In law, it is better for a guilty to get away than the innocent to be punished.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by ijele(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2018
aribisala0:

Do not get me wrong I understand the context of these things in Nigeria and I do not wish to vouch for this guy. In my heart I suspect him. But I am self aware enough to interrogate myself and mistrust my instincts.

Logically those pictures on their own prove nothing we need to hear and see a bit more especially from the accuser
oh sure am on the same page with you. Am looking at it from legal point of view and trying to balance the probabilities.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2018
Bull crap she will get justice in a thousand years from now.. Lolzz see palee dey rock with boxers & drink for one hand grin undergraduate girls should date a rugged & disciplined system guy or at least be close friends with the disciplined ones so that in times like these u will always enjoy the benefits grin cheesy No lecturer go dare intimidate u no matter what... Just focus on ur school work & the old goats will never be able to find any loop hole to enter.. Someone better pick up this free code for the new month cool
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by ijele(m): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
DEcclesia:
psychologically speaking this professor did this thing he is been accused of. looking at it critically you will understand that he is just applying defensive mechanisms, what is his nude pictures doing in the lost phone as he claim?
Define Nude? As far as am concern those pics are not nude pics
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Shalomc(f): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
Adukey:

Exposed who? Lol
We know. Both of us.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by dareoyin: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Free Mobile app training

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
The entire UNILAG establishment itself is a crap. Another pile of government wastage. Am sorry if this offends all UNILAG beneficiaries, teaching and non teaching staff, undergraduates and graduands
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by delishpot: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Following
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by ReachHard: 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2018
yeye man, see him tiny preek with pot belly

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
let me even call him...

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by lottomkyes200: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
this just reminded me of a dear friend how is in such predicament right now. she was to finish her study last year but got a spill when she meet the lecturer he said to her shey you said your legs will not open we will see. Now she has sat for the spill and don't know what to do because the man is hell bent he must sleep with her as a matter of fact that she have to go pay for a hotel buy food and call him. Hmmm I never have seen such evil.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by weezweezweez(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2018
damoskiy:
Ex-VC, UNILAG prof in sex scandal
Don: She’s a blackmailer, once demanded N400,000 from me
Varsity: We’ll probe allegation

A professor of English Studies in the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, and former Vice-Chancellor of Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, Ogun State, Olusegun Awonusi, has been accused of sexual harassment by an unnamed student of the institution.

The fresh allegation came a day after the Senate commenced probe into a similar allegation against a professor of Management and Accounting in the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Richard Akindele, who was accused of molestation by a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) student, Monica Osagie.

But Awonusi, a former Commissioner for Education in Ogun State, whose nude pictures allegedly taken by the victim while in his office had gone viral in the social media, has denied the allegation, describing it as a cheap blackmail.

This was as the university yesterday promised to investigate the matter in a fair and open manner. Meanwhile, the unnamed student, in her narration made available to a blog – Linda Ikeji Blog – said she had been suffering the harassment for months. She said: “Whenever students go to his office for anything he is always trying to touch you. I took pictures of him on one of the days I entered his office.

He has made molestation a part of him. I’m even scared for my life in UNILAG. That’s why I’m reaching out to you so he can be stopped. “He is a professor in the English Department, Faculty of Arts. I am not his first victim. He does this all the time to students.

I have completely given up when it comes to academics; he has failed me on tests before. When I talked to him concerning it, he told me I should know what to do and that I am an adult.

“I feel so dirty for even allowing such an old man touch me. But he doesn’t even care; as long as you satisfy his wants. I’m tired of everything. He should be stopped before he ruins the lives of other innocent girls in that English Department. When he touches me I am The school gate Aboderin always in tears, but it doesn’t stop him. Please this is why I am reaching out. All I want is for him to be stopped.

He is destroying the mental state of girls in UNILAG.” The student, who said the lecturers of the concerned department, act like cultists, explained that these lecturers share information about their ‘preys’ among themselves.

“They talk about the girls they have slept with and the ones they plan to sleep with. It has been going on for years,” she added. In an interview with New Telegraph, Awonusi, who was identified in the photographs accompanying the allegation, explained that the pictures revealed by the accuser had been taken about four years ago, and that the concerned student had graduated from the university about three years ago.

