Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion (1502 Views)

APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay / Why Nigeria Still Needs Buhari – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by Hyinkar97(m): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
Forget OBJ, forget Tinubu, forget GEJ, forget PMB...Before Nigeria can be a better place for all, everyone has to stop being hypocritical.

It’s no news, that OBJ looted Nigeria dry, that Tinubu continues to loot Lagos state, that GEJ was called an ineffectual buffoon who said “stealing of public funds isn’t corruption” or that PMB is incompetent as the president of Nigeria. These men and many likes of them have immensely contributed to the plunging of this country into a detrimental situation. We keep wallowing in the aqua of sufferness.

But one thing I have come to realize about Nigerians is that we are all hypocrites. I strongly condemn Buhari but I tell you, if that old “certificateless” nepotistic man decides that my Dad/Mum or even me should come assume the position of Minister of Solid Minerals Development tomorrow, my judgement about him would change. To me, he would be the best president Nigeria has ever had. Why? Because I would be directly enjoying the government - by hook or by crook. I would no longer care if he uses NEPA bill as certificate. I would no longer mind if Fulani herdsmen kill 10 thousands in Benue. All I would care about is my “pocket” and how I would turn my 1 billion naira to 10 billion naira. My 100 billion naira to 10 billion dollars. As long as the government is in my favor, I would no longer lament about the rising price of petroleum nor would I join the #EndSars campaign.

This is the same mindset of every Nigerian and it’s a bitter and painful truth. Once we’re benefiting from a particular thing, it would be difficult for us to say the truth. We’d all put on the “I don’t care” attitude.

Unless we start thinking about the welfare others who might not even know us, unless we start doing what’s right (from family level to society level), unless we start standing for the truth...I don’t see Nigeria moving forward.

My honest opinion

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hmmn. Iwo wii
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by HiddenShadow: 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
One of the reasons why Nigeria will never prosper is because there are some ethnic groups that have strong passion to lead but lack the intellectual capacity to lead.

Those ethnic groups have being in the helms of affairs for so long making Nigeria unable to progress.

Except the SE/SS people lead, Nigeria will forever be backward.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
I came to that conclusion and I am ashamed to say the once patriotic me, is already planning to liquidate and automate my investments and go buy myself a nice home in Europe if Buhari wins again.

I have no one to blame if my patriotism keeps me running diesel engines at not less than 300,000 per month. I am so scared that no matter how many billions you make, the fact that you have to plan to stuck up on diesel keep the unfriendly climate cool to stay in, and the fact that one has to always keep Policemen at the Gates to feel safe is no longer what I wish to do at this stage in my life.

I must begin to seek a place one can live quietly and feel safe. Nigeria is no longer that place. The noise of generators alone makes one sleepless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by meobizy(f): 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
Solid facts stated. Solid facts. Here in the politics section there are a lot of posters whose mindset about the government changes like British weather.

I remember when I first came across this forum, there was a poster who was all praises for the past government. It was obvious he got a paid job promoting it to his ability. Three years later the present administration to him is the worst curse anyone could swear on the country. I doubt he still lives in the country. I can't blame him, money is no longer going into his account.

At realizations of this sort I thank God I'm politically neutral. I know the people who rule us are thieves and the next set are probably the same. If guaranteed a chance to live outside the country I will take it and not bother to check up on Nigeria's political climate -- I'll only miss the fun aspects spent with friends and family.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by kingzizzy: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nigeria is not workable, the aspirations of the Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani are very different.

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
HiddenShadow:
One of the reasons why Nigeria will never prosper is because there are some ethnic groups that have strong passion to lead but lack the intellectual capacity to lead.

Those ethnic groups have being in the helms of affairs for so long making Nigeria unable to progress.

What did Nnadi Azikwe do when he was president for 6 years?
What did Jonathan do when he ruled for 5 years?

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2018
kingzizzy:
Nigeria is not workable, the aspirations of the Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani are very different.
I concur

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hyinkar97:
Forget OBJ, forget Tinubu, forget GEJ, forget PMB...Before Nigeria can be a better place for all, everyone has to stop being hypocritical.

