Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

South East Against June 12 Democracy Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Against June 12 Democracy Day (981 Views)

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by classicabdul21: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why is the majority of those I am seeing opposing this June 12 honor to MKO are those from South East. Why? Why cant we just be happy collectively for once for a family that gave up so much for Nigeria?
A Fulani man who spent 3 years in power before remembering MKO should be commended, A Yoruba Man from Egba spent 8 years in power without remembering MKO....and also Remember, BUHARI had earlier paid the entitlements of BIAFRA SOLDIERS......PMB, history will be kind to you! He has displayed actions that are unmatched by any of his predecessors.
I am very proud of his achievement.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by SalamRushdie: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
Liar show one person that has opposed honoring MKO Abiola or keep quiet .!!! People are only calling it a Greek cunning gift ..We are sayin Buhari should have declared the day MKO ABIOLA day which would immortalise his name and sacrifice not democracy day which already exist and cemmorates democracy ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
classicabdul21:
Why is the majority of those I am seeing opposing this June 12 honor to MKO are those from South East. Why? Why cant we just be happy collectively for once for a family that gave up so much for Nigeria?
A Fulani man who spent 3 years in power before remembering MKO should be commended, A Yoruba Man from Egba spent 8 years in power without remembering MKO....and also Remember, BUHARI had earlier paid the entitlements of BIAFRA SOLDIERS......PMB, history will be kind to you! He has displayed actions that are unmatched by any of his predecessors.

he paid entitlement to ur village soldiers not biafrans.......soldiers

Liar and propagandist

8 Likes

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
who said SE are angry when the Senate has called on INEC to announce the 1993 results for abiola....

ME: Funny

they should announce the result and give him certificate of return in his grave.........

and swear him in...........in his grave....

afterall no be today buhari starts to deal with the dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by hisgrace090: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
The move is welcomed.
Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by kingzizzy: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
classicabdul21:

Stop talking nonsense. A Yoruba holiday was upgraded to a national holiday by Buhari in a desperate bid to curry vote a from Yoruba's.

3 Likes

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by mpianya39(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
classicabdul21:

See packaging mehn, shocked shocked unity beggars association don upgrade oh grin grin

3 Likes

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by ElsonMorali: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
It's so obvious that a lot of Igbos on this forum feel pained that Buhari seems to be honoring Yorubas by declaring June 12 as the new democracy day while May 30 and the Biafran jingle are still outlawed.

I understand that most of them who have commented negatively were either not born during the June 12 struggle or were babies still sucking breasts.

June 12 has always been an open sore on the nation's conscience.

For those who were not born then, almost all Nigerians from all tribes and religious persuasion voted for MKO.

So, this is a victory for us all irrespective of tribe or religion.

I don't expect the tribalists to understand this.

1 Like

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by phase1: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Why did yorubas lament when GEJ call Igbos his political backbone?
Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by naijacentric(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
D tribalist av started again are we cursed in dis country too much negative energy

1 Like

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by sweerychick(f): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
Every idiot would just wake up one morning and create a stupid post undecided what concerns igbos and June 12 ? Who told you igbos are pained by it, didn't igbos vote for Abiola in 93 SDP was very popular in the southeast and it made option A4 voting system popular! Please delete this thread and stop promoting sentiments tongue

3 Likes

Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by coolebux(m): 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
This Op is a hot-idiot
Re: South East Against June 12 Democracy Day by Sirjamo: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
They are angry because nobody remember cowards Ojukwu and cownu.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Robber Flees Prison By Helicopter / BREAKING: Nigerian Govt. Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF President / Marafa Blasts Saraki: If Not For Constitution, You'll Still Be Kwara Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.