Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Slavery Is Still Real In Europe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Slavery Is Still Real In Europe (1003 Views)

Nigerian Couple In Texas Face Slavery And Assault Charges, Faces Upto 60 Years / Nigerian Woman Sold Into Slavery In Kuwait / Panel beater shot dead in attempt to kidnap Europe returnee(Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by jeshua(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2007
All over Europe, it seems that slave trade is still in existence and sometimes I feel what we are been exposed to simply negates what the UN says on freedom and human right. I don't know, until I got here, then did I discover that commonwealth, U.N. and all this so called organizations are all political deceits to make us feel we are free, it is a lie, we need to struggle and set out self free from racial discrimination. It wont be one William Wilberforce but I think our freedom should bear our names. what do you think?
cry
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by Ferlie(m): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2007
where? na u dem dey enslave? no talk waiting u no know abeg.
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by jeshua(m): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2007
I dont know what you know or have experienced but I am saying this because of my experience. I dont know if you have heard of the New Movie called Amazing Grace made in respect of the abolition of slave trade. It is because of that I just assess what is happenning in Scotland and I have heard that it is quite different in London but scotland and Germany is quite worse. Blacks are not treated right. Well, i just feel Amazing Grace movie can be re-enacted in our days when all of both the Sons of the Black and the sons of the Whites will relate with each other not becos of our color but becos of our hearts.
If you have never been out of Africa , sorry I am talking to the wrong person. cool lipsrsealed

Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by Ferlie(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2007
talk of racism not slavery - bush boy.
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by Coco29(f): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2007
jeshua:

All over Europe, it seems that slave trade is still in existence and sometimes I feel what we are been exposed to simply negates what the UN says on freedom and human right. I don't know, until I got here, then did I discover that commonwealth, U.N. and all this so called organizations are all political deceits to make us feel we are free, it is a lie, we need to struggle and set out self free from racial discrimination. It wont be one William Wilberforce but I think our freedom should bear our names. what do you think?
cry

it is a big step to see beyond the illusion, we all walk around with our slave names and clothes saying we are free cry
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by OmoEko1(f): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2007
Ferlie:

talk of racism not slavery - bush boy.
why don't u explain the difference btw racism and slavery to him.
who knows maybe he never had an history class before
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by jeshua(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2007
you can go on whinning about slavery or racism but let me tell you something, when we talk of racism, we are talking about other racial people discriminated against but by the virtue of experiential definition, I am talking about the mentality of whites when they relate with Blacks. History reveals the position we were to them and the present generation indirectly feels there superiority should be a tradition.
They refer to blacks as people who are wild and needs domestication, tell me history teacher, is that racism or slavery. if you are so good with history tell me the origin of discrimination of blacks? it did not start from the same source with other racial groups, did it?.
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by Ferlie(m): 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2007
Jeshua or Joshua or Josh or Oga Joshua.

If u feel inferior to the white man, then he will feel superior to u. If you feel being discriminated against, then u will be discriminated against by everything someone does to u - Oga.

History is history, present is present - live by the present - not by history - what is my concern if a white man thinks he is superior to me? my life goes on, even in Nigeria, the Yoruba man thinks he is superior to the Hausa man, etc . so forget slavery, forget racism, live your life, things that dont count, forget about them.

Period.
Re: Slavery Is Still Real In Europe by jeshua(m): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2007
will you all just keep quite if you don't know what you are saying. who told you i feel inferior to the white man. i am only saying what I know, have you read the papers and have you seen the protest against the wilberforce day, maybe you don't even know who wilberforce is? well, i am just saying this so anyone who is going abroad will be prepared to stand up against discriminations of any sort. okay

(1) (Reply)

Dumb Laws / 33-year-old Ibo Man Charged With Issuing N3.7m Dud Cheque / Nigerian Police Find Roasted Chickens Stuffed With $150k In Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.