Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Ways To Prepare Before You Switch Careers From Journalism To Marketing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways To Prepare Before You Switch Careers From Journalism To Marketing (302 Views)

Which Of These Two Careers Can Help Me Migrate To The US? / Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism / Three Tips To Successfully Switch Careers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Prepare Before You Switch Careers From Journalism To Marketing by ValourDigest(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
WAYS TO PREPARE BEFORE YOU SWITCH CAREERS FROM JOURNALISM TO MARKETING
You may have read that journalism has been in its death throes for the last decade. That’s bad news for many, but it struck me as particularly horrific when I entered the workforce six years ago hoping to be a professional writer.
I’ve worked as a staff writer and editor for both digital and print publications since then, all while the industry felt like it was coming apart at the seams. There were plenty of positives along the way—nothing feels better than interviewing artists you love or landing a magazine feature. But at every stop I’ve made, journalists tend to describe themselves as huddling in a foxhole.
Read more……. http://valourdigest.com/ways-to-prepare-before-you-switch-careers-from-journalism-to-marketing/

5 BELIEFS THAT KEEP YOU BROKE
The subject of money is a big topic for a lot of people. Thoughts of “How am I going to pay my mortgage?” “Will I ever get out of debt?” “Will I ever be able to retire?” stream through our mind.
As we ponder, worry, or even stress about money we use up a lot of bandwidth for our brains. Therefore, we have less energy to go towards creativity, peace, joy, happiness, the ability to solve problems, or feel that we have any control over our lives.
Read more……. http://valourdigest.com/5-beliefs-that-keep-you-broke-money/

COSTLY MISTAKES TO AVOID WHEN TRAVELLING ABROAD
We all make mistakes, but when it comes to travelling abroad, we can make costly mistakes without even trying. Some of them are quick to fix and easily forgotten, others can be expensive, and time-consuming. When next you are travelling abroad, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, highlight mistakes you should avoid.
FAILING TO CHECK THEIR PASSPORT DATES
Did you know that many countries require your passport to be valid for at least six months after your return? If you go through customs with a passport that is soon to expire, you may be turned away. Check the passport regulations for your destination country well in advance of your trip.
Read more…… http://valourdigest.com/costly-mistakes-to-avoid-when-travelling-abroad/

13 HOME REMEDIES FOR STOMACH ACHE (SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE)
It’s back. That I-feel-like-I-was-punched-in-the-stomach sensation that leaves you hunched over, nauseated, and without an appetite. We’ve all been there, whether because we ate something bad or because there is another digestive health issue at play. Either way, you need relief – fast.
Before you rush off to the pharmacy to pick up a big bottle of Tums or chug Pepto Bismol, I’d like you to consider these home remedies for stomach ache that can not only take the edge off quickly, but help to address the reason why you have the stomach ache in the first place.
Below are 13 home remedies for a stomach ache:
Read more…….. http://valourdigest.com/13-home-remedies-for-stomach-ache-simple-and-effective/

WORLD CUP 2018 SQUADS: THE 23-MAN LIST FOR EVERY COUNTRY – IN FULL
The 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia begins on June 14 and ends on July 15, with 32 squads from around the globe taking part in football’s most prestigious tournament.

Of the 32 teams taking part, 20 of those will be making back-to-back appearances, including reigning champions Germany, while less recognised national sides such as Iceland and Panama are making their first appearances.
Similarly, fans of the beautiful game will see star household names such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo represent their respective countries, but will also have the privilege of discovering new faces as coaches look to break in a new generation of younger players.
Read more……. http://valourdigest.com/world-cup-2018-squads-the-23-man-list-for-every-country-in-full/

(1) (Reply)

For Your Writing To Spark Fire In The Minds Of Readers, Ask These Questions / Ultra Media Solutions / My Long Awaited Submission To The People Of Twon Brass Is Finally Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.