Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,078 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Flashback: General Ibrahim Babangida's Broadcast That Annulled MKO Abiola's 1993 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: General Ibrahim Babangida's Broadcast That Annulled MKO Abiola's 1993 (316 Views)

General Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial In Pictures (Videos) / Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / June 12 Presidential Election Result And Why IBB Annulled It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: General Ibrahim Babangida's Broadcast That Annulled MKO Abiola's 1993 by wisdom201: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2018
Source: https://www.talkingpoint360.com/flashback-general-ibrahim-babangidas-broadcast-that-annulled-mko-abiolas-1993-presidential-ambitions/

Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), in a nationwide broadcast, officially announced the annulment of June 12, 1993, presidential election believed to have been won by Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale (MKO) Abiola, the candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP). Below is the full text of his address:

Fellow Nigerians, I address you today with a deep sense of world history and particularly of the history of our great country. In the aftermath of the recently annulled presidential election, I feel, as I believe you yourself feel, a profound sense of disappointment at the outcome of our last efforts at laying the foundation of a viable democratic system of government in Nigeria.

I, therefore, wish, on behalf of myself and members of the National Defence and Security Council and indeed of my entire administration, to feel with my fellow countrymen and women for the cancellation of the electi...........

Get Details below:
Source: https://www.talkingpoint360.com/flashback-general-ibrahim-babangidas-broadcast-that-annulled-mko-abiolas-1993-presidential-ambitions/

Re: Flashback: General Ibrahim Babangida's Broadcast That Annulled MKO Abiola's 1993 by freida1993(f): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2018
Naija my country
Re: Flashback: General Ibrahim Babangida's Broadcast That Annulled MKO Abiola's 1993 by Paperwhite(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2018
IBB-The subtle "Maradona" ever seen in the Nigerian political landscape.
Re: Flashback: General Ibrahim Babangida's Broadcast That Annulled MKO Abiola's 1993 by clevvermind(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari is the biggest hypocrite known by man.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Were Still Feeling The Pains Of The Civil War, Which Lasted For About Three / "Diversification" Is The Key To My Success Says Dr. Cairo Ojougboh / National Carrier As 2019 Strategy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.