Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage (43355 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Mikel Obi, Ighalo Return For Nigeria (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by Itzogunsakin(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
Fukafuka:
Do you need one adsense account?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by billyadam(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
cheesy
Cool...but how is this money sourced?

LoL
Do you know how many rights FIFA sells to potential bidders. Not to talk of contribution they get year in year out from countries, companies and other organizations. Football is big business bro. What they are giving out is only a fraction compared to what they make.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by philcz(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Yankiss:

Chai, you wicked no be small grin grin
Abi you want make I lie? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by bluecircle470: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
vickzie:
what if Zuckerberg decides to give Dem a cheque of $500m for them to cancel the world cup

The money FIFA is making in this mundial is to the tune of $2.6billion my brother.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by sureinfo: 6:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
hmm see money,no be small thing o,i hope to win my 300million from betway.ng sha
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by ritvin(f): 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
[[b][choi! A little credit. 38 million dat is good 4 d goose is also good 4 d gander.]
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by ritvin(f): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=philcz post=68234827] grin So Nija will only get $8m. Cool though.[38 million dat is good. D goose is also good 4 d gander. We b gander have hope my dear]
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by philcz(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
ritvin:
Lol, I don't like lying
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by Lastanza: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
cheapgoals:
The breakdown of the cash prize for each team that qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia has been revealed. A total sum of $400 million will be appropriately distributed among the 32 nations that will participate in the Mundial and as every country advances they more they earn from World football governing body FIFA

The prize money available for dissemination at the 2018 FIFA World Cup has increased from $358 million in Brazil 2014 to $400 million according to Statista.

Here’s how much each team could win:

• 16 teams eliminated after the Group Stage will receive $8 million [/b]each
• 8 teams eliminated after the Round 16 receive [b]$12 million
each
• 4 teams eliminated in the Quarter Finals receive $16 million each
• The team finishing fourth will receive $22 million
• The team finishing third will receive $24 million
• The runner-up will receive $28 million
• The winner of the prestigious World Cup will take home a whopping sum of $38 million

Aside from the sum that the teams would win, every one of the 32 qualifying countries will get a preparation fee of $1.5 million each.

http://cheapgoals.com/2018-world-cup-the-breakdown-of-cash-prize-for-each-stage/

Clarification please! The money received upfront as a country qualifies, is is a cumulative of all the money the get from group stage or the money is for dat particular stage.
Like the 12million given to the teams eliminated at the round of 16. Is it together with the initial 8million or the 12million is in addition to the 8 million?

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by cyborg123(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
billyadam:

LoL
Do you know how many rights FIFA sells to potential bidders. Not to talk of contribution they get year in year out from countries, companies and other organizations. Football is big business bro. What they are giving out is only a fraction compared to what they make.
lordjosh:

FIFA MAKE MONEY FROM:
1. T.V RIGHTS
2. MARKETING RIGHTS
3. TICKETING RIGHTS
4. HOSPITALITY RIGHTS
5. LICENSING RIGHTS
6. SPONSORS
Thanks. New things learnt.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by tafat: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
that 300million from betway go really make sense o
sureinfo:
hmm see money,no be small thing o,i hope to win my 300million from betway.ng sha
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
cheesy
advertisement and your dstv subscription

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
kevoh:
$8 million dollars is already sure for the Super Chickens! grin grin
say wetin
minister and ministry go chop am
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
OChimex:
Good. But watch NFF steal that money. I bet you the 23 comedians that call themselves super eagles will lack everything necessary during this tournament, then finally their allowances won't be paid. Imagine fulfilling a promise after 22 years to give Bonfire Joe that parking store they call a house. What a shame as a nation.

What is really wrong with Nigerians? Corruption is everywhere we know, but chop your own and give others what is due to them.
Nigerians refuse to pay the price to fight corruption. if players strike now na una go talk say dem no de patriotic
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
MONITZ:
Those idiots at NFF re surely going to loot our own share of this windfall...
1. they are not idiots, we are
2. no be una allow den loot d moni
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by Charlyboy440(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
vickzie:
what if Zuckerberg decides to give Dem a cheque of $500m for them to cancel the world cup

Guy this ur mentality cast oo..
How can u use money to cancel the largest and popular football tournament?.. Lol.

Even FIFA won't even try it! They will make more than 400m, through tickets, advertisements, endorsement, etc

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by cnonyechi(f): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
cheesy

Ajuju question
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by vickzie(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
bluecircle470:

The money FIFA is making in this mundial is to the tune of $2.6billion my brother.
mark can still double that for them without breaking a sweat
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by cyborg123(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
cnonyechi:

Ajuju question
What does 'ajuju' mean, ma'am?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
cyborg123:
cheesy

TV rights and ticket sales.

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by Esijoy: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
Some people are just overly pessimistic
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MONITZ: 12:15am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

1. they are not idiots, we are
2. no be una allow den loot d moni

How do u mean Abeg?,I am neither the agency burdened with that responsibility nor do I work there..
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by bluecircle470: 2:07am On Jun 07, 2018
vickzie:

mark can still double that for them without breaking a sweat

What mark is giving out as charity in four years is not even up to $2billion. Pls get your information right before commenting.
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:24am On Jun 07, 2018
MONITZ:

How do u mean Abeg?,I am neither the agency burdened with that responsibility nor do I work there..
yeah you are
you are burdened with the responsibility of choosing the leader of the agency?
this is the laziness we're talking
everybody wan go heaven
nobody wan kpai
how?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MONITZ: 6:37am On Jun 07, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
yeah you are
you are burdened with the responsibility of choosing the leader of the agency?
this is the laziness we're talking
everybody wan go heaven
nobody wan kpai
how?

Hmm my guy I nor still get u oh ,if u meant elections proper as in voting in competent hands using my PVC then I will understand but this agency we re talking about was appointed by his political mentor ...
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:45am On Jun 07, 2018
MONITZ:

Hmm my guy I nor still get u oh ,if u meant elections proper as in voting in competent hands using my PVC then I will understand but this agency we re talking about was appointed by his political mentor ...
who appointed the political mentor......?
Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by nonye6194: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2018
cyborg123:
cheesy

TV rights, sponsorships. you shouldn't be asking this, the world cup is the biggest competition of the most popular sport on earth

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by Abdstrakt(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
As fans we won't smell that money but betway, bet9ja or nairabet must pay me my own share. This world cup must pay me thats all I know

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage by cnonyechi(f): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2018
cyborg123:

What does 'ajuju' mean, ma'am?

It means ajuju

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etim ‘Ironbar’ Bassey Is Broke, Fills Potholes In Ajah Lagos. Gofundme Launched / Wenger To Replace Mourinho At Manchester United / Rashidat Yemisi Rashidi Yekini Graduates From De Montfort University UK (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.