Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 (12235 Views)

Body Of Senior Advocates Of Nigeria Scholarship: A Pure Scam / How To Pass NIIT Scholarship Test Format, Sample Questions And Past Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by bonafidelife: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
MrWondah:

There is Full Stack Web Development

A lot of people truly want to build a career in IT but unfortunately get into wrong hands who barely even give them a comprehensive basics.. NIIT has empowered so many in Nigeria and were the pacesetters for the IT revolution in our dear country and so must be commended.. However, is shame that many have bitter stories to tell from the hands of quacks who are only there for their pocket at the expense of innocent people.

Here's another piece from a group who I think have what it takes and know what they are doing... Spoke about them earlier..
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/5/full-stack-web-based-development-your-assurance-and-relevance-in-every-industrial-sector-of-today-and-the-future-upon-us-2.html

All the best...
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by MrWondah(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
bonafidelife:

A lot of people truly want to build a career in IT but unfortunately get into wrong hands who barely even give them a comprehensive basics.. NIIT has empowered so many in Nigeria and were the pacesetters for the IT revolution in our dear country and so must be commended.. However, is shame that many have bitter stories to tell from the hands of quacks who are only there for their pocket at the expense of innocent people.

Here's another piece from a group who I think have what it takes and know what they are doing... Spoke about them earlier..
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/5/full-stack-web-based-development-your-assurance-and-relevance-in-every-industrial-sector-of-today-and-the-future-upon-us-2.html

All the best...

Unfortunately you cant compare DEFT-Rains with NIIT.
I commend the efforts you make, but I cant even find Web design not to talk of Web Development or Full-stack Web Dev.
Secondly you only have two locations; Abuja and Lagos. What happens to people outside these locations?
The duration of your courses are like introductory, there is no way a beginner can cover and fully understand all the courses associated with full-stack in 12 weeks.
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by themanderon: 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
I regret paying 110k for this program in 2011. Just a scam to extort money from people.
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
I wrote NIIT scholarship years ago at TBS Lagos and guess what, it is 60% discount to the course I wanted to study.
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Senselin:
I wrote NIIT scholarship years ago at TBS Lagos and guess what, it is 60% discount to the course I wanted to study.

Eyaaaaa
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by bonafidelife: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
MrWondah:

I commend the efforts you make, but I cant even find Web design not to talk of Web Development or Full-stack Web Dev.
Secondly you only have two locations; Abuja and Lagos. What happens to people outside these locations?
The duration of your courses are like introductory, there is no way a beginner can cover and fully understand all the courses associated with full-stack in 12 weeks.

Nah, I think you misunderstood my view. Wasn't making a comparison here. IT in nigeria would be nowhere without the massive contributions of NIIT. That said, I was only making a case for a group who a few i know have attested to their competence in the programmes they offer in the light of those here in this forum who had bad tales to tell.
Unless they are no longer offering it but I think the linked i shared earlier suggest they though.. Here is it again..
Again all the best..
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by MrWondah(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
bonafidelife:

Nah, I think you misunderstood my view. Wasn't making a comparison here. IT in nigeria would be nowhere without the massive contributions of NIIT. That said, I was only making a case for a group who a few i know have attested to their competence in the programmes they offer in the light of those here in this forum who had bad tales to tell.
Unless they are no longer offering it but I think the linked i shared earlier suggest they though.. Here is it again..
Again all the best..
OK, thanks for clearing things.
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Kokaine(m): 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
MrWondah:

There is Full Stack Web Development
konfam
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
bonafidelife:

Again all the best..

Nice
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
Kokaine:
konfam
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
MrWondah:

Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by LadyHeaven(f): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
blaise00700:
I am a product of this beautiful scheme (God blessed me through NIIT) but it comes with hard work and dedication.

Mind you, the scholarship is not completely free, I paid about N150K back then in 2002 and wrote 4 Prometric exams (21k each) to get my OCP.

My papa sell em Datsun cherry to pay this money but e eventually pay off, unfortunately he didn't live long enough to enjoy the benefit cry.

Can a novice apply?
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
LadyHeaven:

Can a novice apply?

Yes
Re: Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2018
naijatatafo:
NIIT is seeking applications from young Nigerians for the 19th National Scholarship. With a thrust on creating skilled manpower for the Nigerian IT industry, the NIIT Nigeria Scholarship will help students get skilled for a Global career in IT through training in technology.

IT industry in Nigeria is estimated to among the fastest growing IT industries in the world. NIIT conducts the IT Scholarship exam every year to help identify meritorious students to join this industry and be a part of the global skilled IT Talent pool. Over the last A3 years, NUT Scholarships have become one of the most awaited events in the annual events calendar of the country.

Application Deadline: 13th July 2018
Scholarship test date: 14th July 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, Training
Award Provider: National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT)

Eligible Fields of Study:
DigiNxt MMS, Big Data, Java Enterprises Apps with DevOps, Digital Marketing apart from Revolutionary MMS. NIIT is also launching a state-of-the-art program in financial accounting- “Tally.ERP9” in Nigeria and other programmes.

Eligibility:
School Leavers, Under Graduates, Graduates [Unemployed, Under-Employed], Individuals desirous of enhancing their technical skill-sets and students in general who aspire to know about I.T. and career in I.T.

Application:
NIIT Nigeria Scholarship Programme for Nigerian Students 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Fuoye Saga: By Nans Zone D (south West) / The Saddening Collapse Of Education In Nigeria / Do Not Ever Use Wes For Transcript Evaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.