Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,909 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

BREAKING: Police Cancel Summon To Saraki; Demand Written Explanation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Police Cancel Summon To Saraki; Demand Written Explanation (368 Views)

Buhari Reacts To Saraki's Supreme Court Judgement Over False Assets Declaration / Police cancel invitation to Saraki; demand written explanation / Shehu Sani Reacts To Saraki's Looming Arrest, Police Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Police Cancel Summon To Saraki; Demand Written Explanation by Successdude(m): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki would no longer need to appear before the police for questioning, the top lawmaker said on Monday.
In a post on Twitter, Mr Saraki said he now has a formal communication from the police, but it was not for him to appear but rather to answer questions bordering on the robbery in Offa, Kwara State, in April.
“Following my earlier tweet, I have received the letter from @PoliceNG. They are no longer asking me to appear at any station, but to respond in writing to the allegations within 48 hours — which I plan to do,” Mr Saraki said.
The announcement comes minutes after Vice President Yemi Osinbajo met behind closed-doors with Police chief, Ibrahim Idris, as well as the head of State Security Service, Lawal Daura, at the State House.
It also comes about four hours after Mr Saraki announced he was yet to get a police invite. PREMIUM TIMES reported how the senate president said he dispatched his security detail to the Force Headquarters in Abuja to ask the police for an invite when none came.
The police say some of the suspects in the Offa robbery confessed to being sponsored by Mr Saraki.

SOURCE : https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/270993-breaking-police-cancel-summon-to-saraki-demand-written-explanation.html
Re: BREAKING: Police Cancel Summon To Saraki; Demand Written Explanation by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
They are scared ooo!!!
Buhari please finish what you started, is this goingtl to be another uncompleted project by the dullard?
I believe he has bitten more than he can chew!!
Re: BREAKING: Police Cancel Summon To Saraki; Demand Written Explanation by Mynd44: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2018

(1)

APC National Convention: 60 Aspirants Pick Forms / Declare ‘democracy Destruction Day’ To Mark Your Coup – Senator Tells Buhari / Is Sug President Bigger Than Elected Councillor?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.