Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood (998 Views)

Portable Set To Be Featured In New Nollywood Movie In Asaba (video) / Throwback: Old Nollywood Movies We All Loved (pics) / Where To Download Old Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by sapidsapiens: 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Which era of Nollywood do you prefer and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI3uIfaCaTc
Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
Both

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by etrange: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
I did not watch the clip but brotherly, this comparison is divisive and unnecessary. Nollywood is Nollywood and just like any other institutions, has evolved over time. Those actors you might have grouped under the cadre of "old Nollywood" paved way for whatever we have today. They toiled when the resources were not there to put Nollywood at the forefront of African entertainment industry. The newer ones are riding on this and I believe they are also doing a good job. Things are getting better and it will continue to get better. Comparing them is disrespectful to the pioneers even though I know that's not the intention here.

Just my opinion though. I could be wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by orisa37: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
Which era of Nollywood do you prefer and why? Old Nollywood are still Hollywood. New Nollywood are now Chinawood.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by orisa37: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
Old Nollywood are OBJ & GEJwoods. New Nollywood are Herds & Bokowoods.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2018
etrange:
I did not watch the clip but brotherly, this comparison is divisive and unnecessary. Nollywood is Nollywood and just like any other institutions, has evolved over time. Those actors you might have grouped under the cadre of "old Nollywood" paved way for whatever we have today. They toiled when the resources were not there to put Nollywood at the forefront of African entertainment industry. The newer ones are riding on this and I believe they are also doing a good job. Things are getting better and it will continue to get better. Comparing them is disrespectful to the pioneers even though I know that's not the intention here.

You are absolutely correct
Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
both era are good. The new nollywood is modern with new things, new ideas,. Thanks to the old nollywood it has changed the perception people have about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by okwabayi(m): 12:17am On Jun 08, 2018
My problem is there's almost nowhere to watch old nollywood flicks. Since they weren't done on film as opposed to cheap video tapes there is a minute chance we'll see them in High Definition anytime soon.

New nollywood isn't bad at all. It's obvious most of the actors I enjoy had a passion for acting as little kids. The old generation of nollywood could get away with stiff emotionless acting but it won't fly when paired with these new kids on the block. Some oldies manage to improve their craft to meet the new standard but majority are content acting lifeless movies.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by sapidsapiens: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
etrange:

You just stated that it is not the intention to disrespect the pioneers, so I don't understand why you are choosing to see it in that light!

Even in Hollywood, they compare the movies of old with the new ones and no one calls it a disrespect to the veterans. You are seeing smoke and fire where there is none.

This debate was simply to find out if Nigerians miss the era of home videos and if you had watched it, you'd have realized that instead of judging a book based on the cover and your pseudo-intellect
Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by etrange: 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2018
sapidsapiens:

You just stated that it is not the intention to disrespect the pioneers, so I don't understand why you are choosing to see it in that light!

Even in Hollywood, they compare the movies of old with the new ones and no one calls it a disrespect to the veterans. You are seeing smoke and fire where there is none.

This debate was simply to find out if Nigerians miss the era of home videos and if you had watched it, you'd have realized that instead of judging a book based on the cover and your pseudo-intellect

Sorry
Re: Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood by sapidsapiens: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
etrange:

Sorry

It's all good, sir

(1) (Reply)

Sub Titles For Movies. / List Of Free To Air Television In Nigeria / BBNaija: "Biggie's Ninja Falls After Being Distracted By Mercy's Backside"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.