Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence (30306 Views)

Fake Pastor Hypnotizes Boy Sent On Errand [Photo] / Boy Sent On An Errand Loses The Money To Betting In Ipaja, Lagos / Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison Months After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by fabinfos(f): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2018
​Peter Toluwabori, an alleged internet fraudster, was on Monday remanded at the Kirikiri Prisons in Lagos by an Ikeja Special Offences Court for allegedly destroying some evidence to be used by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Toluwabori, 26, whose address was not given, was remanded by Justice Mojisola Dada, following his “not-guilty’’ plea to a two-count charge of destroying evidence and aiding crime.

“This case is adjourned until June 26 for trial and the defendant shall be remanded in prison custody,” Dada said.

According to Mrs Zainab Ettu, the prosecuting counsel for the EFCC, the defendant committed the offence on April 10 in Ikeja, Lagos.

“The defendant destroyed his android phone, an MTN SIM no. 08100994395 and a Globacom SIM no. 08073175280.

“He willfully destroyed the items to avoid them being used as evidence against him in a judicial proceeding.

“Toluwabori also aided one Peter Samuel who goes by the alias Daniel Johnson by receiving codes in his (Toluwabori’s) email address which ispeter_olamide64@yahoo.com.

“He forwarded the email address to Samuel to use via his (Samuel’s) emaildavey77@gmail.com to obtain money by false pretences,” she alleged.

Ettu said the defendant committed the offences with Samuel, who is still at large.

The offences contravened Sections 16(1) and 91(1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011.

http://kikiotolu.com/yahoo-boy-sent-to-prison-for-destroying-efcc-evidence/

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by HungerBAD: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by ezebrightike: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2018
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 05, 2018
Too much Hollywood movies is affecting every sector of Nigeria to an extent everyone seems to be acting it in real life.

Destruction of evidence kwa? When did that part of the constitution came to life undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by adesina746: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2018
Naija my country. Everyday drama
Isokai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by johnime: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Breaking news. Liverpool FC are demanding the 1989 title decider v Arsenal at Anfield be replayed as Bruce Grobbelaar had a mild chest infection.
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by judecares1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
the Nigerian efcc are the advanced yahoo boys which we have in the country now

useless set of people

11 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by ToluSuo(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ibori even dey he name... No wonder taste prison like your godfather... Moral never ever name your son Ibori!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Meekdon: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
tikaboi smiley
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Meekdon: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
johnime:
Breaking news. Liverpool FC are demanding the 1989 title decider v Arsenal at Anfield be replayed as Bruce Grobbelaar had a mild chest infection.
which time i wan watch the match smiley
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Oduwils222(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
This is Nigeria Everybody be criminal.
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by dreamworld: 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
Is he afonja?

But the guy is not guilty of any crime

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by mania92(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
Buhari... you dy see watin you cause Ehn

For cheapest data subscription plan of all network check my signature
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by nabegibeg: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2018
fabinfos:
​Peter Toluwabori, an alleged internet fraudster, was on Monday remanded at the Kirikiri Prisons in Lagos by an Ikeja Special Offences Court for allegedly destroying some evidence to be used by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Toluwabori, 26, whose address was not given, was remanded by Justice Mojisola Dada, following his “not-guilty’’ plea to a two-count charge of destroying evidence and aiding crime.

“This case is adjourned until June 26 for trial and the defendant shall be remanded in prison custody,” Dada said.

According to Mrs Zainab Ettu, the prosecuting counsel for the EFCC, the defendant committed the offence on April 10 in Ikeja, Lagos.

“The defendant destroyed his android phone, an MTN SIM no. 08100994395 and a Globacom SIM no. 08073175280.

“He willfully destroyed the items to avoid them being used as evidence against him in a judicial proceeding.

“Toluwabori also aided one Peter Samuel who goes by the alias Daniel Johnson by receiving codes in his (Toluwabori’s) email address which ispeter_olamide64@yahoo.com.

“He forwarded the email address to Samuel to use via his (Samuel’s) emaildavey77@gmail.com to obtain money by false pretences,” she alleged.

Ettu said the defendant committed the offences with Samuel, who is still at large.

The offences contravened Sections 16(1) and 91(1) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011.

http://kikiotolu.com/yahoo-boy-sent-to-prison-for-destroying-efcc-evidence/

one less miscreant to worry about

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by olasco18(m): 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
Our flat head brothers with criminality are lik 5 and 6..no wonder dey all hate baba buhari.....
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by blowjob: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
because,MOST GUYS ,FOR NAIRALAND ARE BROKE.... grin grin..EVERYTIME ,YAHOO THIS,YAHOO THAT..... grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by oshe11: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
Video of the boy destroying the evidence

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by oshe11: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
ToluSuo:
Ibori even dey he name... No wonder taste prison like your godfather... Moral never ever name your son Ibori!!!
But you can name him Tinubu ba?
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by ThatCEO: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
A functional security agency don't need the damn phone or sim cards to retrieve whatever evidence he thinks he destroyed.

The young man should get his lawyer, and charge the police for destruction of properties.

It's their words against his own

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
cheesy

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by SalamRushdie: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
It's never the responsibility of a suspect to provide evidence against himself which is what the American Miranda rights and 5th amendments seek to protect ...poor call from the judge ...its up to the EFCC to prove what he destroyed is actually a criminal evidence because in the eye of the law the suspect only destroyed his personal property which where just phones and SIM until proven otherwise ...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by chigoizie7(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
This is trash.

That means, u are holding him for no reason.
Like, no evidence against him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by jaxxy(m): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
If u commit a crime especially a local one/fraud and u get caught u will do the time. Its the law and order.
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by oshobugie22: 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
Rubbish

And we call this law which evidence una wan. Use against am now oo

Useless pple called EFCC
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Flamezzz: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
Abeg when them start to dey track person through mail kwa? Ain't that suppose to be confidential some' undecided
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Hedonisst: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
They're mad (EFCC). So I destroyed my own SIM card and my own phone, how is it your business? Don't go and do solid investigation work and advanced IT intercepts, stay there and be looking for my own property or my own confession to use as evidence against me. Useless agency filed with unintelligent and incompetent idiots.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
Double wahala for deadii body
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by Hedonisst: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:
It's never the responsibility of a suspect to provide evidence against himself which is what the American Miranda rights and 5th amendments seek to protect ...poor call from the judge ...its up to the EFCC to prove what he destroyed is actually a criminal evidence because in the eye of the law the suspect only destroyed his personal property which where just phones and SIM until proven otherwise ...

That is my problem with Nigerian law enforcement, including EFCC and the police. Very incompetent and lazy bunch. They always want you to provide evidence that they will use against you. That's what they call "grilling" or "interrogation". What nonsense. Am I supposed to confess against myself, so that you would use my confession as evidence in court? Am I supposed to give you my phone and laptop so that you would use it as evidence?

The whole thing is laughable really.

13 Likes

Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by leofab(f): 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
Lol
Re: Yahoo Boy Sent To Prison For Destroying EFCC Evidence by ckmayoca: 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
if evidence is destroyed then no case

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sports Betting: Man In Uyo Hangs Himself Over N22,000 Loss / Cultists In Bonny,Rivers Denounce & Handover Their Weapons To Government / My Brother Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed In Lagos On His Way To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.