Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,380 members, 7,850,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

Saraki Yet To Receive Police Invitation, Dispatches ADC To Force Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Yet To Receive Police Invitation, Dispatches ADC To Force Headquarters (494 Views)

Coup: President Tinubu Dispatches Envoys To Niger, Libya, Algeria / ADC To Tinubu: FG, Jakande, Johnson & Marwa Built Lagos, Not You / Buhari Condemns Kagara School Abduction In Niger State, Dispatches Army, Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Saraki Yet To Receive Police Invitation, Dispatches ADC To Force Headquarters by nwakibie3(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki said on Monday that he has sent his aide-de-camp to the Force Headquarters to pick up an invitation letter — if the police have such a message for him.

The police said on Sunday that an invitation had been extended to Mr Saraki to answer questions bordering on murder allegations at their intelligence department in Abuja. Some suspects arrested in connection to the April 5 armed robbery attack in Offa, Kwara State, allegedly owned up to the murder of at least 33 persons in the heist, which also affected five banks.

The police said five of the suspects incriminated Mr Saraki as their main financier and arm supplier. Mr Saraki issued a fierce denial to the police’s claims Sunday night, dismissing all the allegations as unfounded and a pedestrian plot to frame him up in criminal investigations.

The Senate President described the murder allegations against him as a further manifestation of a desperate plot to frame him up.

Nonetheless, the top lawmaker said he would honour the police invitation, but only after receiving formal communication, even though Inspector-General Ibrahim Idris repeatedly ignored Senate invitations for several weeks this year.

The police did not say whether an invitation had actually been sent out to Mr Saraki, they only announced that he had been summoned for questioning. They also said he should see detectives at the intelligence monitoring unit in Guzape, about seven kilometres south of downtown Abuja.

The police spokesperson, Jimoh Moshood, did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES’ requests for clarification about the status of Mr Saraki’s invitation.

After waiting throughout Sunday and Monday morning without a formal communication from the police, Mr Saraki announced in a Twitter update that his top security official had gone to demand the invitation from the police.

I have just informed my ADC to get the letter of invitation from @PoliceNG in respect of the allegations raised yesterday — so that I can immediately honour the alleged invitation.

— Bukola Saraki (@bukolasaraki) June 4, 2018

“I have just informed my ADC to get the letter of invitation from @PoliceNG in respect of the allegations raised yesterday — so that I can immediately honour the alleged invitation,” the Senate President wrote at 12:18 p.m.

Cc myndd44
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/270975-saraki-yet-to-receive-police-invitation-dispatches-adc-to-force-headquarters.html

Re: Saraki Yet To Receive Police Invitation, Dispatches ADC To Force Headquarters by iyblaq(m): 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good move, bring the game on.. Saraki is more educated and smarter than that double Transmission IG n his Oga

1 Share

Re: Saraki Yet To Receive Police Invitation, Dispatches ADC To Force Headquarters by ebuk4real(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2018
Now that Saraki is mentoring and teaching the Nigerian police how to formally and decently discharge their duties, hope they will be humble enough to learn. You start by inviting them via writing, never the archaic Rambo fashion please...

We just can get it right whenever we chose to be....
Re: Saraki Yet To Receive Police Invitation, Dispatches ADC To Force Headquarters by Mynd44: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2018

(1)

NASS: "Remove IG Of Police Now Or..." / Lasg Announce Plans For Okokomaiko-seme Road; See The Details / June 12: Agbakoba Reveals Why Buhari Honoured Abiola, Carpets Obasanjo, IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.