Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO (548 Views)

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by Omooba77: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dear Nigerians, I am delighted to announce that, after due consultations, the Federal Govt has decided that henceforth, June 12 will be celebrated as Democracy Day.
We have also decided to award posthumously the highest Honour in the land, GCFR, to the late Chief MKO Abiola.

Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
Really?

That's good.
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by UAE123(m): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
I seriously prefer the celebration of DEMOCRACY DAY on June 12 every year to that of May 29 because of the struggle that follows the annulment of the 1993 presidential election. But the government should have started it right from the 2016 celebration. Well it is better late than never. I also like the like honour bestowed on Chief MKO Abiola
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by clevvermind(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
We don't have democracy before with this crazy government. They can cancel it if they like.
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by dele31: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
Finally, the needful had been done. Its a big shame to OBJ who benefitted immensely from the struggle of late MKO Abiola but never do anything to pay back.

Nigerians will never forget the labour of hero's past.
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by yemmight(m): 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
No matter how you hate this man, for him to take this step of recognizing June 12 as Democracy day, he has done well. I remember when we had our OBJ and he failed to recognize that day, even as people were clamouring for it. Jonathan came he never saw anything meaningful in declaring June 12. For me, Buhari has done well on this.

1 Like

Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by koma1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
Buhari is extending his handover date grin
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by CodeTemplar: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
It takes a dictator to change 'democrazy' day in a demonstration of craze.
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by letusbepieces: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
June 12 or May 29th Nigeria is a joke and Buhari does not know wat he is doing.

We will celebrate the day Yoruba got a blooded nose from Hausa.

Ndiigbo, we made a mistake to agree to join nation with both yoruba and hausa comedians.

Though, i suspect Tinubu yorubas have something to do with this becos they see Igbos remembering Biafra Dead.
Re: FG Declears June 12 Democracy Day; Honours MKO by 4Kemzy(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oga Buhari is trying to pacify my peeps from western Nigeria in order to sway votes seeing that things have really gone bad lately. Anyways it's still back to daura come June 12 2018.

(1) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Proceed To Restructure Nigeria, Cecilia Ibru Urges Buhari / Ekiti Election: PDP Governor Congratulates Fayemi / Chopped Their Money Fine And Dump Their Ballots Into Dustbin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.