Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,084 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is This Normal In Yoruba Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This Normal In Yoruba Culture (641 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This Normal In Yoruba Culture by Holamic: 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
A friend of mine has baby girl and last week he told me his going to be making "Akara" for fourth one days, I was wondering for what? Is it normal or is just a way of making another naming ceremony.
Re: Is This Normal In Yoruba Culture by odiereke(m): 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yes, its very normal I Yoruba culture. That is the day the baby can now be officially free to be taken out. Like the parent taking her around to thank those that came for the naming ceremony and well wishers.

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of The Greatest Deity And The God Of Thunder, Sango / The Most Extreme Body Art In The World. / What A Day ! Real Tired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.