Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,869 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police (601 Views)

Saraki: Our Biggest Challenge In South-East Is Labour Party / Fact Check: How True Are Claims By Tinubu Shettima About Size Of Lagos Economy? / EFCC Reacts To Claims That It Is Only Going After Christian PDP Public Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by ridwanomooba: 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
Press Release:

SARAKI: OUR RESPONSE TO CLAIMS BY POLICE

June 3, 2018 - The attention of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has been drawn to a story circulating online and apparently derived from a Press Conference addressed by the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Moshood Jimoh, linking him (Saraki) to the Offa robbery.

Dr. Saraki will want the entire public to disregard this claim as a baseless allegation and another ploy by the Police to implicate him by all means. 

"Let it be known that there is no way I could have been associated with armed robbery against my people. When the Offa robbery incident happened, I was the first top public official to pay a visit to the place and right there in the palace of the traditional ruler, I put a call through to this same Mr. Ibrahim Idris, the IGP, requesting him to make certain specific security arrangements as demanded by the people.

"Members of the public will remember that on May 16, 2018, I alerted the Senate about the information passed on to me by my State Governor, Dr. Abdulfatai Ahmed, over a plot by the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, to frame me up by getting some suspected cultists arrested in Ilorin to implicate me. It is believed that the timely leakage of the plot in that case aborted the use of the suspected cultists to implicate me. Now, it is the Offa bank robbery suspects that are about to be used.

"This plot is concocted to embarrass me and, in the mind of the IGP, it is his own response after his refusal to honour the invitation by the National Assembly, headed me, for him to come and offer explanations on the rampant killings and violence across the country.

"Like the earlier one, this frame-up will also fail as I hereby state categorically that I have no link with any band of criminals.  

"As a person who has utmost respect for the rule of law and all constitutional institutions, when the invitation from the Police is formally extended to me, I will be ready to honour it without any delay.

"It is however sad that this abuse of the criminal investigation process aimed at intimidating and over-overawing the legislature, thereby obstructing it from doing its work, is a big threat to our democracy ", the Senate President  stated.

END

Signed

Yusuph Olaniyonu 
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to Senate President
Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by Fuckyoumod: 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2018
Q
Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2018
E
Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by chriskosherbal(m): 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
Alright
Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by GavelSlam: 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
Go and clear yourself.
Someone arms these young men and your name has been mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
The poster above me has said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
There is no case of prejudice here.. Because he needs to answer to two offense.. Absorbed your self from 1. empowerment of thugs with guns which is the same offense Dino melaye is charged with in kogi and 2. Case of offal robbery... Either way it's a solid case that needs further questioning. This are thugs usually sent out to assassinate during election peak period like this. O believe this act should be expended to other state where highly placed members of the public are capable in criminal matters as such.
Re: Saraki: Our Response To Claims By Police by Mynd44: 11:15pm On Jun 03, 2018

(1)

Governor Wike Cries Out; Read State Broadcast For The LG Elections, called names / No More Power Supply In Benin City !!!!!!!!!! / Because Of Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.