It’s no news, that OBJ looted Nigeria dry, that Tinubu continues to loot Lagos state, that GEJ was called an ineffectual buffoon who said “stealing of public funds isn’t corruption” or that PMB is incompetent as the president of Nigeria. These men and many likes of them have immensely contributed to the plunging of this country into a detrimental situation. We keep wallowing in the aqua of sufferness.

But one thing I have come to realize about Nigerians is that we are all hypocrites. I strongly condemn Buhari but I tell you, if that old “certificateless” nepotistic man decides that my Dad/Mum or even me should come assume the position of Minister of Solid Minerals Development tomorrow, my judgement about him would change. To me, he would be the best president Nigeria has ever had. Why? Because I would be directly enjoying the government - by hook or by crook. I would no longer care if he uses NEPA bill as certificate. I would no longer mind if Fulani herdsmen kill 10 thousands in Benue. All I would care about is my “pocket” and how I would turn my 1 billion naira to 10 billion naira. My 100 billion naira to 10 billion dollars. As long as the government is in my favor, I would no longer lament about the rising price of petroleum nor would I join the #EndSars campaign.

This is the same mindset of every Nigerian and it’s a bitter and painful truth. Once we’re benefiting from a particular thing, it would be difficult for us to say the truth. We’d all put on the “I don’t care” attitude.

Unless we start thinking about the welfare others who might not even know us, unless we start doing what’s right (from family level to society level), unless we start standing for the truth...I don’t see Nigeria moving forward.

My honest opinion

I partially agree with you but Nigeria's problem is more complex. Our ethnic difference is the reason why we are and will continue to be in this mess. As a Yoruba man, I don't see why I should be in the same country with Hausas and Ibos when I can rule peacefully and do better on my own.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by Pigsandidiots: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
[s]
HiddenShadow:

[/s]Trash, Ekweremadu is from east and he was vice president, what change did he bring? Ken nnamadi was senate president for 8 years, what positive things did he bring? Jonathan is from ss, how has he moved the country forward. I did not hate Jonathan, but I hate stupidity of most of you igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by Hyinkar97(m): 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

I partially agree with you but Nigeria's problem is more complex. Our ethnic difference is the reason why we are and will continue to be in this mess. As a Yoruba man, I don't see why I should be in the same country with Hausas and Ibos when I can rule peacefully and do better on my own.
Still buttresses the point. Why can’t you live peacefully with the Hausas and igbos and think of how to do better as a whole?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by Hyinkar97(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
Ethnic and tribal differences are problems too. Why do we fight for Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa presidency when we all call ourselves Nigerians?

Still, if an Igbo man benefits from a Yoruba presidency, he wouldn’t clamor for Igbo presidency and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hyinkar97:

Still buttresses the point. Why can’t you live peacefully with the Hausas and igbos and think of how to do better as a whole?
Your question is like asking why the Greeks and Turks can't live together. Or why the germans and Italians, the Norwegians and Swedes, Japanese and Koreans can't live together.
We just can't live together. It is high time accept this reality. This is what some people refused to accept 60 years ago. Tribalism has been in Nigeria since the day Nigeria was created. Even Awolowo called Nigeria a 'geographic expression'. Nigeria was created by the British. Do you how much it takes for an ethnic group to be formed? It takes thousands of years. Nobody knows how language came to be.
Why should want to keep deceiving myself that we are united even though I know we are not? Am I not puting my children and grandchildren at risk? I want a seperate Yoruba country where I won't hear of tribalism, marginalisation, ethnic killings and hate anymore.
Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by HiddenShadow: 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Your question is like asking why the Greeks and Turks can't live together. Or why the germans and Italians, the Norwegians and Swedes, Japanese and Koreans can't live together.
We just can't live together. It is high time accept this reality. This is what some people refused to accept 60 years ago. Tribalism has been in Nigeria since the day Nigeria was created. Even Awolowo called Nigeria a 'geographic expression'. Nigeria was created by the British. Do you how much it takes for an ethnic group to be formed? It takes thousands of years. Nobody knows how language came to be.
Why should want to keep deceiving myself that we are united even though I know we are not? Am I not puting my children and grandchildren at risk? I want a seperate Yoruba country where I won't hear of tribalism, marginalisation, ethnic killings and hate anymore.
Thanks

