Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Sad State Of Our Hospitals (Especially Government Owned) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sad State Of Our Hospitals (Especially Government Owned) (351 Views)

COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria / Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost / The Moment A Couple Lost Their Child In A Government-Owned Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sad State Of Our Hospitals (Especially Government Owned) by LarryBee1k: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2018
The general state of Nigeria hospital is very bad, back in my home town, the staffs are nice to me, may be because they know my parents. But still it's still bad.

Now u have opportunity to visit another state in the west, osun state to be precise. The hospital name is asubiaro hospital. The hospital has a good structure, and it's big but the staffs and how things work there is nothing good to write about. I was told the government is not helping the situation like refusing to pay salaries. In the hospital they charge everyone for hand glove(#50) which I have no problem with since government refuses to pay. Then all the drugs are not free (only paracetamol is free).

What annoyed me is they collect money for diagnosis, what should be free, government own machines, they are charging exorbitant prices, I was annoyed. Then this morning I heard another story about the hospital, which is very displeasing to ears. I heard that they give pregnant women some drugs which will render them incapable of giving birth themselves(through labor) then they charge them each 150k for the c-section. And the saddest thing is they force them to take the drug in front of them.

If you know you're are a doctor or member of Nigeria medical organizations or you know members of the two mentioned above, do something about this, do some findings, these people are supposed to help people not killed them.
Re: Sad State Of Our Hospitals (Especially Government Owned) by RemedyLab: 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
Secure your general wellbeing with common herbs and spices as well as other healthy lifestyle habits all for free.

Check my signature below to get started

(1) (Reply)

Cucumber Seed Oil 10 Beauty Benefits / Most Effective Penis Exercises To Stop PE And Strengthen Erections / Warning Signs Of A Stroke [please Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.