Awonusi said he lost his phone sometimes ago, and that the accuser, who he described as a blackmailer, might have secured the pictures from the lost phone. He said: “It is blackmail.

The said pictures were taken about four years ago but sometimes ago, I received a message from a particular lady, saying she was in possession of my nude photos and that I should pay her N400,000. “The lady said if I did not pay the money, she would go public with the photos. I think this is what she had promised.”

Meanwhile, the university, in a statement issued by the Communication Unit of the Corporate Affairs Directorate, acknowledged the news, but promised to conduct thorough investigation and get to the roots of the matter.

“The management has a zero tolerance for allegations pertaining to sexual impropriety, and has a well-established policy against such practices. “We wish to reassure all our stakeholders, students, parents, members of staff and the general public that management will not treat this matter with levity. Management will tackle the allegation with every sense of responsibility and seriousness that the matter deserves.

The issue would be thoroughly investigated with transparency,” the statement said. The university has, therefore, called for relevant information from members of the public, and particularly the concerned student, pledging confidentiality and protection of informants.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/06/ex-vc-unilag-prof-in-sex-scandal/
unilag, the professor, the lady, 3-4 years ago, the phone the office are all mad
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by OlaSpeaker(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
lottomkyes200:
this just reminded me of a dear friend how is in such predicament right now. she was to finish her study last year but got a spill when she meet the lecturer he said to her shey you said your legs will not open we will see. Now she has sat for the spill and don't know what to do because the man is hell bent he must sleep with her as a matter of fact that she have to go pay for a hotel buy food and call him. Hmmm I never have seen such evil.
Tell her to get a spy sun glasses or pen let her go to the lecturer in question she should be crafty enough to let the lecturer pour out his intentions.

These lecturers are not so smart getting them in the act is easy only if the victims will be bold and overcome fear
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
between two evil, there is a lesser evil. - Mahattama Ghandi. in this case; oga prof bleeping students is no lesser evil compared to the blackmail he claims.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by daveP(m): 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
aribisala0:

You are thinking this thing BACKWARDS

What do these pictures prove?

Do they prove he is gay?
Do they prove he is vegetarian
Do they prove he was having sex with Serena Williams

The issue is not whether the pictures are embarrassing but do they PROVE that he sexually harrassed anyone whether male or female
Do they prove whether he was having sex with a goat or dead body

Bottomline is they provenext to nothing

Why would a prof decide to get half-naked in his office at such a time of the day? don't bring the talk that he can as he likes. That's the office reputable person's in the field of academics do visit him ba? I'm still not totally sure if it's his office, but I'm basing my flow on it being his office!!

Not only was he half naked, but he was drunk. Shuu. Gross misconduct.

Then the status of the school precedes it.

All over naija, we know that girls are 99% of the students studying English. With the wayward lifestyles of most of these lecturers for 4years, how many konji no go catch? Even priest no fit apply for such a job.

Besides the point sha.

He never denied the pics, but hopped onto the blackmail wagon. How and Why?

This is Nigeria.

80%of lecturers are sexstarved goats.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2018
If he gets away with it, one way or another we will........
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by zoedew: 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2018
Question 1
Prof, do you confirm that the nudes and semi-nudes are photographic impressions of your person?

- Prof, it is fairly obvious and undeniable that the nudes and semi-nudes are photographic impressions of your person.

Question 2
Prof, can you confirm that the said pictures were taken in your office at Unilag?

-Prof, it is fairly obvious and undeniable that the pictures were taken in your Unilag office as the backdrop depicts so especially given the knowledge those who have been to your office have of what it looks like.

Question 3
Prof, who took those pictures of you in your office? Were they selfies? If they were, which phone did you use and when did you take the shots? Did you use a tripod stand in the selfie snap? If you did why did you snap semi-nude and nudes of yourself in your office? How appropriate do you consider that to be?

