Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun (18698 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer / Photos From John Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by evanso6226(f): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that he will not be re-contesting the national chairmanship position in the forthcoming National Convention slated for June 23, in the party´s interest.

He stated this on Friday night in Abuja while speaking with newsmen, adding that his decision was taken after wide consultation with close political associates and family members and not because of intimidation.

However, he said that the tenure extension that was hitherto agreed by the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) suffered a set-back following President Muhammadu Buhari´s opposition.

According to him, the tenure extension would have helped to stabilise the party in the face of some of its challenges and may have prevented the crisis that followed its recent congresses in some states of the federation.

He said that some of the party leaders ought to have considered the tenure extension to be in the best interest of the party.

This, he said, would have ensured that the party go into the 2019 elections as a united fighting force, rather than one that was potentially weakened by internal conflicts arising from competitive congresses and convention.

Odigie Oyegun urged party leaders to close ranks and to make the party a strong fighting force ahead of the 2019 general elections.

´´Now that the Convention Committee has invited interested aspirants to obtain forms to contest various national positions in our party, it has become necessary for me to state my position.

´´I have consulted widely with my family, friends and associates, even though, I had the desire to re-contest as the national chairman of the party.

´´I have decided that it is ultimately in the best interest of the party for me to withdraw from the race, ´´ he said.

“I believe that the party faces difficult days ahead, and all critical stakeholders in its leadership would be required to bind together for a common purpose´´.

He advised that a less-contentious convention would be better for the party adding that he had always sought to be part of solving the party´s problems.

´´I do not intend to be part of the problem for APC to solve. It is for this reason that I hereby declare that I will not be seeking re-election as the national chairman.

´´However, I will continue to perform my functions as the national chairman of the party, till my tenure officially ends on Monday, June 25 when a new set of party executives will be inaugurated,´´ Odigie-Oyegun said.

Source: http://www.clintgist.com/why-i-withdrew-from-apc-chairmanship-race-odigie-oyegun-id8449671-html/

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by utytill(m): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
u sure say d never promise u NPA board chairman or Nigeria High Commission to UK or US ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Paperwhite(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
After your illegal tenure elongation plot hits the rock right The sequence of events just symbolizes the beginning of the end for the APC.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by ojun50(m): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
U leave buhari leave too don't worry yr self too much

4 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Emilokoiyawon: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
cheesy You for no withdraw. You for die there. Useless old fool. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Buhari2019: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Victory for internal democracy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by olaolulazio(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
nPDP loading....
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by 1dorzine(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
nice

Check my signature for sweet deals
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by obinnna10: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Bolusticus: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Baba,

You knew you were going to lose and be disgraced out of office,

Even those you pitched your tents with could not save you,

An umpire that was taking sides.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Bolusticus: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
yess
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by package7(m): 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
You probably bowl to the pressure. Anyway you try sha, because you are able to frustrate Okorocha.

John Oyegun sho mo age e?

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by ekems2017(f): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Apc and lies. Even you too?
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Smooyis(m): 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
Yes it's good like that. We need progress shocked
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
Shut up old man, we don't give a Bleep why you withdrew or not, you criminals deserve to die painfully having murdered so many innocent souls with your useless government.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by OttHin: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
I don't give a bleeb why you withdrew.
Meanwhile....I am happy the way the super eagles promise the president the world cup... Let him feel de pains of promise and fail small.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Nairalandmentor(m): 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
sad
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by OYAY(m): 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Before nko? You no wan wedraw? Try contest and see defeat!!!
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by obi4eze(m): 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who cares? All we know is that APC will be defeated next year.
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by ademoladeji(m): 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
John Ewu...

Mtschewwww

Difficult Years ahead not days
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Daniel058(m): 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
Politically Nigeria is DOJI state

#Pipshunter
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
Na una sabi
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by nabegibeg: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
evanso6226:
Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that he will not be re-contesting the national chairmanship position in the forthcoming National Convention slated for June 23, in the party´s interest.

He stated this on Friday night in Abuja while speaking with newsmen, adding that his decision was taken after wide consultation with close political associates and family members and not because of intimidation.

However, he said that the tenure extension that was hitherto agreed by the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) suffered a set-back following President Muhammadu Buhari´s opposition.

According to him, the tenure extension would have helped to stabilise the party in the face of some of its challenges and may have prevented the crisis that followed its recent congresses in some states of the federation.

He said that some of the party leaders ought to have considered the tenure extension to be in the best interest of the party.

This, he said, would have ensured that the party go into the 2019 elections as a united fighting force, rather than one that was potentially weakened by internal conflicts arising from competitive congresses and convention.

Odigie Oyegun urged party leaders to close ranks and to make the party a strong fighting force ahead of the 2019 general elections.

´´Now that the Convention Committee has invited interested aspirants to obtain forms to contest various national positions in our party, it has become necessary for me to state my position.

´´I have consulted widely with my family, friends and associates, even though, I had the desire to re-contest as the national chairman of the party.

´´I have decided that it is ultimately in the best interest of the party for me to withdraw from the race, ´´ he said.

“I believe that the party faces difficult days ahead, and all critical stakeholders in its leadership would be required to bind together for a common purpose´´.

He advised that a less-contentious convention would be better for the party adding that he had always sought to be part of solving the party´s problems.

´´I do not intend to be part of the problem for APC to solve. It is for this reason that I hereby declare that I will not be seeking re-election as the national chairman.

´´However, I will continue to perform my functions as the national chairman of the party, till my tenure officially ends on Monday, June 25 when a new set of party executives will be inaugurated,´´ Odigie-Oyegun said.

Source: http://www.clintgist.com/why-i-withdrew-from-apc-chairmanship-race-odigie-oyegun-id8449671-html/

The gentleness of a lion doesn't make it a weak

The Lion of Bourdillon wins

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by afamsco: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
you don't want to be part of their problems..... �
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Oluwatobex(m): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
Politicians go dey use words like mumu....´I have decided that it is ultimately in the best interest of the party for me to withdraw from the race, ´´
That means you never represented the interest of the party; in fact your membership is a burden to the party. Anyway, #Sowore_4_President
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by surgical: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
nabegibeg:

The gentleness of a lion doesn't make it a weak

The Lion of Bourdillon wins
you think so for match way never reach second half. if I were you I will be watching with keen interest ,the days ahead will be very interesting.
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Kingspin(m): 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nigeria politicians knows how to talk nonsense not even lying.
Re: Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun by Chigeorge2015(m): 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
OttHin:
I don't give a bleeb why you withdrew.
Meanwhile....I am happy the way the super eagles promise the president the world cup... Let him feel de pains of promise and fail small.
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Abiodun Over The Death Of His Father / Birthday Party Of Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha (Photos) / Wike Cheers Rivers United To Victory During CAF Champion League Game (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.