Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,039 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration (33501 Views)

MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo / MKO Abiola: Tinubu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by karfe(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
But does that mean tuesday is public holiday?

And did Buhari just extend his tenure by 13 days? undecided

grin grin grin
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by softmind24: 9:47am On Jun 07, 2018
With ekiti election at the corner he will not say something against it
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Just as expected of the asslicker.

Nigerians should stand up to this abuse of office.
Yes you can.
Dress up and go to work on June 12.

Nigeria is not a Banana republic where holidays are decreed at will to unmeriting individuals.
God forbid that I ever consider M.K.O Abiola a hero.
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Geesaintagape: 9:50am On Jun 07, 2018
Recognising Abiola not bad but we voted in APC for something else any govt can immortalise any body it considered an icon. I always confuse june 12 with democracy day every yr..
I kno no well thinking Nigerian sees this as achievement but a ploy to getting our vote to continue killing of Nigerians.
I pray no fellow Yoruba get carried away by this political craftiness.
I know any govt can revoke this unconstitutional award of GCFR so nothing more to this than political agenda of APC.
Thanks To Nigerians
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Moukandjo: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2018
ariesbull:
Abiola, The Yorubas and Their Friend Buhari, the messiah!

Now there is something to talk about for the next 2 weeks.
"He loves the Yorubas so much that he recognizes Abiola as "almost a president".
With June 12 recognition, Naira is now stronger!
With June 12 recognition, SARS and police are now good men who do not harass citizens.
With June 12 recognition, more money is in your banks personal account.
With June 12 recognition, there is now 24 hour electricity, hospitals are now good, roads motorable.
Oh you didn't know that Buhari loved Yorubas so much that he signed the "press statement" himself!
Oh it's a public holiday?
June 12 now a democracy day.
So Buhari now has "tenure elongation" for two weeks?
Clap for HIM!
Now you have something to talk about.
With June 12 "officially recognized", Fulani herdsmen have stopped killing villagers in Zamfara, Taraba and Benue.
Nigeria, is now safer, happier, and developed.
Now you have a distraction for another 14 days.
By the way, there have been people that were supposed to be given posthumous national awards but the Award Act they said does not allow giving national awards to dead people!
The woman that saved Nigerians, Stella Adedevoh from Ebola was not given a national award because she is dead!
Giving national honours to Abiola is illegal and against your constitution unless there is a law the former Chief Justice of the Federation does not know.
But your president in order to hoodwink and deceive Yorubas for their votes in 2019, is now democracy hero!
You have something to talk about for the next week.
Sorry, oh yea Nigerians.
What a people, what a generation!

Bla bla bla!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Alajiki(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes you can.

Nigeria is not a Banana republic where holidays are decreed at will to unmeriting individuals.

NwaLunatic grin

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2018
yorubaaz mumu sha...God 4giv me

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Antoeni(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2018
The name of PMB have finally written with golden pen in South west region, what our blood son� could not do in 8years of his reign our fulani enemy have done it within 3years, MKO democracy day, Lagos Ibadan railway� that will connect to other 36state, Abeokuta-ota express way, housing estate, Ajaokuta steel resurrection, Oyo badan express way, newly built Airport in Lagos just to mention few. Tinubu create additional LG in Lagos State your Obj refuse to pay the allocation the same Fulani man started paying the Lagos State government immediately he took over from him, OK now, tell me reason Yoruba will not vote for Fulani again.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by geezynoni: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes you can.

People like you are the Reason why Nigeria cannot move forward.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Macon1212: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2018
Election time president do this to pacify Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by lot14: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2018
frankly well desrved but Buhari need to do more. people are angry with you
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Kennydoc(m): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Omeokachie:
PDP (OBJ and GEJ administrations) missed a golden opportunity to honour MKO for his great contributions in the struggle for our democracy, by not declaring June 12 as democracy day.

They were more concerned about what the reaction of the North would be to such a declaration.

Today, Buhari has done it not because he appreciates MKO's contribution, but for desperation to hold on to power.
What has been the reaction of the north? Silence!!!

Because it has come from one of their own and they cannot be seen to fight a man that can drag everything down with him using state apparatus in such a fight.

Lesson to Southerners, do that which you know is right irrespective of what the majority (north) may think. Political correctness sometimes needs to be ignored when doing the right thing is concerned.

