Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Toyota Avesis Start Problem - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Avesis Start Problem (698 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Avesis Start Problem by kpezi: 3:00pm On May 31, 2010
Please does anyone have idea of what could make my toyota avesis 1998 model hatchback not to start?

I have tried some technicians. Some said the fault is as a result of bad ECU while others are suspecting the cranksfta sensor. i have chaned the crankshahft sensor before now with a fairley used one when i experienced similar problem and it was solved. now they are saying the brain box is burnt and need replacement. the brainbox they have brought so far could not resolve the problem. maybe they require decoding and all that.

please any help from car electric gurus in the house? i will be most grateful.
Re: Toyota Avesis Start Problem by Onwan: 3:36pm On May 31, 2010
@Poster
I wish you had tried another Crankshaft sensor before having them touch the brainbox in the first place. BUT if they replaced the original ECU back the way it was and you were there to supervise the whole thing, then I will suggest you try another crankshaft sensor.

This is why its very good to buy at least 2 or 3 of those sensors once one solves a problem with them. I just hope they replaced the ECU exactly the way it was without stealing or misplacing anything there.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used(clean) Toyota Camry 1999 Model For Sale (in Perfect Condition)(850k) / Free Automatic Online Vehicle Tracking Centre / Scan Dat B4 Buying It, Try To Know Why Your Check Engine Light Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.