Question 4
Prof, you claimed the phone you used got stolen. When? Where? In what circumstances? Did you depose to an affidavit stating the loss? Did you make a report at the police station and obtained a Police Report of the loss? Did you recover the phone line from the network?

Question 5
Prof, you were quoted in the news saying that the student having once asked you n400,000,00 was out to blackmail you. That suggests you know the student who put the said pictures on the internet? Did you make a report of the blackmail to the police or University authorities knowing it is an offence? How was the blackmail communicated to you. What did you do about it? Would you prefer the University report the blackmail to the police so they can access the discussions between you and the blackmailer on phone if any? What level of relationship did you have with the student to warrant such temerity on her part? Don’t you consider such relationship inappropriate as between lecturer and student?

Question 6
Prof, do you have any question or comments?

Thank you for your time. You will receive further correspondence from the University.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Decency1984(m): 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Story for the gods. They must have something to say to defend themselves
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by aribisala0(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
daveP:

Why would a prof decide to get half-naked in his office at such a time of the day? don't bring the talk that he can as he likes. That's the office reputable person's in the field of academics do visit him ba? I'm still not totally sure if it's his office, but I'm basing my flow on it being his office!!

Not only was he half naked, but he was drunk. Shuu. Gross misconduct.

Then the status of the school precedes it.

All over naija, we know that girls are 99% of the students studying English. With the wayward lifestyles of most of these lecturers for 4years, how many konji no go catch? Even priest no fit apply for such a job.

Besides the point sha.

He never denied the pics, but hopped onto the blackmail wagon. How and Why?

This is Nigeria.

80%of lecturers are sexstarved goats.

We need to be clear what the terms of reference are.

Is it to investigate his manner of dressing?

If that is the case s there a set of rules governing this and what is the prescribed punishment? Or is it just based on visceral aversion?

Others may find it offensive that he or others like him watch the World Cup , listens to the Quran or Fuji Music eats amala with ewedu has a carving/scupture of a deity where he pours ogogoro daily etc in their office.

Being offensive does not constitute an offence.

The most I can see for the dressing is a "warning" and even that could be legally contested.

You say he was drunk. On the basis of a photograph? How can any rational human conclude inebriety from a photo. You do not understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty and of "proof"
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by concordetz: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
USEFUL ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT WEBSITES
Currently 274376478 books are available for free online on all subjects and every minute, around 50 new books are added to the database. . visit http://concordeducation..com
All downloads are free�
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by fabienjoe: 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
Skanas:
You guys are not asking the right questions....the thing is, why on earth will u appear nude in your office Whether the pictures were taken with your phone or the phone of the lady from 4yrs ago....are you suppose to be n.aked in your office? Oga professor, abeg find anoda lie joOooor

Being unclad in the office may be suspicious but how does that prove the lady's allegation? I don't see the nexus. The picture can only embarrass the professor and the university and nothing else. Not an offence in law but may attract some disciplinary procedures in the university. The lady needs a lot more to convince anyone, otherwise this could be a random picture she stumbled on and decided to blackmail the man with it...She may end up being prosecuted for blackmail.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by fabienjoe: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
aribisala0:
Law does not require accused to prove ANYTHING.

There is NO DUTY to prove anything.

Rather it is for those making allegations to prove that the photos are evidence oof wrongdoing.

He does not even have to explain the photos AT ALL .

There must be some more evidence hopefully

Nigerians need to move away from mob mentality and fully understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty

TELL THEM
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by nelxxy(m): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eeeya really

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by CioAngels(f): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
This exposures might just be the beginning of sanity in our schools. When a lecturer remembers disgrace he will teach rightly and leave the class then students will learn in fear believing they might fail if they don't study well enough to pass knowing that there are no lecturers anymore to ask for sex.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by maasoap(m): 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
Skanas:
You guys are not asking the right questions....the thing is, why on earth will u appear nude in your office Whether the pictures were taken with your phone or the phone of the lady from 4yrs ago....are you suppose to be n.aked in your office? Oga professor, abeg find anoda lie joOooor

And if his phone was used to take those pictures, who helped him take the pictures?

