Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Michael Moore Predicts Trump Will Win Re-Election In 2020 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michael Moore Predicts Trump Will Win Re-Election In 2020 (273 Views)

A New Party Without "Structure" Has Won The Presidential Election In Kenya(photo / Draupadi Murmu Wins Presidential Election In India (Pictured) / David Andahl Who Died Of COVID-19 Wins Election In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Michael Moore Predicts Trump Will Win Re-Election In 2020 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
Michael Moore Predicts Trump Will Win Re-Election in 2020
8:59 AM PDT 8/29/2017 by Lorena O'Neil

The filmmaker is working to change the outcome he currently foresees.

Michael Moore correctly predicted that Donald Trump would win the presidency this past November, and in a new interview with Fast Company he is saying he thinks Trump will be re-elected come 2020.

"I should say re-appointed, because we will have an even larger population that will vote against him in 2020,” the filmmaker told the magazine. "But he will win those electoral states as it stands now."

Moore currently has an anti-Trump show on Broadway called The Terms of My Surrender, and the filmmaker said he's working to change how presidential election results are determined by the next cycle.

"Here's the good news: We don't have to convince a single Trump voter to vote differently because we already have the majority," said Moore, referring to how Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by almost 3 million votes.

Moore is looking hopefully at the National Popular Vote interstate compact, an accord in which states agree to award all of their electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the popular vote. He said that even though it's a long shot, with only 10 states and Washington, D.C., having signed on so far, he looks to the uphill battle women had to secure the right to vote.

Moore also thinks there is hope in the younger generation. "We've raised a generation of kids who don't hate people on the basis of race, or they don't hate somebody because they're in love with somebody of the same gender," he said. "Nearly 70 percent of the country is either female, people of color or young adults between 18 and 35, or a combination of the three. The angry white guy is dying out, and the Census Bureau has already told us that by 2050, white people are going to be the minority, and I’m not sad to say I can't wait for that day to happen. I hope I live long enough to see it, because it will be a better country."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-moore-predicts-trump-win-election-2020-1033599

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Child Trafficking Bid Foiled At A Nigerian Airport / Thailand Cave Update: All 12 Boys Including Coach Rescued / Ugandan Constitutional Amendment Clears Way For Museveni Reelection After 32...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.