Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian (318 Views)

My Speech, If I Were President Buhari By Ik OGBONNA / If You Were President, What Sector Would You Focus On To Kickstart Development? / “If Goodluck Jonathan Were President During Coronavirus” By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian by Moghalu4Pres: 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Call the Japanese to build ultra high speed rail line between Abj-Onitsha and Abj-Lagos. It shouldn't take more thañ 2 1/2 hrs to reach the capital in a developed economy.

2. Build at least one world class university in the country so as to make up for the high level education persons are travelling abroad for. This school won't be free but will be capable of delivering here, all the things persons travelled to the UK and US to seek.

3. Build a world class hospital in the capital together with private partnership that will be capable of any imaginable form of medical treatment persons could travel abroad to seek.

4. Remove about 14 to 15 stupid laws hindering smooth running of business in the country. Enable registration of companies online. Reduce business tax from 30% to 25%. The UK has 20% but 25% may fit us.

5. Downsize the NNPC headquarters and reroute their financial payment system. Nigeria produces about 2M barrels of oil daily without the NNPC being in the top 50 oil companies worldwide. Even Algeria with lesser daily production rate is among and reports much higher revenues (followed by SONAGOL of Angola).

6. Draft accurate anti-corruption laws stipulating what exactly you get for any graft crime without speculation. "If you steal above N20M you get forty years imprisonment with no option of fine." Forward all such appropriate laws to NASS for approval.

7. Gather willing Nigerian billionaires and change the fallow Lagos-Asaba highway to a series of plantations. Establish a second major national seaport in the East to facilitate the importation and exportation of goods.

8. Invite at least one mobile phone manufacturing company, TV electronics to produce in Nigeria.

9. Redonminate the naira to ease portability and to reduce the need for foreign currencies within the national system. This will greatly oose the pressure for foreign currencies and stabilize the naira appreciably.

10. Perform a greater currency swap operation with China. Since Nigerians do more business with China than any other, the Yuan should be more readily available for the Nigerian individual than any other currency. Encourage Nigerian banks to set up in China for bi-national currency transactions for Nigerians travelling in and out of the country.

11. Plan a design to reposition Abuja as the major subnational economy and to have all the institutional and economic facilities to promote business and support city and national growth.

12. Commence the building of a 1,000,000 housing capacity in Abuja to promote the city's growth and to accommodate future growth expansion and rechannel national growth expansion from Lagos to Abuja.

13. Partner with major pharmaceutical companies to establish major pharmaceutical companies in the country to curb the importation of major pharmaceutical drugs.

14. Send 200,000 Nigerians abroad in the first year to carter for lack of industrial personnel in sectors such as high-tech agriculture, computer science, civil engineering and biomedicine.

15. Partner with governors to set up stock exchanges in all the states of the country. If you how important that is, you know.

16. Build more prisons in Nigeria. The current ones are a hell. We have passed a certain level and should be more humane.

On the other hand,
Young Progressive Party.
#YPP
Kingsley Moghalu 2019.

Vote Southerner.

Re: What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian by maxnedu11(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
our leaders travels round the world, they know what it takes to turn things around but they aren't interested as they want the thick line between the rich, the poor and the political class to exist, because only then can they remain relevant and manipulative.

1 Like

Re: What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
President of TwitterNG
Re: What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
With all these MANIFESTOS, I WILL GLADLY VOTE FOR YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Would Do If I Were President- Concerned Nigerian by anibirelawal(m): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
Easier said than done.

(1) (Reply)

Offa Robberies: Police Give Saraki 48 Hours To Send Written Defence For... / Benue Police Prosecute 188 Herdsmen Over Anti-grazing Law / Buhari Says Nigeria Now Sufficiently Safe And Secure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.