Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Our Women Can Dream Again --the Change We Seek - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Our Women Can Dream Again --the Change We Seek (364 Views)

We Seek Corps Members In Lagos State. / We Seek Corps Members In Lagos State. / Oriyomi Hamzat And UI SUG Seek Justice For Richard Gbadebo Philips That Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Women Can Dream Again --the Change We Seek by BrainsOverSexua: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2018
I received the news of my call-up letter with mixed feelings --the feeling of joy, that I was going to serve --the feeling of sadness, that I was going to serve in the North: Kano state...
We all wore white and white, all white; we did parade; did all camp activities.
Camp POP came, we all got our posting letter --some got Karaye, others Municipal, many fagge, mammoth got nassarawa. I got Garko LGA. She got posted to Kano polytechnic. I was posted to a boys secondary school in Sarina
She, in her quest to leave her imprint in her community, she saw they lacked something that gave life --water. There were scarcely boreholes around the community.
She decided it was time to rise above societal stereotype against women --that women ought not to dream; that, they are meant for the kitchen.
She started looking for sponsors (this is the most herculean task i ever embarked on as a corps member.) She must have suffered rejection, some bit of naysayers... She strived on. Not giving up, she pressed onward to the highest mark --a borehole in her community.
Colleagues, females especially must have told her: "babe enjoy life; nobody will recognise; flex and have fun. Personal CDs is for the boys"
Fast track it to the date of the commissioning of her project, dignitaries, CoreTV, Nysc Coordinator,Kano, Traditional rulers, politicians, top-level government officials were all present to commission her dream into reality.
Did you know she single-handedly raised One million, one hundred thousand naira (#1,100,000) as she dug a borehole in that community during the course of her personal Community development service project?
She might not be your regular hair obsessed slay queen, but to that 85 years old woman in that community, she is the sexiest girl alive cos she brought life to her in form of water...
PS: She won the best corps member in Kano state for 2017 batchA stream 1,
This is our cry -- that our women dare to dream and impact...
Nysc is not a year of obscenity, rather a year of increased sanity...
The power of dreams
# WeWontKeepQuiet
# BrainsOverSexuality

(1) (Reply)

Easy Accommodation For Corpers / Company Registration / 18C Stream 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.