Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia (5799 Views)

CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / Discover How Insurtech Is Changing The Insurance Industry / BUA Lies On Claims To Mines Ownership - Dangote Releases Official Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by ogmask: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2018
Damminglola:
With First Bank of Nigeria Insurance Company, you’re more than secured.

Yea you are right. Pple tend to trust the insurance companies affiliated to banks more but, truth is the stand alone insurance companies do better and sometimes are stronger. Leadway for instance have a large chunk of shares in first back. So you can imagine how strong they are. I did not know this untill recently when my wife started working with them. Infant most of the things I know now came to my knowledge only recently when she started working with them. She did lots of research before and after she joined leadway. There are others just like leadway out there too.

1 Like

Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by BlueRayDick: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2018
Appliedmaths:

Some people need to learn the hard way before they appreciate the role of brokers. I hear bankers complain about their work hours and I laugh, with less than 5 months bring an insurance broker the diff is clear like 7 up.

grin grin
Bankers just dey form activities now. Some brokers even work on Saturdays even when they close around 9pm on friday
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by BlueRayDick: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2018
ogmask:

Yea you are right. Pple tend to trust the insurance companies affiliated to banks more but, truth is the stand alone insurance companies do better and sometimes are stronger. Leadway for instance have a large chunk of shares in first back. So you can imagine how strong they are. I did not know this untill recently when my wife started working with them. Infant most of the things I know now came to my knowledge only recently when she started working with them. She did lots of research before and after she joined leadway. There are others just like leadway out there too.

Leadway is the biggest insurance company in Nigeria in terms of market share, profit they make yearly and tons of investment they have scattered all over the country. And yes, they have a sit on the board of First Bank

1 Like

Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Appliedmaths(m): 10:13am On Jun 03, 2018
namdo:
ok explain to me why I need a middle man at this age of development if the insurance companies do what they ought.

Just like stock brokers or forex brokers, insurance brokers are here to provide advisory (and other roles) to its clients which includes the insured, the cedant and the reinsurer.

We are abreast with the market and we know who is who regarding certain policies, we know who would provide our clients the best rate and who provide the best claims payment. We arrive at this conclusion with series of data gathered overview years.

Technically after accepting to provide you with an insurance cover, depending on the nature of the risk involved the insurance company which we call the cedant writes to we the brokers seeking a second market to share part of the accepted risk with who we call the reinsurer.

Let me not bore you, long and short is most insurance companies are in the habit of eating their cakes and having it back and if not for NAICOM we would have been singing a different sad song.

You want effectiveness on your policy and claims go through the brokers, even if you don't the business still come back to us but before your policy holder would write us about your claim it usually comes in weeks or months after date of loss and while we speeding process for payment tops 48 hours and write back to your policy holder you're there waiting and getting vexed.

So you see why we make things easier and are highly recommended.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Appliedmaths(m): 10:15am On Jun 03, 2018
BlueRayDick:

grin grin
Bankers just dey form activities now. Some brokers even work on Saturdays even when they close around 9pm on friday

I need an award for sleeping tactics in buses and cabs, of you see the way I dey sleep inside public or private transport eh' I don't miss opportunity to sleep my guy grin

The job is stressful man, but it's fun attending to all tasks and making the insured satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Appliedmaths(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2018
ogmask:

In saner climes the insurance companies own the banks. Nigeria are getting there, go through your broker to get the best deals. FBNI may offer you a rate on a particular policy that may be 0.95% cheaper than that of lead way it's not necessarily about their market shares but we gotta appreciate these guys.

1 Like

Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by mystifyer: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2018
I'm an insurance broker. Contact me.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Orpe7(m): 11:19am On Jun 03, 2018
Most people who complain about they have bad experiences about the insurance of today are people who actually didnt understand the concept of the insurance they picked or individuals who weren't serious with their premiums hence the laspse in their policy and when the enventuality happened, they expect the insurance company to do their own part of the deal
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Orpe7(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2018
If you are looking for an insurnace company to get a life insurance, look no further, walk into any ARM LIFE PLC office or contact me to get it done.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by obembet(f): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
Interesting
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Abti: 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2018
ogmask:
I have been dealing with insurance firms for more than 13yrs now. I have done business with AIICO, CORNERSTONE and now Leadway. Truth is these companies are strong and healthy.
Insurance is not about claims and damages alone as some pple would want to believe. You can save your money to accrue interests like the banks.
Most pple do not even know that they are covered when they are involved in an accident even with a N5000 third party insurance cover. Yes, you can contact your insurance company and they will repair the other persons vehicle (that's why it's called third party. The other person is a third party between you and your insurance company) if you are at fault and vise versa.
There are many kinds of cover for vehicles. Some as cheap as N10,000 yet you get a cover of upto N200,000 for your car and N1,000,000 for the other car.
The problem is lack of knowledge and public perception. I think the insurance companies should do more to inform the public about their activities.
There are some not too healthy insurance company too just like banks but, the govt has taking that into consideration thru NIA (in form of claims, life, savings etc) and PENCOM (in form of programmed withdrawal and annuity).
ogmask:
I have been dealing with insurance firms for more than 13yrs now. I have done business with AIICO, CORNERSTONE and now Leadway. Truth is these companies are strong and healthy.
Insurance is not about claims and damages alone as some pple would want to believe. You can save your money to accrue interests like the banks.
Most pple do not even know that they are covered when they are involved in an accident even with a N5000 third party insurance cover. Yes, you can contact your insurance company and they will repair the other persons vehicle (that's why it's called third party. The other person is a third party between you and your insurance company) if you are at fault and vise versa.
There are many kinds of cover for vehicles. Some as cheap as N10,000 yet you get a cover of upto N200,000 for your car and N1,000,000 for the other car.
The problem is lack of knowledge and public perception. I think the insurance companies should do more to inform the public about their activities.
There are some not too healthy insurance company too just like banks but, the govt has taking that into consideration thru NIA (in form of claims, life, savings etc) and PENCOM (in form of programmed withdrawal and annuity).

