Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

2019: Why I Want Buhari’s Job - Garba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why I Want Buhari’s Job - Garba (346 Views)

2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari / 2019: Why PDP Wants To Boycott Elections – Oshiomhole / 2019: Why I Dumped PDP For LP – Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Why I Want Buhari’s Job - Garba by lekanolas: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2018
A 2019 presidential hopeful, Adamu Garba has promised to unify Nigeria beyond ethnicity and put the country on the path to progress if given the chance to lead the country.

He said under his watch as President of Nigeria, the country will reclaim its lost glory.

The presidential hopeful, who is the Chief Executive Officer of IPI Solutions Nigeria Limited, a leading cloud computing company, assured Nigerians that he will redeem the image of the country if voted into power.

The thirty-five-year-old Garba, who is aspiring to win the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) stated that he is confident he will defeat President Muhammadu Buhari at the party's primaries.

Garba spoke when he appeared as guest on Bounce News political show, 'Road To 2019.'

"Nigerians can trust me to do what I say. I follow through on what I start and I follow my conscience at all times.”

He noted that despite being endowed with great resources and potentials to succeed, one key factor that is still lacking, is having people who are ready to rise up to responsibility.

He said he is very optimistic about the future of Nigeria, “Nigeria hasn’t got a problem that Nigerians cannot fix.''

He enumerated his proposed programmes if elected.

He said he has identified a number of critical areas that need to be addressed urgently.

"Our roadmap is actually spelt out in security, power, infrastructure, anti-corruption, economy and restructuring and on top of that heath and education.''

His words: "Our manifesto will change the entire education system to skill-based knowledge and training systems. All subventions going to universities currently will be directed to primary education and our secondary schools.

"We will give reasonable autonomy to all universities and make them to generate their income to run programs. On healthcare, we will design a contributory system that will ensure health cover for all Nigerians irrespective of status or background.''

On his plan to tackle corruption headlong, the presidential hopeful said corruption is easy to fight – provided there is the political will to fight it.

He said rather than fight the menace, he would put policies in place to prevent it. He stated that his team has been moving from city to city to convince Nigerians that he can do a better job than the incumbent, President Buhari, if given the opportunity.

He stated that his government will be reflective of the gender, ethnic and religious diversity of Nigeria.

"I would prefer a female vice president. If you look at Nigeria’s demography, for everyone man there is 1.022 women so you can have balanced decision making because women contribute a lot to the economy.''

He dismissed the insinuation in some quarters that he is playing a political script and will soon drop his ambition. He described the allegation as baseless.
http://news.bounce.ng/Content/2019-why-i-want-buharis-job-garba-20180531

Re: 2019: Why I Want Buhari’s Job - Garba by subtlemee(f): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2018
Same old recycled lies....I wish to be colonized again
Re: 2019: Why I Want Buhari’s Job - Garba by yarimo(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2018
With the kinds of aspirants seeking to be president in 2019, I have nothing else to say Rather than. to congratulate president BUHARI in advance as president elect in 2019 presidential election

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sets Committee To Checkmate Northern Opposition / BREAKING! Justice Mustapha Akanbi Is Dead / Gallant Nigerian Soldier Killed In An Ambush While Fighting Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.