Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,905 members, 7,866,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

Players that Arsene Wenger should buy. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Players that Arsene Wenger should buy. (693 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Epl Tranfers This Season - Check Out The Players That Signed For Your Club (pics / Roll Call Of Juve Players That Are Staying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Players that Arsene Wenger should buy. by Jencejyde(m): 6:09pm On May 30, 2010
Who do you think should be playing their football in an Arsenal jersey when the next English Premier League kicks off?  If you are an Arsenal fan like me, then you would really be eager to see a couple of ‘quality’ players come to the North London club.

You are probably frustrated and tired of seeing the club, start the season so well but have no silverware to show for their efforts at the end of the campaign.

The last time the gunners won any trophy was in the 2005 FA Cup final. I personally believe it’s time for the longsuffering, patriotic, die- hard and loyal fans of Arsenal football club to be rewarded. It’s time for the management of the club to listen to the millions of fans all over the world who pay for tickets to make the Emirates stadium a sold out arena week in week out. It’s time to start playing good and entertaining football with trophies to show for it. It’s time to for the fans to shout “UP GUNNERS”, without fear of being mocked at the very last minute.

Well, since the title of this write-up is about, ' who should be playing for Arsenal'?  I would simply just let you know my own opinion and maybe you could drop yours too.

The first player I would be excited to see playing his football at Arsenal in the coming season would be Hugo Lloris. I believe a great goalkeeper can be a massive positive impact on the title aspirations of any football club. This is one area where the gunners have suffered so much, whether you agree with me or not. The 6 feet 2 inches tall French international has been in fine form for Lyon last season and at age 23 with 36 caps under his belt, he is definitely full of experience.
[img]http://C:\Users\JYDE\Pictures\hugo.jpg[/img]

Philippe Mexes and Mamadou Sakho would be excellent additions to the current squad. Mexes currently plays for Italian giants, A.S Roma. At 28 years of age, he his full of experience and has matured since his move from Auxerre in France, to the Italian capital. Standing at 1.87meters and weighing 82kg, he is an intimidating figure and every attacker’s nightmare. He would be interesting to see him partner vermaleen in the heart of the arsenal defense. Sakho on the other hand is more versatile as he can play as a centre back and left back. The left footed French defender plays for PSG (Paris Saint Germain) football club in France. He is only 20 years of age and already has a record of being the youngest captain in the history of the French league. According to IMScouting, "he is very ambitious; doesn't give up on any ball and is a hard working player on the pitch." His ability to always join the attack and get forward very often makes him really special. He is also the captain of the French under 21's.
I would surely be pleased to see these two outstanding players, who have done very well with their respective clubs, play their football at the Emirates.
[img]http://mexes.jpg[/img]            [img]http://mamdou.jpg[/img]

My choice of midfielders would be Ibrahim Afellay and Yaya Toure. Most of us know Yaya very well and what he is capable of. He is definitely not a stranger to football fans and analysts.The Ivorian born midfield maestro plays for Barcelona Football club in Spain. Believe it or not, the team (Arsenal) should be looking for extra cover in the defensive midfield department where the likes of Alex Song, Abou Diaby and Denilson Pereira all feature the team.
I played as a defensive midfielder in my University’s football team for five years and know very well the importance of having a fast strong and very intelligent player executing that role. These are key features I believe Yaya possesses. He keeps the ball very well and would win nearly every 50/50 battle in the midfield. That aspect of winning the midfield battles, for me; is what separates the best from the rest.
Afellay on the other hand is a very talented attacking midfielder who possesses good pace and excellent dribbling skills with a unique ability to supply killer passes and shoot from range. Born on the 2nd of April 1986 in Holland with Moroccan descent, he is a Dutch international and plays his club football for PSV in the Dutch Eredivisie. Known to be a victim of many fouls due to his dribbling habits, he has won four domestic titles with the Dutch club and a move for him would be very good, considering his age and the fact that he has never played outside Holland. His present club has not performed well in the past few seasons, which makes it a more convincing reason for him to leave. His manager rates him very high and has even given him a new defensive role to put more discipline into his game. I personally am of the opinion that he has the potential of being one of the world’s greatest footballers at Arsenal.

[img]http://C:\Users\JYDE\Pictures\affelay.jpg[/img]

There you have it, my own personal opinions. I really would want these guys playing with the likes of Fabregas (if he stays), Robin, Chamakh (Thank God he is now a gunner), Nasri, Clichy, Arshavin and the rest. But if they do come, some other players would have to leave. I may then have to write about, ‘Who should not be at Arsenal next season’.

Extremely Arsenal.

(1) (Reply)

Drogba Target Anoda Golden-boot In The World Cup! . . / Ucl. Twente Vs Totteham 8.45pm 7-12-2010 / Champions League Draws: Crap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.