Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Intel Builds 28-hour Laptop Battery Life. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Builds 28-hour Laptop Battery Life. (772 Views)

✈✳✅ 9hours Battery Life Laptop ( 2016 Dell Latitude E5470 Core I5 ) / ✈✳✅ SOLD ❌❌❌ 2016 Dell Latitude E3470 Core I5 8HOURS BATTERY LIFE / ✈✳✅6hours Battery Life GUARANTEED Dell Latitude E5450 500GB Core i7 12GB Ram — (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intel Builds 28-hour Laptop Battery Life. by VondaNews: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
More battery life. We all want it, but batteries aren't improving, at least not quickly enough. So companies have to find battery savings elsewhere. But when it comes to laptops, chipmaker Intel may have just found a veritable jackpot. According to the company, Intel's new Low Power Display Technology will let a standard lightweight laptop run up to 28 hours on a charge.

Intel says it's using a special LCD panel from Sharp and Innolux that consumes just 1 watt of power. That's half as much as a similar laptop screen would use before.
Intel says a standard Dell XPS 13 with the screen installed lasted 25 hours and 14 minutes, while a prototype Intel device managed the full 28 hours.

More generally, the company's forecasting 4 to 8 hours of local video file playback for systems that adopt the technology.Mind you, when Intel says "28 hours," you should know we're probably not talking about heavy use. The company also claims the existing Dell XPS 13 already manages 20 hours on a charge, but we only saw 12 hours of streaming video playback in our review.

That gives you some perspective.Intel also says its 28-hour run was with the screen set to 150 nits of brightness (dimmer than you might be used to) and using headphones instead of speakers.And if you want to take advantage of improved battery life, you probably won't be able to simply install a new Sharp or Innolux screen in your existing PC.

It requires Intel's power management solution, plus The Verge reports that it only works with Intel's integrated graphics, not the Nvidia or AMD solutions you might want for gaming.But when it comes to battery life, I'll take what I can get

http://techbroom.com/intel-teases-28-hour-laptop-battery-life/

(1) (Reply)

Your VPN Is Not As Safe As You Think, AND You Should Be Concerned. / Premium Tecno PHANTOM 5 For Sale / How Much Can I Get This RAM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.