Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,152 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:16 PM

June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori (570 Views)

Senate Passes Bill Recognising June 12 As Democracy Day / June 12 As Democracy Day Needs To Be Reconsidered, By Bashir Tofa / House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori by kahal29: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
One-time Executive Secretary of the national Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and an arrowhead of the June 12 Movement, Chief Frank Kokori, has described the formalization of the date as the National Democracy Day as the triumph of truth over injustice.

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Kokori said the news of the proclamation by President Muhammadu Buhari and the posthumous honours conferred of the icon of the struggle, the late Chief Moshood Abiola, made him the happiest living man.
Kokori, who reflected on the harsh conditions that all those involved in the struggle had to put up with, however said the decision of President Buhari to take the bold decision, though he was the least person such an action was expected from, would embolden Nigerians to engage in more patriotic actions.

“First of all I thank God for everything, I thank God that today the country has finally come to end that big controversy about June 12 and May 29. I thank the president for doing that, at least, at this time.

He was the least person I actually expected to do this because we had expected that during the 8 years of President Obasanjo, with the pressure at that time, with Gani Faweyinmi still alive, with people like us still active, we thought he would declare that day the democracy day and make it a public holiday.

“I am the happiest man in this country today because I now realize that the struggle we made, especially my union; NUPENG and PENGASSAN, was not in vain and most of us who suffered terrible deprivation at that time. I am happy to be alive this day. They even said it is above October 1 because that was the day that we really fought for freedom and I have always said it everywhere.

I am one of the happiest people on earth today and I appreciate this government because it is this government to come to realize the importance of that day.

“Before it used to be only Lagos and some Yoruba state that were recognizing it, but now it is a national holiday. What a good news for me and those of us who are still alive, who fought in that struggle in the civil society and labour. I give a special tribute to my union; NUPENG and PENGASSAN. We suffered deprivation, just as people must suffer deprivation in struggle and some will pay the supreme sacrifice.

“This is to say that no matter how long injustice lasts, at the end of the day goodness and truth will triumph. That is what has happened to us today. The significance for Nigerians is that it tells us that when you struggle for your country, such struggles are never in vain. Many have mocked us that we have been forgotten, they say those who never struggled for democracy are the ones enjoying our democracy today.

“Today we have been recognized and though I’m no more in the union, I will want NUPENG to get involved in this from now on; all June 12, NUPENG can come out and flaunt their muscles that they were the heroes and the arrowhead of that struggle”, he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/june-12-as-democracy-day-this-is-the-triumph-of-over-injustice-kokori/
Re: June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori by letusbepieces: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA, ANOTHER GOV CAN ENTER THERE AND RETURN DEMOCRACY DAY BACK TO 29TH MAY.

I KNOW SENTIMENT WILL NOT HELP U TO COMPREHEND THAT SIMPLE FACT.

FURTHER, DEMOCRACY DAY IS NOT ABIOLA DAY.

IS ABIOLA THE FIRST MAN DISPLACED BY MILITARY IN NIGERIA OR DEMOCRACY DISPLACED BY MILITARY?

ASK BUHARI TO CALL IT ABIOLA DAY.

OTHERWISE, HAUSA GO THEY LAUGH YORUBA ON JUNE 12, WEN ABACHA BECAME PRESIDENT AND POWER WENT NORTH.

Again, Buhari lauds Sani Abacha

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/269444-again-buhari-lauds-late-kleptocrat-dictator-sani-abacha.html
Re: June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori by nwaanambra1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
bribe things to ndi ofe! grin

buharu really want this his second term by all means!

next he will foolishly declare ojukwu's birthday to be igbo day with the hope that it will give him loads of igbo votes! grin

the killing of nnamdi kanu alone is enough to send him back to daura - how much of the herdsmen killings in the north and middle belt which has already destroyed all the votes he would av garnered from those sides.

am still trying to imagine the miracle that will retain him in aso rock come 2019 - unless of course massive rigging which has been experimented in kaduna using the so-called electronic voting system programmed by elrufai indians to favour any of his anointed candidate - which was a massive success cheesy
Re: June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2018

Re: June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori by CecyAdrian(f): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
letusbepieces:
THIS IS NIGERIA, ANOTHER GOV CAN ENTER THERE AND RETURN DEMOCRACY DAY BACK TO 29TH MAY.

IS ABIOLA THE FIRST MAN DISPLACED BY MILITARY IN NIGERIA OR DEMOCRACY DISPLACED BY MILITARY?

OTHERWISE, HAUSA GO THEY LAUGH YORUBA ON JUNE 12, WEN ABACHA BECAME PRESIDENT AND POWER WENT NORTH.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/269444-again-buhari-lauds-late-kleptocrat-dictator-sani-abacha.html

No other govt can try shit!

1 Like

Re: June 12 As Democracy Day: This Is The Triumph Of Over Injustice – Kokori by Aquariann: 12:46am On Jun 07, 2018
letusbepieces:

You go soon enter Market you hear.. Continue spamming every thread about June 12 with this drivel.

If e pain you too much, just drink chill water, breathe in and out deeply and you go dey alright. Then avoid other June 12 threads.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Why We’re Saddened By Buhari’s Action – NUPENG / 5yrs Old Taju Meets Governor Ajimobi Of Oyo State (pix) / Governor Ayade Test Runing The Rice Transplanting Machine At The Rice City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.