Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

“FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde (9981 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake / The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde by chikachuks1(m): 4:05am On Jun 07, 2018
It was my wedding night, I was so tired, I needed a bath and rest. We had danced so much my back was aching. Husband was beginning to have funny ideas. He was beaming like a new born baby. Well I won’t blame him, any man in his position would not joke with this night. Because, I was a warrior during our courtship ” No… No hugging, No pecking, No holding”. Sexual purity till my marriage was top on my list. This is something I can't stop doing .

The Knock came, I was thinking, half past 11pm, is that room service? I thought, then with eyes popping, I heard my mother in law’s iron like voice, ” Tise, Micheal open up” Micheal jumped up and rushed to the door, opened up for his mum. Mum in law walked in, sat down majestically and asked us to sit.

“Tise, I don’t know if anyone told you, there is a curse on my husband’s family line. The men in their family don’t prosper, the wives are the ones who work, and provide for the family.This is because, according to history, one of their forefathers killed the only son of a great herbalist. The herbalist then placed a curse on every son in that lineage that their hands will never produce forth good, also they must always lose a son amongst their children”. I watched in amazement as my mum in law kept talking history. She then concluded by saying ” In Essense, I just came to let you know that your marriage is not a land of Fun, but war”.

Why? Why didn’t she tell me this before now.?

Well, not to waste her time I also gave her my history.

“Mum, I am sorry, I also did not tell you this. I come from a family that fights for those we love. My Father actually died while trying to save his people. My family line does not operate under curses, because we are operating under a covenant of blessings. Therefore, anyone who is fortunate to marry us, becomes automatically fortunate. So mum, For my sake, Your son can not operate under that curse again”

Mum in law, was shocked to say the least, as I could tell what she was thinking. It then made sense, my Sis in laws always had this gloomy look, and two of them actually lost their sons.

“Mum, you need to go and rest, my husband and I need to produce Two sons this night. Because In my family line, we conceive immediately our husbands meet us”. My mum in law, stood up with caution and silently walked out.

That moment all the tiredness vanished, as I took Michael’s hand and looked him straight in the eye.

“Listen, I don’t care what you or your Ancestors have done, but for my sake, you will prosper with this hand. Listen, Paul and some criminals were on a ship and there was a shipwreck. The soldiers wanted to kill all criminals, to avoid them escaping, but the Army officer stopped them for the sake of saving Paul. Micheal, For Paul’s sake, the lives of other criminals were preserved. So sweetheart, because you are married to me, because we are in the same ship, yes this relationship called marriage, For my sake, you can’t be punished for your ancestors sin.”

That became my prayer plea to God from that day forward, I kept praying to God to save my husband, my Sons For my sake.

To the Glory of God, I have Four Sons, None of them died, Now, they have sons and daughters of their own.

For my Sake, my husband’s destiny changed for the best.

Dear reader, it is time to pray to God to save your family and those around you because you are in their lives. However, before God can honour that request, Make sure you are a Friend of God. Paul was not an ordinary person or a sinner, He was a friend of God.

Pray: Lord, For my sake save my loved ones, and those around me. Make me an asset in the lives of those around me in Jesus name. Make my presence In people’s live preserve ME and them in Jesus name.
http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/for-my-sake-2/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.