1 Like

Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Rhea(f): 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2018
damoskiy:
Ex-VC, UNILAG prof in sex scandal
Don: She’s a blackmailer, once demanded N400,000 from me
Varsity: We’ll probe allegation

A professor of English Studies in the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, and former Vice-Chancellor of Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, Ogun State, Olusegun Awonusi, has been accused of sexual harassment by an unnamed student of the institution.

The fresh allegation came a day after the Senate commenced probe into a similar allegation against a professor of Management and Accounting in the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Richard Akindele, who was accused of molestation by a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) student, Monica Osagie.

But Awonusi, a former Commissioner for Education in Ogun State, whose nude pictures allegedly taken by the victim while in his office had gone viral in the social media, has denied the allegation, describing it as a cheap blackmail.

This was as the university yesterday promised to investigate the matter in a fair and open manner. Meanwhile, the unnamed student, in her narration made available to a blog – Linda Ikeji Blog – said she had been suffering the harassment for months. She said: “Whenever students go to his office for anything he is always trying to touch you. I took pictures of him on one of the days I entered his office.

He has made molestation a part of him. I’m even scared for my life in UNILAG. That’s why I’m reaching out to you so he can be stopped. “He is a professor in the English Department, Faculty of Arts. I am not his first victim. He does this all the time to students.

I have completely given up when it comes to academics; he has failed me on tests before. When I talked to him concerning it, he told me I should know what to do and that I am an adult.

“I feel so dirty for even allowing such an old man touch me. But he doesn’t even care; as long as you satisfy his wants. I’m tired of everything. He should be stopped before he ruins the lives of other innocent girls in that English Department. When he touches me I am The school gate Aboderin always in tears, but it doesn’t stop him. Please this is why I am reaching out. All I want is for him to be stopped.

He is destroying the mental state of girls in UNILAG.” The student, who said the lecturers of the concerned department, act like cultists, explained that these lecturers share information about their ‘preys’ among themselves.

“They talk about the girls they have slept with and the ones they plan to sleep with. It has been going on for years,” she added. In an interview with New Telegraph, Awonusi, who was identified in the photographs accompanying the allegation, explained that the pictures revealed by the accuser had been taken about four years ago, and that the concerned student had graduated from the university about three years ago.

Awonusi said he lost his phone sometimes ago, and that the accuser, who he described as a blackmailer, might have secured the pictures from the lost phone. He said: “It is blackmail.

The said pictures were taken about four years ago but sometimes ago, I received a message from a particular lady, saying she was in possession of my nude photos and that I should pay her N400,000. “The lady said if I did not pay the money, she would go public with the photos. I think this is what she had promised.”

Meanwhile, the university, in a statement issued by the Communication Unit of the Corporate Affairs Directorate, acknowledged the news, but promised to conduct thorough investigation and get to the roots of the matter.

“The management has a zero tolerance for allegations pertaining to sexual impropriety, and has a well-established policy against such practices. “We wish to reassure all our stakeholders, students, parents, members of staff and the general public that management will not treat this matter with levity. Management will tackle the allegation with every sense of responsibility and seriousness that the matter deserves.

The issue would be thoroughly investigated with transparency,” the statement said. The university has, therefore, called for relevant information from members of the public, and particularly the concerned student, pledging confidentiality and protection of informants.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/06/ex-vc-unilag-prof-in-sex-scandal/

My phone was stolen, and that is why I am stack naked in my office with my pants down. If my phone was not stolen, I would not have been pants down in my office drinking ogogoro and alomo bitters.

Abeg hang this guy from his ba.lls
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
They should investigate properly and terminate all these unscrupulous professors. University administration in Nigeria is like a cult though, the girl was right in that observation she made. If not, other victims would be willing to come forward provided they are sure of getting a fair hearing.
Re: Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" by Naijasassy: 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
This lady may not get justice. The man in question is very influential and has a good legal team giving him the best advise to kill the case. He even has the guts to meet with the press. It's a dead case, simple.
you are right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos) / Solve This Maths And Win #200 Any Network Of Your Choice Credit Card / UNN Lecturer Teaches An Empty Class After Chasing Out All Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.