Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection (5084 Views)

Multilinks Balance Check / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. / How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by guruno1(m): 2:12pm On May 29, 2010
Over the few yrs, multilinks I guess has been one of the most favorable network to be used
as cybercafe means of connection cos of is fair stability,price and unlimited download features

Knowing this,

I am a hardware guy so to say( not really into networking)

Buying up a cybercafe in the next couple of days and need the kind assistance of the gurus in the house.

I know this will also be of help to may out there wanting to venture into what I have in mind.

==========

I need a breakdown of how to use multilinks connection for a cybercafe.

===========

Plan.

1. I (server)Pc + 15 (Client)desktop/laptop systems

2. Wireless connection for laptops within some meters range.

===========

I will really appreciate kind contribution to this thread.

Gurus/Guys/Gals that are using this can also share their good/bad experiences
with multilinks when it comes to using it for Cybercafe connection.

Thanks, Waiting House.
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by playsafe: 8:55pm On May 29, 2010
where is ur location? I could help you setup the cafe with wireless access for your customer.

If you need some cafe accessories let me know. I have a cafe up for sale.

Dan >>>>08036437075
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by guruno1(m): 9:25pm On May 29, 2010
playsafe:

where is your location? I could help you setup the cafe with wireless access for your customer.

If you need some cafe accessories let me know. I have a cafe up for sale.

Dan >>>>08036437075

Abuja

=====================

House still waiting for a reply wit respect to the topic

thanks
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by saddabm(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2010
I saw such a cafe in country mall shoppin plaza in kano state may be u can contact dem but i dont ve thier no. Tank u
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by guruno1(m): 6:12pm On May 30, 2010
Thank,

Need suggestions cos running out of time,

Some one in the house helppppp

tanks alot
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by asheggy: 1:14pm On May 31, 2010
all wat you nid to know is that if the multilink n/wk is in the location you want to setup the cafe.
if yes, then wat you will nid is the moderm and router.that is all.

thankx
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by guruno1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
asheggy:

all wat you nid to know is that if the multilink n/wk is in the location you want to setup the cafe.
if yes, then wat you will nid is the moderm and router.that is all.

thankx
Yeah modem, reuter

do I need a hub

I need somebody to help me with the layout.

it helps

thanks
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by kolnel: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
multi links is good, but not the best you can get, its only affordable, the best way to get it connected is using a router, but you can use wired connection too, thats what i use
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by guruno1(m): 12:48am On Jun 06, 2010
kolnel:

multi links is good, but not the best you can get, its only affordable, the best way to get it connected is using a router, but you can use wired connection too, thats what i use

Yeah

I just need a layout on how you did yours
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by Evans5050: 9:29am On Jun 07, 2010
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by PGON(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2010
You don't need an access point of some sort if you don't wanna do it in a big way. All you need is to set up and adhoc wireless connection.
Requirement for the adhoc (peer-to-peer) wireless cafe includes
computer permanently connected to internet via multilinks modem or what so ever your choice is. This computer acts as server for the internet. Although in an adhoc network no computer is seen as the server but you need this one.

Other computers around with wireless adapter will discover wifi signal around and prompt for connection.
connect them automatically, although for the internet connection to be established you need to manually set them up.

The only disadvantages of this type of cafe is that it allows only computers with wireless adapters to connect and each computers on the network needs to be manually configured.
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2011
18G EVERY MONTH/54G IN THREE IS UNSTOPABLE BY NOBODY!!!
ENJOY FULL DOWNLOAD,WATCH LIVE!!! EVENT AROUND THE WORLD
OPEN ALL TH SECURED SITE LIKE FOREX.GMAIL,YAHOO.HOMAIL
DOWNLOAD FULL MOVIE,MUSIC AND OTHERS
ADD ME ON FACEBOOK WITH
GEJ MGBENKA IFEANYI
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by lifestyle1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
IWP V3.2.1 is Slow i use v2 tongue
Re: How To Set Up Cybercafe With Multilinks Connection by bigfat05: 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
iwp 3.2.1 is slow when mtn is slow cheers

(1) (Reply)

Dell Laptop Service Center / Refurbished Laptops And Its Advantages / HP Probook 6550b (320/4gb, Corei5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.