Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,710 members, 7,840,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final (626 Views)

World Cup: The Moment Argentina Goalkeeper, Caballero Did A Karius / I Can’t Sleep – Liverpool Goalkeeper Karius / Loris Karius Sobs Uncontrollably, Apologises To Liverpool Fans (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
During Liverpool's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid

A statement released by Massachusetts General Hospital confirms the goalkeeper was far from 100 per cent as his two horrendous mistakes saw Real emerge as 3-1 victors in last month's showpiece clash.

Loris Karius sustained a concussion during the Champions League final
As revealed earlier, Karius jetted off to America for scans amid fears he suffered head trauma following a clash with Real captain Sergio Ramos.

The incident occurred before Karius' first mistake in Kiev, which saw him virtually throw the ball into Karim Benzema's path for a free shot at goal.

And it's now been revealed that the German was indeed suffering from concussion, which is sure to have had some impact on his game.

A hospital statement read: "On May 31, 2018 Mr. Karius underwent a comprehensive examination by Dr. Ross Zafonte and Dr. Lenore Herget in Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

The goalie's two mistakes helped Real Madrid to a 3-1 win over Liverpool
"After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history – including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms – physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr. Karius sustained a concussion during the match
May 26, 2018.

"At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius’s principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event.

Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance.

http://footballflaver..com/2018/06/loris-karius-sustained-concussion.html?m=1 cry

Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Nbote(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
So in otherwords, Assassin Ramos took out both the Liverpool goalkeeper and attacker?? Wonderful!! Dats in igbo, he suffered from Anya Aju

1 Like

Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by micfoley: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
Explains a lot
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Unluckrees(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
And the Liverpool medic team didn't do anything about it during d game? Hala Madrid!
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Abiodunspectre(m): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good or him
Because of him I won my games on Betway NG.
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
Abiodunspectre:
Good or him
Because of him I won my games on Betway NG.

grin Betway ambassador
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
sure odd for ppl
nigeria to lose next match stake very high its fixed.

Hahhahaha let me atleast av fun.

Karius should blame buhari nah. I blame him
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by onegig(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
Unluckrees:
And the Liverpool medic team didn't do anything about it during d game?
Hala Madrid!

Yeah...You seem to have eye defects. How do they intervene when the match official came over to Karius and he signalled that he was elbowed on the head and still yet the Referee looked at his time and waved on. FIFA/UEFA rules clearly state referees should stop the game if there's a blow to the head of player. It is standard operating procedure.

We all know how the night would have turned out. Shame other players wanted to show their skills and one player was just out to injure others..

We all wonder why football officiating is bad. This is one of it. No reprimands for referees . No reveiws. Other sports like NFL and Hockey have deployed Video assistants to great successes but in Football it is still a shitshow. They constantly review referees actions and take necessary measures but still yet nothing happens to referees in football for getting the game wrong.

Concussions aren't things you play with .
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Unluckrees(m): 5:55am On Jun 05, 2018
onegig:

Yeah...You seem to have eye defects. How do they intervene when the match official came over to Karius and he signalled that he was elbowed on the head and still yet the Referee looked at his time and waved on. FIFA/UEFA rules clearly state referees should stop the game if there's a blow to the head of player. It is standard operating procedure.

We all know how the night would have turned out. Shame other players wanted to show their skills and one player was just out to injure others..

We all wonder why football officiating is bad. This is one of it. No reprimands for referees . No reveiws. Other sports like NFL and Hockey have deployed Video assistants to great successes but in Football it is still a shitshow. They constantly review referees actions and take necessary measures but still yet nothing happens to referees in football for getting the game wrong.

Concussions aren't things you play with .

He must have suffered the concussion in the dressing room after the game, I believe Klopp rained him some blows. Mind you, Van Dirk pushed Ramos, who then collided with Karius...shud av bin a penalty for Real.
Re: LORIS KARIUS "Sustained A Concussion" During Liverpool's Champions League Final by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 10, 2018
XFlame:
sure odd for ppl
nigeria to lose next match stake very high its fixed.

Hahhahaha let me atleast av fun.

Karius should blame buhari nah. I blame him

i know naija wl loose stupid players

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Agree Deal To Land Fred From Shakhtar Donetsk / Meet The Man That Designed Super Eagles 2018 World Cup Jersery / How Are The Gamblers Coping With All This Unusual Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.