Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Conjoined Sisters, Maria And Consolata Mwakikuti, Die At 21 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Sisters, Maria And Consolata Mwakikuti, Die At 21 (428 Views)

14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages / Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? / Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conjoined Sisters, Maria And Consolata Mwakikuti, Die At 21 by trendysturvs(f): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2018
Conjoined sisters, Maria and Consolata Mwakikuti, who became famous when they began their studies at a Tanzanian university last September, have died at the age of 21 following a long illness.The president of the east African nation announced on Sunday. Maria and Consolata Mwakikuti, who were joined at the abdomen, become minor celebrities in Tanzania where the media had closely followed their path through high school.

Their admission to the Ruaha Catholic University in Iringa in September 2017 had marked a first in a country where disabled people are often marginalised or abandoned at birth.

They had begun a course in education with a view to becoming teachers in history, English and Swahili, when they became ill in January, notably suffering from cardiac problems.

“I am saddened by the death of twins, Maria and Consolata. When I last visited them at hospital they prayed for the nation. My condolences to their family… Rest in peace my children,” President John Magufuli tweeted.

After an apparent improvement in their health, the sisters continued their treatment at a hospital near their university, where they died on Saturday.

The twins were abandoned by their mother after the death of their father, and later taken in by a Catholic mission.

Source:https://tsb.com.ng/2018/06/conjoined-sisters-maria-and-consolata-mwakikuti-die-at-21/

Re: Conjoined Sisters, Maria And Consolata Mwakikuti, Die At 21 by utytill(m): 11:47am On Jun 04, 2018
RIP,came together, gone together.

(1) (Reply)

The Fastest Growing Cancer In The World: It Affects Men Twice As Much As Women / 10 Benefits Of Whole Grain Oats That Will Surprise You / What could be done to painful menstruation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.