Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) (19428 Views)

After 10yrs Of Practice, Fake Lawyer Arrested In Port Harcourt Court (Video) / Ogun: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Defending Case In Court (Photo) / El-Rufai: No More Bail For Rapists. We’re Considering Castration As Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Baawaa(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2018
Uche Julian Nwajiakwu,one of bia-fraud people's lawyers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by jidxin(m): 11:24am On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:
haven't you heard of nemo judex in causa sua.
omg are u trying to show your ignorance how does this maxim relate to this situation. you cant be a judge in your own case?? he can actually represent himself in court.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by ekene247(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:
no one should be a judge in his own case.

But somebody or a lawyer can represent himself.
He is not the judge in this case.
But when one has to represent himself, there is a procedure for that.
If you are a lawyer, u will understand
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by bufness(m): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:
and audi alterem partem, good ol dayz grin, but he isn't being a judge tho....
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by package7(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2018
Oh not again, hello Daybor, I beg I forget to you, please, that lawyer we employ his service for our father's will,tell him to identify himself, just hope is not a fake lawyer sha.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Eazeee(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:

that should not in any way prevent him from representing himself in court hadn't mean he is qualified. what u wrote is different as it mean one cannot be a judge in his own case. I guess u are just doing ur pre-Diploma programme in Law if @ all there is anything like that
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by sholaminato(m): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2018
grin Real life Mike from the suits TV series.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by queenfav(f): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2018
This life is funny sha. I am here not practicing despite being called to bar legitimately , wheras some are practicing actively as fake lawyers. Wish i can sell my LL.b and BL, cos i don't see myself using it again.

1 Like

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by SmartyPants(m): 11:57am On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:

lol. What does representing himself have to do with being a judge in his own case?

BTW everyone has the right to self-representation in most matters except maybe where the death penalty is involved, of which i am not sure.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by histemple: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:

Another quack lawyer spotted. The above principle does not apply here.

Representing himself is different from being the judge in his matter.

1 Like

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Jerrypolo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:

(Loosely translated) You cannot be the JUDGE in your own case.

This maxim doesn't apply here. He can actually represent himself but cannot decide the case as it were.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by ajaymina(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
ichommy:
The undercover operatives of Lagos State Police Command attached to Ojo Police Station, on 25/05/2018, arrested one Mr. Uche Julian Nwajiakwu for impersonating as a lawyer.

This made it the second time a fake lawyer is being arrested at Ojo Magistrate Court. The first was the arrest of one Chris Elisha who was arrested on 6th of February, 2018, after being in illegal practise for fifteen years. .

Meanwhile, Uche Julian Nwajiakwu, the latest man to be arrested for illegal law practice, had been on the game since 2015.

According to the suspect, he fell in love with law practice when a friend of his commissioned him to act as a lawyer in order to serve his tenant a quit notice. He was handsomely rewarded after the deed and since then, there was no looking back.

However, luck ran out on him recently, while he was arguing on a bail application for his client when intelligent lawyers in the court suspected him. The lawyers said his quackery was too obvious to be ignored.

The police investigation into the case thus far, revealed that the suspect did not study law in any of the Nigerian universities nor anywhere else in the world. He was charged to Ojo Magistrate Court on the 30/05/2018, for the offence of impersonation.

https://www.emmy.ng/2018/06/fake-lawyer-arrested-while-trying-to.html

9ja no get chill at all!!!

economy hard, bros de hustle him own.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Dija002(f): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
jidxin:
omg are u trying to show your ignorance how does this maxim relate to this situation. you cant be a judge in your own case?? he can actually represent himself in court.
abeg am not a law student o,I just quote d guy based on what I was taught,over sabi people should leave me alone.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Almaiga: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Name checkers are on their way to check names grin

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
brainworkng:
People gget mind for this country sha grin

grin grin I dey tell you....the guy get mind no be small.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by 1miccza: 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:

Are you speaking in tongues
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by DabuIIIT: 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
Man,thats one real hungry fake azz lawyer sha.

1 Like

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by encryptjay(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
The lawyers said his quackery was too obvious to be ignored.

Kikikiki grin
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Finest6: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
See hunger for him face grin
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Emilokoiyawon: 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
I love his spirit - one way or the other man must survive cheesy
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Naijageak(m): 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
You can not be a judge in your own case.....
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by CanineOfJackal: 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
chizzy161:

Does the principle of nemo judex prevent him from personally representing himself if he choose to do so?
I was about to ask same.

1 Like

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by CanineOfJackal: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:
abeg am not a law student o,I just quote d guy based on what I was thought,over sabi people should leave me alone.
You deserve to share prison space with that quack for misleading us
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by jidxin(m): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:
abeg am not a law student o,I just quote d guy based on what I was thought,over sabi people should leave me alone.
who was your teacher, he must be a quack too..... how can you be "thought" the teacher sef should share a space with the fake lawyer. fake teacher "THOUGHTing" you a what he thinks is right.

1 Like

Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by Dija002(f): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
jidxin:

who was your teacher, he must be a quack too..... how can you be "thought" the teacher sef should share a space with the fake lawyer. fake teacher "THOUGHTing" you a what he thinks is right.
thanks for d correction
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by brojoshua: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
May be the offender has no money to hire an original lawyer so he patronised a fake one unlike the politicians who have looted money to pay real lawyers ����
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by mattyjay(m): 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:

Nemo judex maxim doesn't come into play here.
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by jidxin(m): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
Dija002:
thanks for d correction
you are welcome bruv
Re: Fake Lawyer Arrested While Trying To Get Bail For Client (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2018
You are also a fake... undecided undecided
Dija002:
no one should be a judge in his own case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threats / Owerri Is Brimming With Prostitutes / Housewife And Her Brother Kidnap Husband Over Sharing Of Cows In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.