Yet you oppose Biafra

Who are you deceiving

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
HiddenShadow:

Yet you oppose Biafra

Who are you deceiving
If not because of the mod, I would given you the insult of your life. Prove it that I oppose Biafra. I just told you today that majority of Yorubas are not against Biafra. All the governor are against Biafra and you are concerning yourselves about Yoruba people. Go and meet the Northerners and the useless things you call leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by trapQ: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
Didn't Igbos say they wanted to leave the country in '66? And what did y'all do? Kill them? Are you just realizing now that we are not one in Nigeria? Pls enjoy the status quo.
oooduancalmdown:

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by VanBommel(m): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
HiddenShadow:

which ss? Is jonathan not an ss man?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by luvmijeje(f): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
God bless you OP. You've said nothing but the truth. When people get close to the seat of power, they will turn to something else. The truth that has two colors will have more than 100 colors when they get to that seat. I hail Polictians.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
trapQ:
Didn't Igbos say they wanted to leave the country in '66? And what did y'all do? Kill them? Are you just realizing now that we are not one in Nigeria? Pls enjoy the status quo.
See flat-head brain. If it was a Yoruba person that wrote the nonsense you wrote, you would have called him a unity begger. But if a Yoruba had said he support Biafra, you will still look for excuse. What do you ibos want? Or are you telling me your agitation is a reaction to 2015 election which you lost woefully which has made you flat-head losers bitter?
Anyways I was not born when they 'stopped' you from leaving.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
luvmijeje:
God bless you OP. You've said nothing but the truth. When people get close to the seat of power, they will turn to something else. The truth that has two colors will have more than 100 colors when they get to that seat. I hail Polictians.
The question is why do they change when they are given the power? That is the question every Niger-Arean should try to answer
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
VanBommel:
which ss? Is jonathan not an ss man?
Don't mind that cunning ibo man
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by luvmijeje(f): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

The question is why do they change when they are given the power? That is the question every Niger-Arean should try to answer

Personally, I think it's lack of integrity or what do you think?
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by tuoyoojo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
the leaders we have is a reflection of the followers

once a person from a humble background assumes leadership role for example a local government chairman. you would see the sudden transformation in his wealth

if one occupies the seat of power and refuses to steal, it is still people around him that would call him names

corruption has been deeply enshrined and highly celebrated in this country, just bring in d money, we do not care how it was made

tribalism is our major undoing, however it can be changed if the political will is there

if a new breed of politicians would come and make an example of others, arrest and prosecute the "self acclaimed untouchable ",make an example of a few across all tribes and religion and see how law abiding we can be as Nigerians

our bane has been enforcement of laws and punishment for wrong doing

look back when buhari came into power, people became afraid of wrong doing because of the fear of being prosecuted but when the noticed he was selective in his fight against corruption, the body odour..... emm I mean body language completely lost its touch
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by oooduancalmdown: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2018
luvmijeje:

Personally, I think it's lack of integrity or what do you think?
I believe we are not patriotic but we love deceiving ourselves. We are tribalistic and not patriotic. Look at it in this way.
Because I am not patriotic, I will see no reason why I should not steal what should benefit the country. And because the country rotates around tribe, I can use it to get support from my people( tribesmen). This is how your leaders think.
The fact here is that no leader can kill corruption. Only a working system created by willing( patriotic) citizens will drive out corruption. The way Yoruba people will tackle corruption in Oodua republic will be different from how they will in Nigerian. No leader will use ethnicity to split us - since we come from same ethnicity. Botswana is the least corrupt African country for a reason. Japan, korea, and a lot of European countries have excelled in this for a reason.
This is why I support Nigeria to be split because a country with corruption can never progress.Buhari can stop corruption because the man himself is corrupt. He refused to declare his assets. Do you think it is normal that Yoruba, Ibos, and Hausas are fighting to rule the country? Does that look like a serious country? No sister mi, it is not. Nigeria will not improve in the next 200 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by luvmijeje(f): 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