This clearly shows that the north is ruling Nigeria. Any critical decision in Nigeria can only fly when the north gives a nod. That's why even the talk about restructuring will not likely work out cos the north will never agree to it.
Honestly, I hate the system of democracy Nigeria is practising. It's so unfair and things are very unequal between the North and South. The South is still like a sub-colony under d North.
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by brodalokie: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Recognising Abiola not bad but we voted in APC for something else any govt can immortalise any body it considered an icon. I always confuse june 12 with democracy day every yr..
I kno no well thinking Nigerian sees this as achievement but a ploy to getting our vote to continue killing of Nigerians.
I pray no fellow Yoruba get carried away by this political craftiness.
I know any govt can revoke this unconstitutional award of GCFR so nothing more to this than political agenda of APC.
Thanks To Nigerians

How will this effect any positive change to the current Holocaust we are experiencing?
I used to think that it was the politicians fighting while Nigerians are the commentators. Are you now saying that it is in fact the sophisticated politicians killing the common citizen?
I have lost everything, my finance have been leveled to -000,000,000 naira, my physical appearance have been affected to look like a ragged beggar, my relationship with people has soured badly, my intelligence has reduced or limited, my security and freedom compromised, reality is upside down even my faith has been thrashed and trampled upon.
What is this document has to do with anything? How does it affect anyone?

I need assurance asap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by NothingDoMe: 10:36am On Jun 07, 2018
Omeokachie:
PDP (OBJ and GEJ administrations) missed a golden opportunity to honour MKO for his great contributions in the struggle for our democracy, by not declaring June 12 as democracy day.

They were more concerned about what the reaction of the North would be to such a declaration.

Today, Buhari has done it not because he appreciates MKO's contribution, but for desperation to hold on to power.

Because it has come from one of their own and they cannot be seen to fight a man that can drag everything down with him using state apparatus in such a fight.

Lesson to Southerners, do that which you know is right irrespective of what the majority (north) may think. Political correctness sometimes needs to be ignored when doing the right thing is concerned.
Well said
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by NairaMaster1(m): 10:37am On Jun 07, 2018
Nukilia:
All these charade for what? Diversionary tactics can never make Nigerians forget about the corrupt government. 2019 must be the end of these rudderless crooks running the country without a master plan. Shame on Jonathan for behaving like a drunkard during his tenure.

Momodu is looking for political appointment.
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by shizzle1: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2018
WowSweetGuy:
very mumu and useless slavish tribe

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Moorish: 10:38am On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes you can.
Our Democracy day is May 29th.

Nigeria is not a Banana republic where public holidays are decreed at will and national awards doled out to unmeriting individuals.
MKO was denied his constitutional rights, and was jailed unlawfully. The man died in jail for believing in his constitutional rights.

Why can't he be your hero my bro?

Do not let your hatred for the west see MKO as undeserving

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes you can.

Nigeria is not a Banana republic where public holidays are decreed at will and national awards doled out to unmeriting individuals.
Your wailing asslicking unworthiness is on another level.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2018
shizzle1:
very mumu and useless slavish tribe
Aswear
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by 7lives: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2018
ariesbull:
Abiola, The Yorubas and Their Friend Buhari, the messiah!

Now there is something to talk about for the next 2 weeks.
"He loves the Yorubas so much that he recognizes Abiola as "almost a president".
With June 12 recognition, Naira is now stronger!
With June 12 recognition, SARS and police are now good men who do not harass citizens.
With June 12 recognition, more money is in your banks personal account.
With June 12 recognition, there is now 24 hour electricity, hospitals are now good, roads motorable.
Oh you didn't know that Buhari loved Yorubas so much that he signed the "press statement" himself!
Oh it's a public holiday?
June 12 now a democracy day.
So Buhari now has "tenure elongation" for two weeks?
Clap for HIM!
Now you have something to talk about.
With June 12 "officially recognized", Fulani herdsmen have stopped killing villagers in Zamfara, Taraba and Benue.
Nigeria, is now safer, happier, and developed.
Now you have a distraction for another 14 days.
By the way, there have been people that were supposed to be given posthumous national awards but the Award Act they said does not allow giving national awards to dead people!
The woman that saved Nigerians, Stella Adedevoh from Ebola was not given a national award because she is dead!
Giving national honours to Abiola is illegal and against your constitution unless there is a law the former Chief Justice of the Federation does not know.
But your president in order to hoodwink and deceive Yorubas for their votes in 2019, is now democracy hero!
You have something to talk about for the next week.
Sorry, oh yea Nigerians.
What a people, what a generation!

