Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker (1075 Views)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today! / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Italy Names Squad For Nigeria Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker by hollandis(f): 8:44pm On May 29, 2010
He is miles ahead of Yakubu,Obafemi and Utaka in that position.He is the youngest and s full of energy.I have never seen an obafemi or yak dribble an opponent in their box b4 latching a shot,but what they cant do in ther 9 years playing for nigeria,Anichebe was able to do in one game.I'd go for Anichebe.He is a handful to opposing defenders.it is funny ,i never liked him before that match buthe has proved his mettle. cheesy grin wink
Re: After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker by medjai(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2010
I never liked him too and i'm still not convinced. He was brilliant in the game against Saudi but who knows if that wasnt just a flash in the pan. Remember Bart Ogbeche in the build up to the 2002 world cup where a bicycle kick endeared him to the heart of many soccer loving Nigerians but could not turn up at the worldcup. Only God knows where he is today.
Its too early to say Anichebe is eagles attack messiah. If he can be consistent with that sort of performance against Saudi or even better, then we can give him all the kudos. For now its way too early.
Re: After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker by 12large: 9:55pm On May 29, 2010
nigerians and their fickle fans. jsut one good game and anichebe is messiah. na so bicycle kick against paraguay take ogbeche go world cup. lets see if anichebe is consistent before we can say anything
Re: After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker by Iyineda(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2010
12large:

nigerians and their fickle fans. jsut one good game and anichebe is messiah. na so bicycle kick against paraguay take ogbeche go world cup. lets see if anichebe is consistent before we can say anything

12large:

haruna is too rough to be played as a central midfilder he is an attacking midfilder, my formation against argentina

enyeama,

odiah,    apam,    adeleye,    taiwo,

etuhu,    mikel,

osaze,        lukman,       obinna,

anichebe

[center][/center]
Re: After Watching The Saudi /nigeria Friendly,anichebe Seems To Be The Best Striker by 12large: 12:43am On May 30, 2010
iyeneda i never said i don't like anichebe but i said that we should not hype him too much. against argentina we would need someone to hold the ball but someone that can also move body, and yakubu is not an option for me so the next person that is big powerful and strong is anichebe. if martins,i uche wear tall i would have put them, but they are shot.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Corrupt Leagues In The World / Motocrossnaija - Bike Racing Comes To Nigeria! Watch Debut Tv Advert! / Juventus, Roma Battle For £15m Rated Mikel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.