Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,829 members, 7,837,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration (1319 Views)

Senate In Rowdy Session Over Screening Of Festus Keyamo / House In Rowdy Session As PDP Loses Members To APC / Buhari's EFCC Nominees: Senate In Rowdy Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by boman2014: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
The House of Representatives is currently in a rowdy session over President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to declare June 12 as Nigeria’s Democracy Day.

While some lawmakers supported it, others asked the president to rescind his decision.

Some of the lawmakers also kicked against the honour given to Moshood Abiola, the presumed winner of the
June 12,1993 presidential election.

Some lawmakers who also spoke on the issue said there is need to ensure the rule of law is followed
regarding the matter, while others spoke in favour of the president’s decision.

Details later…..

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/271465-breaking-reps-in-rowdy-session-over-june-12-democracy-day-declaration.html
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by gurnam: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
We want to know who is saying what, so that the SW will know who these enemies are

Hope Ibo reps will be bold enough to speak against the honour to MKO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by Throwback: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
That's very typical.
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by dukie25: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
The president have the right to declare a temporary holiday on June 12th. Permanent day of holiday can only be declared by Parliament.
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
That's all they can do. RANT
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by KenOne: 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
NASS wants to be heard all the time even when it's not necessary, does the president require your input in whom he choses to confer an award to. The answer is no. Then why tell him to rescind what you lack the power to advise or legislate on. OBJ made 29th May a democracy day without recourse to NASS why try to show your power when your power can not take you any where. Is it this NASS that is divided against itself wants to impeach the president, no wonder the executive and Nigerians don't take them serious.
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by seunmsg(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
June 12 democracy day has come to stay and deservedly so. The clowns who are shouting against it are very poor students of history. Without Abiola's struggle, there won't even be a house of representatives for them to belong to as we may still be under the military.

Those saying the president cannot declare a day as public holiday without an act of parliament should show us the act that OBJ relied upon to declare May 29 democracy day and public holiday.

For the avoidance of doubt, the president, under the public holidays act has the power to declare a public holiday as he deems fit without recourse to the national assembly. The public holidays act is the law that regulates the declaration of public holidays and the president is not in breach of that law.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
June 12 represents the aspiration for democratic struggle in Nigeria and it laid the foundation for the birth of the present democratic dispensation that began on May 29, 1999.

I support this June 12 Date as Democracy Day irrespective of my political opposition to President Buhari and his government.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by boman2014: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
June 12 represents the aspiration for democratic struggle in Nigeria and it laid the foundation for the birth of the present democratic dispensation on May 29.

I support this June 12 Date as Democracy Day irrespective of my political opposition to President Buhari and his government.

Good one
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
June 12 represents the aspiration for democratic struggle in Nigeria and it laid the foundation for the birth of the present democratic dispensation on May 29.

Sincerely every Nigerian supports this

Thank You Buhari....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by Paperwhite(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
June-12 was the most befitting to decleared as democracy day but the enemies of MKO think that important month in 1993 can be banish away.
I remember being part of the struggle for that mandate too.
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Sincerely every Nigetian supports this

Thank You Buhari....
You de support Anyawu (PDP) for Governor and still de support Buhari for President. Na wa o
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by clevvermind(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
Wailers must wail. it is not a strange thing.
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by megamank(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
These guys always spend their time and energy of irrelevant issue that has no benefit to the common Nigerian.....there are other pressing issue that should be discussed and not this that has nothing to add or subtract to the economy of the country....
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You de support Anyawu (PDP) for Governor and still de support Buhari for President. Na wa o

I'm Supporting Anyanwu... Even in 2019 i will vote APC candidate for House of Reps in my Zone

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

I'm Supporting Anyanwu... Even in 2019 i will vote APC candidate for House of Reps in my Zone
It is called "antiparty" activity...
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

It is called "antiparty" activity...

I do not belong to any Political Party grin

How far Markaffi na? Be like you lay low small
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

I do not belong to any Political Party grin
How far Markaffi na? Be like you lay low small
Pending the time he officially declares but the project is a divine one.
You are a Nairaland consultant to Anyanwu?
Re: BREAKING: Reps In Rowdy Session Over June 12 Democracy Day Declaration by kahal29: 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
gurnam:
We want to know who is saying what, so that the SW will know who these enemies are

Hope Ibo reps will be bold enough to speak against the honour to MKO

It is just one PDP lawmaker by Name Hon Ossai from Delta state that it is against it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Economic Growth: Kwara Ranks Second In Africa / Hon. Mrs Dupe Susan Bakare Is Our Choice / ThePlatFormNigeria will be organising 3 debates; See List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.