Please come back to Cornerstone o.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Papertrail11(m): 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
how much is the regular joe making out there ,that somebody somewhere would mandate you to pay insurance

African business men have always been risk takers even the lives of Nigerians are nof insured by the Govt so wtf
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by sprints1: 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
bennymark:
Please how many Nigerians dey use insurance? Insurance is a dead business in Naija
u can't tell that to
AIICO
Leadway Assurance
AXA Mansard
Cornerstone
Crusaders ETC
Guy Insurance they work like hell...had the chance to work as sales rep in one of these companies but decided to turn down the offer later...it works like anything some of them even have like 30 branches in the whole of Lagos...bro money dey there but I niggas still dey scam dem...if u know u know
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by bennymark(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
sprints1:
u can tell that to
AIICO
Leadway Assurance
AXA Mansard
Cornerstone
Crusaders ETC
Guy Insurance they work like hell...had the chance to work as sales rep in one of these companies but decided to turn down the offer later...it works like anything some of them even have like 30 branches in the whole of Lagos...bro money dey there but I niggas still dey scam dem...if u know u know

LMAO Naija and scam sha
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by rigarmortis: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
Contact me if you have genuine insurance and the company refuses to pay you. Also contact me if.you need advice on genuine insurance.

Insurance pays, they have no choice nowadays.

Trust me
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by rigarmortis: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
Papertrail11:
how much is the regular joe making out there ,that somebody somewhere would mandate you to pay insurance

African business men have always been risk takers even the lives of Nigerians are nof insured by the Govt so wtf

Some insurance are compulsory for the regular Joe, because if the regular Joe hits another regular Joe, abeg sir will not repair the vehicle or pay for burial if it's results on death of the person hit, or repair another person's fence you destroyed.

You get?

Not all are compulsory, but some are, so that you won't cause problems for another regular Joe
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by sprints1: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
ogmask:
the truth most people are aware but to fork out money for premium is their problem some are even religious fanatics they will tell u God' is their protector or even if discuss to them abt life insurance they will tell u God forbid am not going to die or even curse u that u are the one that will die well some companies even automatically insure their staffs...insurance is very good but the country is in a mess some people's salary are nothing to write home abt then u talk of insurance while some people have been victims of liquidated insurance companies
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by ogmask: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
Abti:

Please come back to Cornerstone o.

My dear,
I just needed to lend my voice here.
So many strong insurance companies around.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2018
bennymark:
Well, maybe I should make myself clearer, I bought shares in lasaco insurance since 2008, the thing almost dey the same till now. Very slow growth in the industry

There is different between shares and insurance policies.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by bennymark(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
If. The company is growing with its policies, it should reflect in the value of the shares of such company. The growth should be evident in all ramifications

INTEGRITYA1:

There is different between shares and insurance policies.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
bennymark:
If. The company is growing with its policies, it should reflect in the value of the shares of such company. The growth should be evident in all ramifications

You're correct Sir, I really understand your point. But what I'm saying here is buying stock (shares) and insurance policies, features and benefits are not the same.

Like with insurance you can do personal commitment savings toward tangible projects for future purposes. Like saving towards buying car, building house or invest in a business. Such policies will help you to channel your hard earned income towards your future and will prevent excessive spending.
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by BidoB: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2018
When igi insurance no pay me my claim since January 2018 I even complain to naicom and till now nothing has been done. Please stop spreading false news that insurance companies pay claims. Naicom is so ineffective �
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by baugustine(f): 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
Let a professional handle your insurance matters........
CALL OR WHATSAPP ME NO
AUGUSTINE BLESSING CHINEDU
Consolidated Hallmark
insurance PLC
we reduce your *stress*
*_consolidatedhallmark.com_
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Renikay: 9:51am On Jan 04, 2019
Have u been paid now? I am in the same situation with Igi not paying my claim since july 2018 and i dont know what next to do.
BidoB:
When igi insurance no pay me my claim since January 2018 I even complain to naicom and till now nothing has been done. Please stop spreading false news that insurance companies pay claims. Naicom is so ineffective �
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by BlueRayDick: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2019
Renikay:
Have u been paid now? I am in the same situation with Igi not paying my claim since july 2018 and i dont know what next to do.

What has been their excuse? What class of insurance policy do you have with them? Have you completed all the necessary documentation they asked for ?
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Renikay: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
Dividend plus plan. I submitted all that is requred and signed all that was required. Initially, they said 90 days and then after 90days, it was we are working on it. That by december. Its january, nobody is even picking my calls,
So no update.
BlueRayDick:

What has been their excuse? What class of insurance policy do you have with them? Have you completed all the necessary documentation they asked for ?
Re: Insurance Industry Improves On Claims Payment – Nia by Ukprosper: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2020
Here is a complete list of insurance companies in Nigeria and their coverage.
Top among the list are AIICO, Leadway, AXA Mansard, Custodian and Allied, Cornerstone, etc

Complete List of Insurance Companies in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Crowdsurf Account Needed / Who Owns Next Cash N Carry Nigeria's Biggest Mall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.