Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) (114736 Views)

Nigeria Vs Portugal: International Friendly. (0 - 4) On 17th November 2022 / Nigeria Vs Mexico. International Friendly (0 - 4) On July 4th 2021 / Nigeria Vs Algeria: International Friendly (0 - 1) On 9th October 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by dabossman(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
A lot of people are writing the Eagles of not to make it out of the group. You lot obviously don't learn from history.

I said it before, I'll say it again. Never bet on the Eagles, never bet against them. They are very unpredictable.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Goke7: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
Andrez123:
I think u all are overreacting a lil bit, Nigeria is not the best team in Africa based on Fifa rankings, we used average players to qualify for the World cup from a difficult group so this raised expectations, after beating Argentina 4-2 and beating Poland 1-0, the nigerian optimism went through the roof.

Everyone should understand that, these are friendly matches, sometimes players don't give their all in these kind of matches so that they won't get injuries and miss the world cup, that being said, Nigeria doesn't have a brilliant team so shouldn't be expected to win these matches or any of their matches against Croatia, Iceland and Argentina because we are the worst team in the group. Germany the world champions haven't won any of their last 5 matches and they are not losing any sleep over it, why? Because it's friendly matches, it's meant for experimentation. I think Nigeria will play better in the world cup but still it might not be good enough to get them out of a difficult group, we should lower our expectations about this super eagles team and hope that we get lucky and get some winning shock results in the world cup in Russia.
You know how many times Germany has won the world cup? They are even defending champions so why will they loose sleep, for wetin?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
ScienceTv:
watch the highlights here-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZk8i7UG4Q
Wetin I wan take the highlight do? When I already know they lost to Czech.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by pedrilo: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
emelda86:
Pedrilo hope say u no dey bed today again, becos Nigeria don loose ooo.....hahahaha....
my dear, how u take dey predict my mood sef? dis pipo just break my hrt again oh. I was even playing to go to Balogun mkt on saturday to buy plenty super eagles jersey for myself, brodas, sisters, nieces and nephews but as e be now, na to bone super eagles abeg. dem dey make me sad too much.
but i dey office jare, i no dey house
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by lfleak: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
jfkenny:
which app
Moko live stream, download it on playstore..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by samplanner(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
i am just waiting for any stupid super eagle player that will make post on twitter or instagram with this shamble performance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Auladimeji(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nahum777:
What did we post abeg?
About their arrival at Russia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by biggieoflife: 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
dabossman:

You can only work on routines when you already know the basics. Go and check all the goals we've conceded at the World Cup since 94. At least 70-75% are from set pieces. There is a fundamental problem we have to address before we can even talk of utilizing different routines.

It's like trying to teach someone who doesn't know arithmetic calculus.

I know for a fact that even in the European academy system, there is more emphasis on teaching technique and tactical awareness than on stuff like defending set pieces. defending set pieces involve a certain level of responsibility that you can only get with maturity. each player gets an opponent for whom he is responsible for.

Sam Allardyce has been known to go into clubs that were leaking all kinds of goals and turn them into misers. One crucial thing he works on to achieve this is their organisation at set pieces.

I understand your point about our players lagging behind in terms of football education. But there are some things that can still be remedied even at this late stage...and one of them is set piece organisation.
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by okewumi: 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
This teeth nawa o

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Klington: 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
and they promised huhari that they will deliver the world cup to him,
Very good,
Atleast buhari will know how it feels to promise and fail
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by quickly: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
Andrez123:
I think u all are overreacting a lil bit, Nigeria is not the best team in Africa based on Fifa rankings, we used average players to qualify for the World cup from a difficult group so this raised expectations, after beating Argentina 4-2 and beating Poland 1-0, the nigerian optimism went through the roof.

Everyone should understand that, these are friendly matches, sometimes players don't give their all in these kind of matches so that they won't get injuries and miss the world cup, that being said, Nigeria doesn't have a brilliant team so shouldn't be expected to win these matches or any of their matches against Croatia, Iceland and Argentina because we are the worst team in the group. Germany the world champions haven't won any of their last 5 matches and they are not losing any sleep over it, why? Because it's friendly matches, it's meant for experimentation. I think Nigeria will play better in the world cup but still it might not be good enough to get them out of a difficult group, we should lower our expectations about this super eagles team and hope that we get lucky and get some winning shock results in the world cup in Russia.

Nigerian Optimisim even inspite of all the data.

Nigeria has 27% win rate at the world cup and this team lacks attacking options.

The defence will concede one or two goals at the most but can they score ?

Ighalo is a non scoring attacker, I would out simy ahead of him

------------------------Uzoho-----------------------
-------------- Ekong--------Leon--------------
-Ebuehi/Shehu--------------------------------------Idowu--
----------------Mikel--------------Ndidi-----------------
-------------------Iwobi-----------------Moses------------
------------Kelechi------------------Simy/ighalo------------------

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Gassa007: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
WizzPoll:
Victor Moses should do for us what he does for Chelsea, in a 3-5-2 formation he should play LWB!

Uzoho

Balogun Ekong Omeruo

Ebuehi Mikel Ndidi Etebo Moses

Musa Nwankwo

this 3-5-2 line up with moses as LWB is not bad either

Where you put Iwobi
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Klington: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
and they promised huhari that they will deliver the world cup to him,
Very good,
Atleast buhari will know how it feels to promise and fail

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by dabossman(m): 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
oshe11:
Sure its hard but not IMPOSSIBLE....

