Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The Not Too Young To Rule (my View) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Not Too Young To Rule (my View) (358 Views)

Meet The Young Nigerians Behind "Not Too Young To Run" Advocacy - Pictures / President Buhari Signing "Not Too Young To Run" Bill Into Law (Photos) / The Changes The “Not Too Young To Run” Act Will Bring To Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Not Too Young To Rule (my View) by Yawngdee(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
Not Too Young To Run
Celebration galore after the president passed the bill into law,Youth and advocate of the youth were happy after the president signed the bill. But the main question and my concern was after the president jokingly said we should not contest against him in the oncoming election in which I would say he is serious about it.
The signing of this bill is not a surprise for me because its all political propaganda so that we can believe that they have us in mind. The main question we should be asking is that will they allow us to Rule, no doubt another thing is to run and another thing is to Rule because the presence of primary election in our party system would make most youth not to run in the general election because our fathers are not ready to step down for us, as our president has said. The so called leaders in a state that are celebrating the new law has appointed a 74yr old man has is deputy governor, as we can see this is another game being played by the current government inorder for them to have our vote, I would not be surprised if they appoint a youth as the running mate(VP) for the president inorder to have our vote but that is also another step of awareness of what the youth can do. But what exactly can the vice prsident of a nation can do,all is achievement would be attributed to the President.
I am imploring the youth to make it possible for our fellow youth contesting for government offices most especially the topmost(seat of the president) by having the PVC, Protecting your Vote, making sure our voices are been heard by the current administration from the local government,State government and the federal government. We should not allow them to use us for political thuggery,and other frivolous pre election, election and post election activities. We should all be ambassador for free and fair election.

1 Share

Re: The Not Too Young To Rule (my View) by Yawngdee(m): 8:52am On Jun 02, 2018
Yawngdee:
Not Too Young To Run
Celebration galore after the president passed the bill into law,Youth and advocate of the youth were happy after the president signed the bill. But the main question and my concern was after the president jokingly said we should not contest against him in the oncoming election in which I would say he is serious about it.
The signing of this bill is not a surprise for me because its all political propaganda so that we can believe that they have us in mind. The main question we should be asking is that will they allow us to Rule, no doubt another thing is to run and another thing is to Rule because the presence of primary election in our party system would make most youth not to run in the general election because our fathers are not ready to step down for us, as our president has said. The so called leaders in a state that are celebrating the new law has appointed a 74yr old man has is deputy governor, as we can see this is another game being played by the current government inorder for them to have our vote, I would not be surprised if they appoint a youth as the running mate(VP) for the president inorder to have our vote but that is also another step of awareness of what the youth can do. But what exactly can the vice prsident of a nation can do,all is achievement would be attributed to the President.
I am imploring the youth to make it possible for our fellow youth contesting for government offices most especially the topmost(seat of the president) by having the PVC, Protecting your Vote, making sure our voices are been heard by the current administration from the local government,State government and the federal government. We should not allow them to use us for political thuggery,and other frivolous pre election, election and post election activities. We should all be ambassador for free and fair election.

(1) (Reply)

The Twist / Buhari And The JUNE 12 Saga - Reuben Abati / Declare ‘democracy Destruction Day’ To Mark Your Coup – Senator Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.