Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

The US Dollar Reimagined - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The US Dollar Reimagined (562 Views)

It’s Over: Saudi Arabia Just Broke The US Dollar / BRICS Nations Announce Their Own Currency To Break Away From The US Dollar / Why The World Is Dumping The US Dollar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The US Dollar Reimagined by BruncleZuma: 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
What Would U.S. Money Look Like, Given the Proper Attention of an Industrial Designer?

Bills so pretty you'd never spend them

By RAIN NOE

Industrial designer Andrey Avgust hails from Belarus, a country whose currency I admit I've never seen. But he's seen our yankee dollars and recognizes that their design kind of stinks.

For fun Avgust gave U.S. bills a redesign, starting with the material: Polymer.

Then he took the design iconography of current American cash and reimagined it within a new window, flipping the orientation from landscape to portrait (except for one shot of the stubbornly horizontal White House):

He had a bit of fun with the anti-counterfeiting measures too, imagining what metameric (optically variable) inks would look like under a black light:

Of course, money this gorgeous would never work in America. If I owned something that pretty I'd want to keep it. The powers that be would prefer we spend.

Source: http://www.core77.com/posts/78051/What-Would-US-Money-Look-Like-Given-the-Proper-Attention-of-an-Industrial-Designer

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: The US Dollar Reimagined by Giddymoney(m): 9:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
It looks disgusting!!

More like Jehovah witness books.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump's UK Visit: Security To Gulp £18m / Iran's Irgc Releases Images Of ‘downed Us Drone’, Says Could Have Down Another M / Indian Environmental Still Works To Keep City Clean Despite Lockdown (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.