Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Someone Should Help My Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Someone Should Help My Career (1022 Views)

Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Should Help My Career by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2018
i don't know what to do......
i am about choosing a career, either pharmacy or software developing i.e to become a programmer.
i want to write jamb next yr.
i am being sponsored by my uncle.
my problem is after all d education, which will be more lucrative dat will make me give back to my helper. though am in love with computers.
a good advice will be appreciated.
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by pat1612(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Get a pharmacy degree because i know how much they charge me just for their certificate cry

Tho i dont know about prospects of programming in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Someone Should Help My Career by whillyamz98(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
Choose pharmacy.

Software programming would've been better but they're not really appreciated in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Someone Should Help My Career by apprentist(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2018
Be careful of your choice. The decisions you take today decides your tomorrow. About your question, I think Pharmacy is more lucrative.
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by Laird(m): 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
apprentist:
Be careful of your choice. The decisions you take today decides your tomorrow. About your question, I think Pharmacy is more lucrative.

Software engineering gives you more options to work in and out of Nigeria. Software is the Future

1 Like

Re: Someone Should Help My Career by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
so what are u saying
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by GoodChoices: 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
Wiconse, there are financially successful pharmacists and financially successful software programmers. There are also unsuccessful ones. So if you are trying to choose the more 'lucrative' path for you as an individual, you may need to reconsider your question. Mr A who is poor with numbers is likely to fail at an Accounting career, meanwhile Mrs B who is great with numbers is likely to make a successful Accountant. Both studied the same course but got different outcomes. What determines success is finding something that YOU are good at, and that YOU enjoy.

Pharmacy and Software Programming are worlds apart.

So, my question to you is this: which appeals to you more? Pharmacy or Software Programming? And why?

As someone rightly said above, technology is the future, and so is sofware programming. If you have the aptitude for and an interest in software programing, the sky is your starting point, because all the great tech companies (and non-tech ones too), are constantly seeking great programmers - think Amazon, Facebook, Nairaland, Jumia, Fiverr, Microsoft, Andela, Uber, to name but a few. Pharmacy is also a great option, but for someone thinking globally, software programming has far more potential in terms of employment opportunities and earning power. BUT DON'T FORGET - never choose a career based on where the money is, because money comes when you find smething that YOU are good at, and that you love.

You are welcome to send me a PM - I'm available to have a short career counselling session later this week.
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
tnx bro. really appreciate
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by GoodChoices: 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2018
You are welcome. I have sent you an email.
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by Solutionsmind(m): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
Money should not be the main motive of career choice.
Artificial Intelligence (AI( is the future and programmers are the main drivers.
Pharmacy is also a good career path,humans must fall ill and pharmacists must be there to attend to sick people.
Pharmacy favours self practise likewise programming.
I always tell young people not to limit their mindset only to Nigeria, we are now a global village.
As a programmer you can be a freelancer on various sites( earning in dollars)..
Pls search your mind, your passion and talent and make a decision.
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
every comment/advice is highly appreciated. nevertheless, I shall go for what I know is best for me as my passion.... tnx
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
Solutionsmind:
Money should not be the main motive of career choice.
Artificial Intelligence (AI( is the future and programmers are the main drivers.
Pharmacy is also a good career path,humans must fall ill and pharmacists must be there to attend to sick people.
Pharmacy favours self practise likewise programming.
I always tell young people not to limit their mindset only to Nigeria, we are now a global village.
As a programmer you can be a freelancer on various sites( earning in dollars)..
Pls search your mind, your passion and talent and make a decision.
but is certification d best or d skill......dat is. going to a university to get a degree. or attending professional school
Re: Someone Should Help My Career by imaeruaka: 1:23am On Jul 08, 2018
ok

ENTREPRENEURSHIP
*You all will agree with me that for a business to experience success, yielding much more income that the marketing sector or unit of such business or company must be as rigid as ever. That is to say, if such unit functions properly, there’s a greater tendency of such a business to experience success, since marketing is the heart of all business.*
Read more>>> and share
https://www.millitime.com/a-working-marketing-strategy-for-businesses-multiplication/?wpam_id=7

Millitime
Your 247 Career Magazine

Re: Someone Should Help My Career by misspearlz: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
wiconse:
every comment/advice is highly appreciated. nevertheless, I shall go for what I know is best for me as my passion.... tnx
All the best cry

(1) (Reply)

Help!,I am depressed / An Info Please! / Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited Need Staff Physician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.