Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,120 members, 7,852,795 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

Man Narrates How LASEMA Official Saved Him From Thugs In Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Narrates How LASEMA Official Saved Him From Thugs In Lagos (283 Views)

Accident Survivor Narrates How Toyin Abraham Saved Him From Dieing / #EndSARSBrutality: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Narrates How He Was "Chased & Shot At" / Myweather Vs Conor: Hushpuppi Narrates What Happened To Him Last Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Narrates How LASEMA Official Saved Him From Thugs In Lagos by EmagNig(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
A man identified as Tolulope T. Toluwalase has taken to Facebook to narrate on how he was saved by a Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA official from touts who wanted to exploit him after his car had a break down on 3rd Mainland Bridge.

According to the man, he was surprised at the quick response of the agent after his wife made contact with them through the social media.

Read what he wrote below:

#HonourableNigerians

I think it was the Speaker of the House of Representatives who recently told President Muhammadu Buhari at the commissioning of the EFCC HQ in Abuja that there were several incorruptible Nigerians all over the world. Here is an example of a decent and honest Nigerian, a LASEMA official, as shared in this copied post. Government should commend and reward acts like this immediately to encourage others. The French President, Emmanuel Macron immediately honoured Malian migrant 'Siderman' Mamoudou Gassama with the medal for courage for climbing a Paris city apartment block to save the life of a dangling 4-year old.

THE POST
Was dashing out of Lagos to meetup a 4:00 p.m speaking engagement at Osogbo - Osun State.

At about 11a.m, with the early morning rain still pouring down, i negotiated Osborne/Foreshore Road-Ikoyi inward 3rd mainland Bridge. Suddenly my car tyres hit some metal shrapnel hidden underneath the flood on the lanes. A little movement towards Adeniji/Adekunle and Gboa!! Two tyres went FLAT.

Getting stuck on #3MB is not an experience you wish for. Before i could blink - #ALAYE's (3 Area Boys/Street Urchins) from Adeniji Adele were already jogging towards me.

They started demanding #OwoILe. 20K!!!!!!.....I'm like - can you sight any ATM machine in the car? Trust the Area Boy instinct in an average Lagosian, i started wording them. They started getting unruly and i was calculating my next moves incase they try getting physical. Their chairmen were calling from under the bridge for updates and they were like....Bobo yi o cooperate o (He's not cooperating o).

Network was horrible and when my phone could find a bar, i quickly called my wife to call #LASEMA ( @lasemasocial )and my mechanic to get tyres and meet me up.

In less than 5 minutes and i'm not kidding, this #LASEMA Agent - MR OWOLABI OLAWALE JUBRIL rode in on his bike. He already envisaged the situation and notified a Government Patrol convoy on his way coming. At their arrival ALL THE BOYS TOOK TO THEIR HEELS.

He took charge - Setup Cone barriers on the road to condone off other motorist in the rain till my mechanic joined me, approximately in about an hour.

After we were done, i requested to give him some cash as appreciation, HE DECLINED. Requested for his account details - HE DECLINED. Just said I AM DOING MY JOB. He only permitted me to take his pictures and i codedly snapped his bike plate number. I was not only impressed, I was DAZED.

This post is to celebrate MR OWOLABI OLAWALE JUBRIL ( Facebook - OlawaleowolabBike Number - LRU- 008 LA) for being such a RARE Nigerian and to LASEMA (@lasemasocial ) for such amazing, timely and Speedy response.

You only get to experience such social service abroad but right here in @akinwunmiambode 's LAGOS, it is HAPPENING.

© Tolulope T. Toluwalase, June 3 2018

There's hope.

https://lailasnews.com/man-narrates-how-lasema-official-saved-him-from-touts-in-lagos/

lalasticlala

Re: Man Narrates How LASEMA Official Saved Him From Thugs In Lagos by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Man Narrates How LASEMA Official Saved Him From Thugs In Lagos by Tripleanthony(m): 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
front page material

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need An Agency For Your Modeling Career The Internet Has Opened / You Made My Childhood - Nigerians Mourn Death Of Legend, Ras Kimono / Wise Words By Newage Abundance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.