Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

SURE-P Fraud: Why I Failed To Interview Relevant Agencies - Witness Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P Fraud: Why I Failed To Interview Relevant Agencies - Witness Opens Up (400 Views)

₦37.1bn Fraud: Why I Shunned EFCC's Invitation - Farouq / EFCC Detectives Quiz Obiano Over ₦5b Sure-P, ₦37b Security Votes Spending / SURE-P Vs N-Power: Which Is More Transparent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SURE-P Fraud: Why I Failed To Interview Relevant Agencies - Witness Opens Up by Ournews: 6:52am On Jun 04, 2018
– More details have emerged in the ongoing trial case of alleged fraud on SURE-P funds

– A witness in the trial of a neurologist and his wife said he failed to interview relevant agency over the matter

– According to Seidu Mohammed, he did not find out from SURE-P how much the stroke centre will cost A witness in the ongoing trial of a United Kingdom-based Professor of Neurology, Reuben Obaro and his wife, Olubunmi has denied interviewing relevant government agencies before the matter in court. Seidu Mohammed, an investigator with the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) said he did not interface with the former Chairmen of SURE-P and the Federal Ministry of Health, which authorized the release of the fund in question, before charging the defendants to court. Speaking before Justice, A. O Ebong of the Federal High Court in Zuba, Mohammed said he did not find out from SURE-P how mulch the stroke centre will cost.

“I did not also interface with Dr. Martins Luther Agwai, the successor to Dr Christopher Kolade. I also did not interface with Mr Ishaya Akan, the last SURE-P Chairman before it was dissolved,” he said. “I did not also interface with Dr.Martins Luther Agwai, the successor to Dr Christopher Kolade. I also did not interface with Mr Ishaya Akan, the last SURE-P Chairman before it was dissolved,” he said.

However, confirming that SURE-P was under the direct supervision of the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mohammed said the only interface he had with the office was through a letter from the ICPC office to the agency.

He further said he did not have any contact with the Federal Ministry of Health, despite the fact that the ministry was deeply involved before the seed grant was released to the defendants by SURE-P.

Asked if he made his findings from the SURE-P office in the course of his investigations, the witness said: “I did not find out from SURE-P the type of building to be built. I did not find out its cost and I did not find out the time line for the building to be completed.” He also said he was not aware of whether SURE-P appointed external auditor for the defendants as he never invited the defendants to confirm or deny the cash analysis he did on the money spent on the project so far.

He revealed also that he did not investigate whether the defendants organized an awareness campaign lecture in Abuja, “because the Commission (ICPC) saw it as unnecessary to so investigate it”. Having listened the cross examination of Mohammed, Justice Ebong ‎adjourned the matter to July 5 and 9, 2018.

It was previously reported that had charged and arraigned Obaro and his wife before the court over alleged misappropriating N233.6 million belonging to the federal government. The anti-graft agency in a statement said the suspects are facing eight charges before Justice A. O. Ebong of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Zuba.

The commission said they were charged for allegedly committing several offences including misleading officers of the commission, frustrating investigation and misappropriating funds meant for the establishment of a stroke centre in Nigeria being funded by the defunct Subsidy Reinvestment Empowerment Programme (SURE-P).

Link- https://nairatrend.com.ng/sure-p-fraud-why-i-failed-to-interview-relevant-agencies-witness-opens-up/

#Nairatrend

Re: SURE-P Fraud: Why I Failed To Interview Relevant Agencies - Witness Opens Up by DaBullIT(m): 7:59am On Jun 04, 2018
SURE P was another 36 Million swallowed by the Alayes'

Tonyebarcanista campaiged with this fraud, some of us remember
Re: SURE-P Fraud: Why I Failed To Interview Relevant Agencies - Witness Opens Up by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2018
DaBullIT:
SURE P was another 36 Million swallowed by the Alayes'

Tonyebarcanista campaiged with this fraud, some of us remember
SURE-P was a conduit pipe for fraud.

This I have always maintained and still maintain

(1) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Adedoja To Withdraw Suit Against Secondus, Party / Minna Jailbreak: 182 Prisoners Still At Large, Says Minister / The Clueless Nature Of The Buhari Led Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.