Thats my point

Yes, not impossible but the time is short. Not short for the coach to teach it, but short for the players to learn it. For it to become naturally instinctive to them. If you're on the pitch thinking "okay, what did the coach say we should do in this scenario," you're dead already.

I wish the Eagles all the best. They always have my support no matter what.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by RexTramadol1: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Won Ti ka banner super eagles sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
WizzPoll:

Mikel will not florish is their is no movement around him. Mikel is not a dribbler or Ball carrier, he is an excellent passer of the ball. for this reason we need all of Ebuehi Ndid, Etebo, Moses, Musa and Simy (who are all mobile players) around him for him to flourish. Iwobi is yet to mature and too predictable, we are placing too much hope on him at this time.

The bolded made me really laugh, you should be a comedian, unless by 'excellent passer', you mean sideways and back passes. Mikel is simply an auxiliary defender, who brings absolutely nothing to a team that need goals. All our so-called 'star players' are actually average players; Mikel, Iwobi, Ighalo, Moses. Ask any non-Nigerian Arsenal fan, and they'll tell you that Iwobi who is our biggest attraction is a bang average player. This is simply a case of 'in the land of the blind'. The only good player in that team is Ndidi. Even Moses who is the most humble 'squad player' in Chelsea is now forming star. Big man mentality and showboating will ruin this team

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Sheuns(m): 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
An adage says: Sunday wey go sweet na from Saturday we go know. Those of us still expecting these guys to go past the group stage can wait forever. Super Eagles won't go ja after the first two games.
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by jaxxy(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
cashful:
Iwobi should not be coming to pick ball from the defense, he is the best creative mind we ave and should be upfront.

If dat happens all the time there's a tactical problem with the team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by geezynoni: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
sisipelebe:
Wetin I wan take the highlight do? When I already know they lost to Czech.

U ft check the hairstyle wey mikel carry.
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Undilutedtruth: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
7Alexander:
The bolded made me really laugh, you should be a comedian, unless by 'excellent passer', you mean sideways and back passes. Mikel is simply an auxiliary defender, who brings absolutely nothing to a team that need goals. All our so-called 'star players' are actually average players; Mikel, Iwobi, Ighalo, Moses. Ask any non-Nigerian Arsenal fan, and they'll tell you that Iwobi who is our biggest attraction is a bang average player. This is simply a case of 'in the land of the blind'. The only good player in that team is Ndidi. Even Moses who is the most humble 'squad player' in Chelsea is now forming star. Big man mentality and showboating will ruin this team
lmao moses think he is messi or megastar,black men and pride.

why not just give it your best and let us be proud,they are forming shakara,i swear primary school boys in my area can play more than those overated team..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by dabossman(m): 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
Andrez123:

God bless you for this post. We Nigerians have this erroneous belief that we are a global football superpower. We are not. The world isn't expecting us to qualify from our group. The most we can expect is to spring a pleasant surprise. Nigerians need to lower their expectations and just give the team full support.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by emelda86(f): 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
pedrilo:
my dear, how u take dey predict my mood sef? dis pipo just break my hrt again oh. I was even playing to go to Balogun mkt on saturday to buy plenty super eagles jersey for myself, brodas, sisters, nieces and nephews but as e be now, na to bone super eagles abeg. dem dey make me sad too much.
but i dey office jare, i no dey house

OK ooo...they can fall hand sha....ordinary friendly if world cup come start wetin go come happen?
I no go go watch their match if world cup start becos I go get high bp before them play finish.
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Klington: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
and they promised buhari that they will deliver the world cup to him

very good

atleast buhari will know how it feels to promise and fail.

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by Barzinime(m): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
Adojutini!
debque:
FUNKE!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by pedrilo: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
emelda86:

OK ooo...they can fall hand sha....ordinary friendly if world cup come start wetin go come happen?
I no go go watch their match if world cup start becos I go get high bp before them play finish.
It's really sad sha.
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by dabossman(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Goke7:

You know how many times Germany has won the world cup? They are even defending champions so why will they loose sleep, for wetin?

In the same vein, Nigeria has never gone beyond 2nd round so why are people expecting so much and stressing themselves?
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by emelda86(f): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
pedrilo:
It's really sad sha.

Eya...kpele
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by foster911: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
This land is not for sale. Guys check my signature.
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by IAmAmbrose(m): 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
The only team this super Eagles team is better than is the super eagles them selves #Lobbish team
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by HAH: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
I honestly don't know why player like kelechi Nwakali, Chidiebere Nwakali, Musa Mohammed, and usman Mohammed of the super eagles so called team B that played against atheletico Madrid are not going to the world cup

I also wonder what the likes of onazi, Joel obi and echiejile going to do in Russia

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by pedrilo: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
emelda86:

Eya...kpele
thanks my comforter
Re: Nigeria Vs Czech Republic Friendly - 0 - 1 (Full -Time) by MusicSots: 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
If the coach could stick to the second half formation, we will compete well at the WC. The first half 4 3 3 isn't just working at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Man Strips Naked In Bet9ja Shop After Last Game Ruined 5.7Million Ticket (Video) / South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Portugal Vs Spain: World Cup 2018 - 3 - 3 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.