Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

What Can You Offer After Your Certificate? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Can You Offer After Your Certificate? (267 Views)

Who Would You Offer Your Seat If You Were In The Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Offer After Your Certificate? by whizpet: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
What can you offer after your certificate?

By Ogunsona Peter.

I was in my uncle's office earlier today, I saw many young graduates from various universities and higher institutions seeking job. Some were dressed up in shirt with pant trousers while the rest were in suit all because of five vacant positions.

After so much questions and answers, they were told to go and wait till there would be notification on their phone to come back. Immediately, I was wondering how on earth would they get this position because the number was quite enormous.

There is this secretary in the office, good looking lady who told me to come closer, this was after every applicants had left. She told me to glance through their CVs (Curriculum Vitae), which I did and what I saw in the academic section was amazing. Almost 90% graduated with second class (upper division). She saw the expression on my face and said, if you can wait for about two hours all these CVs will be trashed in the bin. I was so heartbroken and filled with gloom.

The truth is, we can start our own business instead of seeking jobs that is not there. We always look for white collar jobs which oftentimes can't pay us to our own satisfaction.

Some guys have wasted so much money on irrelevant things, things that are inessential to buy at that moment. The 'just 100k' you lavished, if planned well, might have saved you from this mess you are in. Because you are lucky to come across this huge amount of money, you surmised that you no longer belong to this class, I want to move from this one bedroom flat to 3 bedroom flat in Lekki. Who told you that life is as smooth as sheet of a polished brass or as smooth as surface of a pebble?

You as a lady, you have your B.Sc, yes we know, after this certificate, what can you offer? We have thousands of people with same certificates. "Me? I can't be doing hairdressing because we have quite large number of people doing likewise or because one of my friends is doing same." Please do remember that you are a graduate that's why you can use that wisdom to supercede your friend. What's the usefulness of social media? Go online and post what you're doing. I bet you, you will never lack money. This is for the meantime. These days, men and women don't marry because you have B.sc, M.sc or H.N.D. What can you offer as a wife, as a husband? Some husbands and wives' parents do regret letting their child get married to a particular person. You are the best graduating student in your school, yes we know. what can you offer after this?

I'm shy, I don't want my friends to know that i will be selling this, since I'm a graduate, but you are not shy while having sex with that 'side chick' which is not your fiancé just because of #1500?

Some will even go on mountain to pray, fast and spend 101 days seeking God's favor without doing anything. What will God bless you for? Yes I believe in miracle, but faith without works is dead. You can't just fold your hands and be praying.

Do you know that there is this joy you have while walking to the ATM to cash out your hard earned money? Money you know that you worked for, money that is not from your uncles or aunties.

We have seen marriages broken down not because of lack of love but lack of money. There are some husbands that do not have say in his wife's family just because of lack of money.

Get something doing, look around and see what people are lacking. That's why you are you, that's why you are unique. I have people doing this, he or she doesn't get more money from it, fine, but you can rebrand it to suit your customers. The problem about us is that we do select, we are selective of the job we want. Not all of us can work in oil company.

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Will Allow Up To An Hour Video Clip Soon / NCC Expects Release Of New Price For Data / Bayelsa House Member Donates For Construction Of Floating Latrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.