I believe we are not patriotic but we love deceiving ourselves. We are tribalistic and not patriotic. Look at it in this way.
Because I am not patriotic, I will see no reason why I should not steal what should benefit the country. And because the country rotates around tribe, I can use it to get support from my people( tribesmen). This is how your leaders think.
The fact here is that no leader can kill corruption. Only a working system created by willing( patriotic) citizens will drive out corruption. The way Yoruba people will tackle corruption in Oodua republic will be different from how they will in Nigerian. No leader will use ethnicity to split us - since we come from same ethnicity. Botswana is the least corrupt African country for a reason. Japan, korea, and a lot of European countries have excelled in this for a reason.
This is why I support Nigeria to be split because a country with corruption can never progress.Buhari can stop corruption because the man himself is corrupt. He refused to declare his assets. Do you think it is normal that Yoruba, Ibos, and Hausas are fighting to rule the country? Does that look like a serious country? No sister mi, it is not. Nigeria will not improve in the next 200 years.

Hmmmm. You have made a powerful point but you failed to put into consideration that Political powers are rotated along tribal line or geographical location in yorubaland. Recently it has also being divided along religion line.

When this country divide, it will continue to divide. Division is not the solution. The solution lies in decentralization of power from the center.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by trapQ: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2018
Look at this fool. I'm not Igbo you utter slowpoke. I only stated the obvious fact that Igbos opted to leave Nigeria after which your kinsmen carried out genocide against them. Go play in traffic smello.
oooduancalmdown:

See flat-head brain. If it was a Yoruba person that wrote the nonsense you wrote, you would have called him a unity begger. But if a Yoruba had said he support Biafra, you will still look for excuse. What do you ibos want? Or are you telling me your agitation is a reaction to 2015 election which you lost woefully which has made you flat-head losers bitter?
Anyways I was not born when they 'stopped' you from leaving.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by vanunu: 1:55am On Jun 04, 2018
U must be mad, u hate the igbos so much and still want to be in the same country with them, u oppress them but they are still better than you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by vanunu: 2:01am On Jun 04, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

You fvcking bastard! Tell me where you come from. Who carried out genocide against Ibos? Why did ibos kill people from other tribes while leaving theirs? Huh? Instead of their people to condemn it, they celebrated. Why did the ibos stop Ijaws from declaring Niger Delta Republic only for them to declare their republic after six months? To make matter worse, they forced the Niger Deltans into the country against their will. You son of hoe have the guts to call me a fool! You shameless bastard. Ibos would not have not agitated for a seperate if they did not plan the coup. You think the world rotate around you? You think you can do anyhow while people just watch you abi?
If you are not Ibo then tell me your tribe you nit-wit
Madman, do u know that about 30,000 igbo's were killed in just 3months, these are innocent men and women that know nothing about the coup, are you saying now that those that killed these people are right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by romme2u: 5:11am On Jun 04, 2018
embarassed

The country's foundation was laid on sectionalism which promoted Nepotism, Favoritism and Tribalism

Nigeria will never be better until the civil war generation is gone........

Probably in the next 5 centuries
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by bymigokeph: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2018
Very true of a Nigerian. I do always say that a major problem of Nigeria is the attitude of the citizens.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Become Better - My Opinion by Chubhie: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2018
I believed in Nigeria. I used to love her until she forced me to flee. I still nurse a feeling about playing a part in a new Nigeria. But then, the old must give way for the new.

We are observing from a safe distance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#ekitidecides2018: Photos From Mass Turn Out Of Voters As Accreditation Begins. / BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC / This Clearly Explains Yesterday’s Drama At NASS. Please Share Far! God Bless Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.