Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:05 PM

The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read (916 Views)

Profile Of Major-General Farouk Yahaya (Chief Of Army Staff) / Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff / Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2018
The Dangers of Amebo
When Major Daniel Bamidele found out about the coup plot against President Shehu Shagari he rushed up and reported the issue to his GOC, Major-General Mohammadu Buhari. Poor Bamidele did not know that Buhari was the chief conspirator! Buhari quickly arrested Bamidele and locked him up for weeks until the coup was successfully executed with Buhari in power.

Bamidele learnt his lessons -Amebo is not good.
But the gods, those willy beings will cause water to hang between your teeth. Bamidele would again learn about another coup -this time against Babangida. Thinking he can outwit the gods, he kept quite this time and didn't report the plot. Poor Bamidele was again arrested -this time for not reporting the coup! My brother, if the gods gather on your matter, forget it: an innocent ant bite can give you diabetes. A forlorn Bamidele would later plead for clemency before the Special Military Tribunal (SMT) saying:

"I heard of the 1983 coup planning, told my GOC General Buhari who detained me... Instead of a pat on the back, I received a stab. How then do you expect me to report this one? This trial marks the eclipse of my brilliant and unblemished career of 19years. I fought in the civil war with the ability it pleased God to give me. It is unfortunate that I'm being convicted for something which I have had to stop on two occasions... It is an irony of fate that the president of the tribunal who in 1965 felt I was good enough to take training in the UK is now saddled with the duty of showing me the exit from the force and the world."

Ibrahim Babangida wouldn't care for his pleas. On March 5, 1986 inside Kirikiri Max Security Prison alongside other condemned men, Major Bamidele would match to the firing squad singing: "In the resurrection morning when the prison bars are broken, we shall rise, Alleluia, we shall rise". 6:30pm the guns rang and Major Daniel Bamidele was gone, sent off by Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, the wiliest, vilest, evilest and deadliest of them all.

May your case not be like Bamidele's.
Re: The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Unfortunate guy
Re: The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read by Dedetwo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
I guess it was good for Major Bamidele.
Re: The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read by Paperwhite(m): 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
"I heard of the 1983 coup planning, told my GOC General Buhari who detained me... Instead of a pat on the back, I received a stab. How then do you expect me to report this one?......"
Maj.Bamidele was just unfortunate.Strangely the Buhari he reported to had him arrested & detained only for him to emerge as the CIC to the admonishment of the young major.
Re: The Fate Of Major Daniel Bamidele . Must Read by Alejoc(m): 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Wow shocked shocked shocked

What a fate!

(1) (Reply)

Savage! Funny Picture Of A Presidential Aspirant. / CAN Protests Buhari’s Aide Abuse, Denies Endorsing President For 2019 / Nnamdi Kanu Kept On A Nigerian Naval Warship In Bayelsa – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.