Soappy tears.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Herkim(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2018
I do not know why Nigerians are always insatiable instead of us to appreciate what this government has done we keep on talking as if we are llliterate. Do you know when people are been agitating for this bros something Past government failed to recognize let give kudos to this govt it is not all about holiday some people actually Laid there lifes for democracy to have been installed in Nigeria and one of them is Moshood Abiola

I quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=68255667] shocked

Yes you can.

God forbid that I ever consider M.K.O Abiola a hero.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Timfreds(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2018
Omeokachie:

Brother U said it all.
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by 7lives: 10:58am On Jun 07, 2018
kashman001:
What great decision from PMB, then as a teenager I participated in the struggle , very happy for FG to recognized June 12.
We are expecting more decision in the days ahead

Omo na my koro koro eye bullet hit one man for ijeshatedo expressway bus stop.
The following day we were back to continue the protest and tires burnings.
It was a no retreat no surrender mindsets, and we send the military away, but they came back by proxy.
So many unknown citizens died during that period, this was why people hate PDP in Lagos, people believed that PDP was a military party, and this was why they select OBJ to come and continue their agenda on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by ofuonyebi: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2018
when you hate a man in Nigeria, there is nothing good he will do to please u...everything here is politics...no objective criticism..

Buhari's govt. might have not done well in curtailing the hersdmen, but he had showed guts of a great leader by declaring JUNE12, as Nigeria's

democracy day...QED!

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by jamace(m): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2018
GreenMavro:
grin

How many LIKES for BUHARI for this declaration of June 12 as public holiday....SHARE if you think otherwise wink
All those who voted "Like" are ignoramuses, including Dele Momodu because they are ignorant of the Constitution of Nigeria.

1. Posthumous award of this nature are meant for military men who died in battle.

2. "Democracy Day" is stipulated by the constitution to be May 29 every year. It therefore means that the constitution has to be amended. Sadly, Buhari did not consult the national assembly before making the pronouncement.

Double goof by Buhari there.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by hmuhammad(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yes you can.

small pikin talk.
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by activistjohnny(m): 11:28am On Jun 07, 2018
Fact is: Governor Fayose honoured MKO Abiola before Buhari, who was among the killers of MKO and his wife, Kudirat remembered to honour him obviously for political reasons.

Nigerians must still remember that Buhari was a prominent member of the Abacha govt that arrested, incarcerated and killed MKO Abiola.

Then, what effort did Buhari make to free MKO?

Shedding crocodile tears on the grave of the same MKO Abiola that they conspired to kill won't redeem Buhari's image as an unrepentant dictator and ethnic champion.

May the soul of MKO and Kudirat Rest In Peace.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/june-12-fayose-declares-monday-public-holiday/amp/
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by melomelo: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2018
All this are distractions. This man was no where to be found for the past 3 yrs ago of firm.
Now that Election is around.
Buhari is warming up
Nigerian must wake up!
If you like declare your wife Aisha b**b vacant
Nigerian are not interested in any of your declarations
We are HUNGRY. There is FAMINE in Nigeria now
All we are sayinnngggg..Leave Aso Rockkkk
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Ziggylady(f): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2018
Sws are so cheap!!....so so cheap undecided..Hausa-Fulanis are clearly smarter than these SW folks..I guess this 'June 12 ' declaration has solved all the humongous problems in their lives and region
Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Ziggylady(f): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2018
WowSweetGuy:

You ate spot on! embarassed..theur mumuness no get part two.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by Malikcoker: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2018
Infact @MBuhari has been fair to us:

� June12 #DemocracyDay
� Dual Gauge railway
� Ibadan Express Way
� Ikorodu-Shagamu Road
� Osun Ila-Ekiti Road
� Ogbomosho-North Road
� Apapa Road Lagos
� Lagos Stadium
� Airport Road Lagos

Just afew

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by yazach: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
pauljumbo:
Nigerians don’t vote for people that value cows more than humans

David abioye

What concern you and your useless pastor about my country Nigeria. Go to Israel where you belong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N1bn Imo Debt: 17 Banks In Trouble  (full List) / How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? / We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.